Patch notes 1.2.1.0.0 – The Fame Rework

That’s good, so you pretty much guarantee a four-star

Does anyone know, did any of the vault update bugs get fixed? They mentioned other small fixes/changes. Is there a full build notes somewhere?

Also anyone know what is meant by “improved transparency”?

This was briefly mentioned on the testing thread.

Join us on Public Testing
Transparency Improvements - No more black voids! With these changes, overlapping transparent sprites should no longer stack up their opacity and become hard to see through.

Good riddance. That bonus sucked almost as much as pacifist and mundane.

:cry: noooo don’t disrespect them now that they are gone

Is the fame on death shown in-game accurate now?

No, I have Tunnel Rat on a fresh level 20, which makes it show 3000+ fame on my stats.

All this glorious fame for a diversity of cosmetics! And pet food… before the scarcity of FP items secretly increases…

Another small nitpick: it would have been nice imo to reduce the dungeon completed count to 1 instead of 0 for those who already had dungeon completes. At least just so I know which dungeons I have already done on that character.

No

I’d wait and see what you get when they die. I doubt the Attributes panel is giving us accurate numbers.

Oh yeah and a guildie just told me that maxing is percentage based :man_facepalming:

Edit: I’ll just delete my last comment there XD

Yo the transparency seems worse than before… I’m not really sure what was bugged about it before but now it just seems to stack and also not represent the correct transparency values

Edit: yeah it’s bugged

YES! That final elusive Steam achievement is MINE!

Do Steam achievements work on Exalt? I’ve heard they don’t, and I’m missing a lot of things I should have earned in the last few months.

I guess I don’t know! I had all but the one while still on flash.

u only get xp and fame if u hit an enemy now?
thats kinda unfair for melee classes who has a much harder time hitting the enemies than for example a sorc or a huntress

Speaking for the general audience, if you aren’t getting any hits in on a melee, you may want to reconsider your class decision. The point of them is to get in close, possibly taking some punishment, and hitting with a few, high damaging shots. You aren’t necessarily hitting as much as other classes, but certainly enough to at least hit sb with 1-3 shots, depending on the sword!

And honestly, there are a number of bosses, including end-game ones, that have certain phases that are easier to get close to than others, or even nearly outright require you to be close so you don’t get killed.

if im on an unmaxed or slow knight in glands and theres a sorc and a huntress there with me i will barely be able to get any xp/fame because of their range and piercing. same goes for the minions in oryx castle and probably a lot more places. they will kill everything before i get to hit any shots and I wont get any fame or anything. on a knight ppe i did earlier today the time it me took to get to 500 fame has almost been doubled compared to before the update

I haven’t tested this extensively yet, but it seems that the old proximity rule still applies in dungeons. Try leeching on a key pop server and you’ll still level up quickly in the right dungeons.