Oryx Horde Dragging

Be warned, Oryx Horde is the new Kage Kami!

The Possessed Oryx Statue has an attack in which he attempts to grapple and charge at the nearest player. However, there seems to be no bound as to how far it can go. When looking for the event, I found him in a Ruins (the one with the giant snake in midlands). He also destroys obstacles in his path when he moves, and spawns the Oryx Horde floor tiles. Now there’s a beautiful stone path running from godlands to midlands.

What does this mean? You can drag the Oryx Horde on unsuspecting players (like on the beach), just like a Kage Kami but much deadlier.

The Spirit of Oryx also follows him, circling around the statue.

What would be interesting is to drag him on the beach, and kill the statue, then watch the Spirit of Oryx fly to the Megamad Oryx Statue death location. :thinking:

Anyways, I hope that a bound is set in place soon. I just don’t want it to be exploitable like the Jade and Garnet Statues, but I think having both at the same time are impossible.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get a screen shot of this.

OHorde Dragging
OHorde Dragging

Thx for the warning lol

Actually you can’t get the Spirit to fly a long way to get to the death point of the Statue. It’s like on a timer so if it doesn’t reach the death point in a small amount of time it just plants itself on to the ground.

Thank you, that’s interesting to know! Do you have a source by the way (I believe you, just wanted to read for myself too)?

I’m actually just taking a guess based on what I know. Because during some oryx horde events I have done we killed the statue and after shooting the spirit a bit it started floating towards the dead statue and it just stopped before it got there and started doing the shotgun thing.

Don’t give people ideas

screenie please p

I don’t think you will be provided with that.

didnt see that, it was too small

It’s all good.

Sorry, I’m not trying to give anyone bad ideas, just giving a warning.

Rather sad that someone would spend their time on that (aka rotmg troller) but I wouldn’t expect any less from rotmg. Where there is a hole to go they go into it like termites eating away at the structure of the game. Expect at least animals and people make use of termites by eating them which is more then I could say of a dragger who spends 10 minutes taking something to the beach

MotMG 2017 Discussion Thread (the anointed MEGATHREAD)

[Edit: moved to Game Discussion as it’s not a “bug” bug if it’s working as designed, but discussion about the need for redesign/change]

A 2nd red enemy marker dot would solve this danger (like we see at the LH Sentry event).

At least it seems it would be a ton harder to drag the Oryx Statue thing, than a Kage, since the Earthsmash is so dangerous to be around. But yeah, while there is the OH quest, don’t be afking!

This happened to me and a small group on use3, where it was put n one of the cottages in the lowlands forest. we managed to kill it only to have the ghost run off and we were unable to catch up to it before it ressurected the statue ;(

So, as we all know, in stage 3 of Oryx Horde, The Possesed Statue of Oryx starts following players around and spamming Earth Smashes. Now there has been and instance where it was intentionally dragged to the beach - Oryx Horde is the new Kage Kami. Now the poster did not get a screenshot for their post. I did get a different trype of dragging where it was all over the god lands.

The circled red is the where it started.

The longest/draggiest one I’ve been involved in killing so far,
You can just about see the red corners of the original zone in the top right:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.