New Update to Realmeye PLZ!

@Doc , no idea why, just pointing out it’s possible. @RMGnoob , not muledump, above is old project aka nostalgia machine. Every death log (since migration if you don’t have backlog) is publicly (that is not on “search by in-game name” basis but still) available (including full inventory among other things).

@Atredes then how would you collect data from accounts that aren’t yours, considering that Realmeye is barely tolerated and what you’re trying to do is a lot less defendable than it?

I could ask what do you mean by “what you are trying to do” but my sole reason for replaying was to point out that you were wrong. I don’t care about conclusion.

You can assume the crawling process required to gather information for current realmeye graveyard is already pulling all the information, what is shown and what is not is design decision.

“Just listen and believe.”

Sorry, but that’s the kind of answer that makes me think all you have is a photoshopped screenshot and that you don’t know how anything works.

And also: if Realmeye’s design decisions are what allowed it to keep running and even collaborate with the official devs, why exactly would you go against them?

If the only way you can try to debunk what I said is by breaking the ToS then no, you didn’t prove me wrong, you just proved yourself to be a dumb skiddie.

And again: what’s the point of showing people’s inventory anyway? It’s much funnier to look at their equipment and try to guess what happened.

Geez guys. No need to be so combative. Tone it down a bit.

Actually, what Atredes is showing is the same information that your RealmEye graveyard already shows, just prettied up. You can scrape any account’s death history just like RealmEye does. Back before RealmEye, in the days of Statbot, I had a friend do this for my account—I simply walked into the nexus where he was, and a minute later, he sent me a link to the pastebin that he uploaded it to.

I’m not saying you don’t know how RealmEye works, but it sounds to me like you shouldn’t say that someone doesn’t know how anything works if you yourself don’t know how it works.

EDIT: I figured backing up what I said is warranted, so here’s an excerpt of the first ten characters from the deaths file my friend scraped for my HGKing account from November 29, 2012.

RealmEye information gathering?

I don’t know anything about the technical aspect of this game. I just know how to provoke excessively smug people into telling me what they know.

Except Realmeye doesn’t tell you what was in the inventory of a dead character…

… and unless I’m mistaken, your friend’s method doesn’t either.

So what is Atredes doing that they’re not?

Bot: "I want this one thing."
Server: "Here are 3 things."
Bot: “Okay, i’ll take one and ignore the other 2.”

Basically like that. The data is there, they just choose to ignore it. RealmEye is pretty strict about not going beyond what the game does in terms of making certain accessible information public.

Ah. Well, the most basic way to put it is that when you enter nexus, your client receives all of the information about all of the other people in the nexus you’re in. That is what RealmEye uses, this is what those “inventory viewer” hacks use, and so on.

But it does. It’s right there in the <Equipment> node (e.g., line 9). You just have to know what number corresponds to what item. EDIT: RealmEye could show this, but they don’t.

So it really is a design decision and not a technical limitation or an oversight.

Thanks for the clarification.

… I was looking so hard for an “Inventory” node I didn’t bother to check how many numbers were in the “Equipment” node and just assumed they were 4… I’m dumb.

Hey, it happens to the best of us.

For an example of how the game itself used to use this info:

If you recall grave-looting, the grave bag would contain the four equipped items as the first row of the bag, and the players’ inventory space items 1, 2, 3, 4 on the second row of the bag.

So it makes sense that the player’s inventory would be recorded as part of the death process, and I guess just they coded it to record the whole inventory.

Continuing the discussion from User’s read time a bit stalky?: Users’ death items a bit stalky?

It would be nice if Realmeye showed our deaths before we died so we can prevent them.

k thx bye

"Enter Undead Lair

96% chance of getting killed by slimes"

not sure why the argument went this long… Doc said it was impossible as the very first reply, so wouldn’t everything else that’s being said not matter?

Well, I was sorta wrong (on purpose) for one thing I said. So, of course we’re now picking apart the minutiae. As is tradition.

got it, but I have nothing to add to the picking apart so I shall take my leave now.

Wait so how does it find out pet stats?
Is it how much you get healed?
So you have to use an ability in the nexus before it can tell your pet stats?
I am sure it’s not that, also how does it get most recent deaths?
And how does it check whether you have a backpack on?

Simple answer: It’s public information, it has to be.

Can’t provide you with a detailed answer, but do you really need it?

Edit: I’m going to take an uneducated guess and say realmeye gets some of it’s data, such as death data from appspot links.

Here’s an example of the current #1 char data (PallyKing)

https://realmofthemadgod.appspot.com/char/fame?accountId=5897605475467264&charId=13

The pet info must be freely flying around to enable your game client to correctly display the +40 or whatever above the other player’s head.