Patch Notes 27.7.X3 - discussion

Dear community,
Now that MotMG is over, alot of the work we are doing is behind the scenes and will take a bit longer to develop. We are still making sure there is time taken to fix bugs. We are also still taking steps forward in fixing some of the long standing issues of the game AND developing our capacity to develop new content. We’ll be talking about our first month plus of RotMG in a developer letter soon.
Please find our latest patch notes below.
** Fixed Star Filter for private messages when players were in different locations
** Friend requests are now sorted by the most recent on top to the oldest
** Changed maximum number of friend requests shown to 10
** Friend list loading performance improved.
** Issues with friend requests from unnamed players fixed
** Updated several sprites submitted by the user Phophull (Note: The new 8x8 sprites based off of 16x16 versions are not yet available in the game. We are still evaluating how to best introduce them in the future).

To see the official post head on over to the Subreddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/506euu/patch_notes_277x3/

Things I know to be affected.

ITEMS: Mystic orb and robe, Entire Oryx set, Swoll Armor and sword, Wizard st robe and ring, Rogue st armor cloak and ring.

SKINS: Sorceress skin, Snowman skin, Nun skin,B.B Wolf skin, Huntsmen skin, Brigand Skin-Made everything get reshaded?

------------------------------------------------------ITEMS--------------------------------------------------------

Bow shot particle New illu New st orb

----------------------------------------------------------SKINS------------------------------------------------------

–Nun went from walking like a normal sprite to this– That is the new walking animation

New Sorceress skin
Ranger skin

--------------------------------------------------Enemies-------------------------------------------------

Feargus has become a lighter colored sprite

That is currently all the sprite changes I know of if you think I missed some let me know and ill try and find them and post it : D.

p.s Not sure if Etherite sprite changed : P

What do u think about the new updates the UTs look diffent and what happened?
Your thoughts on DECA?
Deca's Resprites
Old ST Sprites

It appears entire Pixie and entire Mad God sets have new sprites as well.

I love the new morning star one, not at all a fan of new illumination.

Skins seem to not be on purpose, BBwolf and Snowman at least seem to be pretty messed up.

The Sorceress skin was also remade, and it looks amazing now.

I’m waiting for the wiki to pick up the changes so I can do a compare on the sprites. Not sure that I like the testing group using it’s special access to feed Deca updated art. Nothing against phops but imho Deca should put in the effort to survey art from the broader community and pick which they like best. Or maybe even put it to a vote: “We want to change X sprite to one of these three? Which do you like best?”

The Sorceress one? Cause I can’t see any difference.

I wanted to voice my displeasure on the subreddit but ZXCV has the automoderator automatically removing anything I post. Such a wonderful “forum”.

@Doc I agree. I don’t like how most of these new skins look. The ST Orb looks like a real orb now though…

I just wish they would make real changes

finally a fix for all these bots pming me

Looks like a white bag^

Yeah I like to dye my guys like whitebags

I don’t really understand why so many sprites were changed… Then again I have no artistic sense whatsoever…

I can roll with the newly reskinned reskinned Acclaim, but would rather not touch any of the other ones.

EDIT: Especially that recolored Dscale… Ugh…

Thanks! Instead of having all the reskins scattered throughout the thread, could you just merge them into a single post? That’d be great.

I’ll work on it currently on a mobile so it will be a bit

I gotchu.

Sorry I am not a big fan of the formatting choice of my op so I am going to retype it

Fair enough, it’s your post :slight_smile:

If you want I can remove all the img’s I put in as well.

wow dont really like the new looks, the wiz robe, kngith sword/armor/ring and rogue ring looks ok. Everything else looks too “new” and doesnt match the rest of the art style in the game. For some reason my rogue got fcked with the dyes.

the sorceress looks liek a house mom
the snowman doesnt look that bad, i kidna disliked the original, got lots of people pming to buy it.
the bb is meh, havent really seen it yet, but ik that the original i didnt like the dyes much.
the nun looks fat.

This is what it looks like after.

before

went from dark green to light/lawn green

My opinions:

1- I’m happy to not see “Deca rings in stock at xxx.com.”

2, 3, 4, 5- This doesn’t apply to me since I have no friends…

6- In my honest opinion, I felt that all the items pre-update fit perfectly in the game, however now they look nothing alike with the other items and have way too much shading in them, while the oryx set is now too bland. The only one that needed a change at all was the Phylacy orb. Also, the new sword of illumination is terrible looking (also more of a recolor if anything), I guess morning star is okay but I liked the simpler style before hand.

Well that was my 2 cents.

I much prefer the old bow of the morning star sprite than this new one, I like the new projectile though. I could type out everything else I think about this, but it would be almost exactly like what everyone else is saying, so noty.

At least the Sorceress skin finally looks like a Sorceress from behind and not as a Sorcerer.

Comparison with previous sprites:

Alignment of some of the rings still looks a bit dodgy.

Random Stuffy Stuff