Opinions on spirit staff?

It can be buffed, but to be honest this is one of the few usable UT staves. Esben is absolute horseshit, EP is unusable on anything that fires back, and Tezca’s projectiles are too thin and move too fast to aim accurately. The only other really good staff is Unholy Sacrifice, and that’s a Halls staff.

Er, Constructs? A Wiz can spell-bomb Constructs, a Mystic can stasis one or two of them. But a Necro can sit among them with an EP and nuke one of them, healing off them so they can soak up any damage.

Are you joking? The fast projectiles make them feel way more accurate to me!
It makes it even easier to hit enemies cause I don’t have to aim too far in front of their path to hit them - which is really nice for my Wizzy, so I can still spellbomb 'em!

I mean, that is true, but it really fucks with my muscle memory. I’m used to shooting far in front of stuff.

I guess tezca is usable too, but that’s still 3 usable st staves in like 8

Yes, spirit staff on its own is pretty bad, but the entropy set is a thing now, so if you have an entropy set, you can take that into account. (In which case, I think (?) it can beat out t13, I haven’t actually looked at the DPS calculator with an entropy set yet.)Also, the constant stream of purple numbers on an ogmured enemy is very satisfying.
<Or, you know, just EP everything>

That is my setup on my Necro – the alien Spirit Staff with the armour + Entropy Reactor, though I swapped it for Loaded Core at some point. The Tail reskin is a swapout, and I am happy to use either. +10 att makes the lower per-shot damage less of an issue. For very high def enemies the Tail reskin works well, and +10 dex makes its low fire rate more bearable.

No other swapouts as I do not have any other skulls and do not want to give up the alien gear bonuses. Don’t really miss the EP as Tail + att does enough damage to one-shot Constructs

that shouldn’t be possible since t13 and spirit to the same damage at 0 def, regardless of your stats

Yes, but using spirit give some additional stats when using the entropy set since it completes the set. edit: while t13 does not.

oh thats what you mean

Its a great staff in my opinion.

If you have a chromebook it will heavily increase lag, I’d say about half the strength of an urgle, no idea why though, it’s just a high fire rate

As a huge user of formatite/spirit, it’s the fire rate, the look of the staff, and the fact that it literally has enough amplitude to go around rocks in glands, it’s very useful if you know how to stay at 2 specific distances from enemys.

Also, it goes around the pillars in tombs, providing a super safe tomb

It has 600 feedpower, depending on how good that is, is how good the item is

But… If the boss isn’t visually loaded for you (which it isn’t if you are right behind the pillar) the shots don’t actually hit it, right? Or have I had that incorrect thought for the last like 7 years?

No you’re right

Edit: @KinkyPink did you mean to reply to me?

Don’t play realm on a Chromebook

I feel like Lily’s proposed buff is fair

I don’t want to, but my parents decided that this was better than a normal freaking windows computer for some reason

It’s ok. The high amplitude makes it easier to hit at least one shot on erratic targets, but harder to hit both shots on any target. It falls off hard at high defense, but honestly so do tiered staffs, so I don’t consider than to be as much of a downside as people make it out to be.

One reason people don’t like to use it is that it only barely comes out ahead in its niche, but it falls noticeably behind outside it. Looking at its dps chart on pfiffel is pretty similar to looking at pre-buff cutlass. I would caution, though, that pfiffel’s dps calculator doesn’t account for exposed. So in a good group with exposed available, things don’t look quite so bad.

And just for illustrative purposes, here’s a look at exposed and armor broken together.

It’s not really a great staff, but it’s totally usable and not as bad as people make it out to be. Almost everyone carries around an EP swapout and that’s WAY more situational than a spirit staff swapout.

Well, it does have the best longevity. It’s computational power isn’t the best so it won’t be optimal for gaming but it’s probably a decent choice when considering everything else.