Nikao - Minions Misconception

Many players assume that killing Nikao’s minions heals him, but I’ve been looking closely at what the minions do.

THEY DON’T HEAL HIM WHEN THEY DIE

(At least, when they die)

I just did a LoD hardmode Nikao with an assassin and a non-maxed ninja. What I told them to do was to kill all the minions EXCEPT ONE. Even though there was some miscoordination, eventually we left one minion alone and we beat the blue dragon up.

What I’m saying is that whenever Nikao gets close enough to a minion, it heals it 1000 hp. So, if there are too many minions in one spot and Nikao somehow wanders over there from his 2nd to last attacking phase, he’ll regain a LOT of health. So, it makes sense to kill the minions.

HOWEVER, if all the minions are dead, he will respawn 8 of them, making the battle more troublesome. This is just a heads-up to all the players who keep on blaming the people killing the minions on their deaths/nexuses to Nikao. (People who don’t kill all the minions are OK, the people who kill the last one are the ones to blame.)

I feel enlightened and as if an ancient god has bestowed forgotten wisdom upon me. I’ll have to keep that in mind.

“Find this shocking truth! And many more! In… Enduring Myths of Rotmg!”

The minions spawn in one of four formations (i think). Hug and heal, where they swarm Nikao and heal her. Flee and heal, where they run away from players and heal Nikao. Shield and slash, where they circle Nikao and attack players. And run and gun, where they stick close to players and attack them.

I have noticed some of these different behaviors, now it makes sense.

So if she getting healed too much, you just need to kill the minions to try to get a different formation?

Does the taunt that Nikao makes when she spawns the minions tell you which formation it is?

Nope, you just got to get behind Nikao to see if there’s any healing text.

Nikao - Minions Misconception (Again)

I’m pretty sure a lot of people know this already. As far back as last year there were a lot of people yelling at others not to kill the last baby dragon

And then it changed into “STOP KILLING THE BABY DRAGONS!!!”

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.