Official Thread: Polish and Balancing

Both katanas are usable and viable as they are.
There is no need for either to fully outclass the other.

Doku gives slightly more range for slightly more damage and wavy-esque shots that can sometimes be annoying, sometimes helpful. Not an incredibly specific niche, but it’s alright the way it is.

/off-topic, now, please

I know right imagine that orb on chests…

It doesn’t outclass the cronus because it does more damage, that doesn’t make sense, then the EP is the best weapon of the game.
The new Cronus does more damage and it’s less affected by defense, that’s what a dagger class needs.
Try to farm godlands with an etherite and then try with a cronus, you’ll be way more effective with the cronus.

I had a few cracks at the dungeon on an unmaxed huntress to try to break it with traps. No luck. However, here’s a few more things I thought of:

*Enemy projectiles from generic monsters are too fast, they emphasise tanking instead of dodging. If they were slower they’d make some nice patterns to find safespots through.
*The fountain’s only vulnerable spot being the middle is a bit unintuitive: it took me 5 runs of thinking it was simply a buggy hitbox to realise you have to hit the center. Maybe make the middle an obvious colour or something so players know where to aim.
*Enemy density in some of the smaller rooms can be pretty crazy. It’s fine on a huntress, but on something like a paladin that doesn’t have a good way of clearing massed enemies it would take quite a while of one-shotting enemies to clear the room. Meanwhile, bow classes clear it in a couple of volleys.
*I found a safespot during the boss’s confuse phase, up to you if you want to patch it or not. After some more testing, the amount of safe spaces is very huge. Also, this is the phase in most need of a damage buff.

*The boss’s phase where he fires (i think) 80 damage projectiles that are blue circles that arc around is a really good phase, if you’re going to crank up the damage you do not need to touch this one. It’s a lot of fun as it is. This one:

*Boss movement that I complained about earlier is actually fine. It was messy with other people, but in a solo run it’s very easy to predict, much easier than Limon.

I love this dungeon.

Staff seems pretty good, and like the only good item out of the new set.

I agree Cronus overall is better now, thank god. I maybe some of the few that are still a tad salty a tradebale item does more DPS than a UT. If they add a wis mod for Sin then it’s going to be pretty insane

Well, Murky seems to be pretty amazing now. I should probably farm some sews in prod when i get the chance.

Gee, I’m kind of disappointed that the new orb’s stasis time makes Orb of Conflict even more useless. It is another event white that desperately needs a buff, being obsoleted by an ST much like the CDirk situation.

The new poisons are pretty good, that’s a nice rework, the only problem is the description, especially with the murky, it’s pretty hard to read/understand.

For the trickster the UT prisms are good enough, the damage of the Ghostly and the Dire Instability are decent, and the Dancing Swords doesn’t really need to be changed IMO.
But the Tired prism are pretty much the same, except that the decoy goes too far away making it pretty hard if you’re aiming an enemy on your screen.

I agree with Pharest on the tiered prisms, they should go 8 tiles tops.

What I’m thinking is to buff the dire instability a little more, as now it is hugely outclassed by the ghostly prism, as you can almost never aim the instability right to a single target, yet it does a lot less than the ghostly prism.

also, whats up with the apples not actually fully maxing you D:

Apples not fully maxing is more useful for testing purposes than actually fully maxing. Personally, I think they’re too powerful - 20 defence is a lot. Being able to test only partially potted would be helpful.

Hm, 10 tiles is exactly how far they go and always have gone. It’s just that now they don’t get stuck anymore!

It hardly makes a difference, once you have gear then fresh level 20 with no pots is a cake walk in the dungeon

Oh my bad, I might’ve been thinking of one of the UTs. I can’t look at the exact stats right now because I’m dced. I swore I thought one said 15 tiles.

Regardless, it feels like it goes too far, I guess I just had my numbers wrong. I’ll specify something a little more correct when I see them again haha

Edit: Okay, I realized I’m an idiot and looked at Dire Instability and saw shots and read tiles. It is fact 10 tiles so I’m now advocating for something closer to 7.5

The dire instability sends a decoy that explodes when you have to go deep with the ghostly if you want to do damage, that’s why it’s like that.

I still think maybe the damage could be buffed, as it is a looooot less than the ghostly prism for more mp cost

replying to non important things LuL EU devs

I spoke to a friend (one that can actually read) about the poison tool tips and we came up with these points:

1. Knowing that poisons take 0.8 seconds to throw is nice, but, as it’s the same for all poisons, having it written on all of them is unnecessary.
  2. Knowing the first tick of damage isn’t useful. As long as we know the total damage, whether the first tick is 80 or 85 doesn’t matter.
  3. There is too much written for such a simple item. For anyone who, like myself, struggles to read or doesn’t understand English very well, it might seem like it does more than it actually does.

Are you saying balancing isn’t important? :thinking:

About your earlier question, simple: the Gift is not designed for the public and will only make people steamroll everything. We are not testing end game content at the moment, I think +20 on all 6/8 stats is plenty for now. That will be different for future tests of course.