Patch X.15.0.0 - The Balance of Magic

(From the notes anyway) they all went from 90 to 30 degrees except Honey which went from 90 to 45.

I guess they wanted to make it more skilful than just spamming space in the vague direction and getting easy ability dmg (errrr Hello, Knights?) especially when they chose to give sceptre a large dmg buff, coulda been OP with basically autoaim. But yeah if I want to aim I’ll just probably be wizard heh.

Yeah I’d like Honey Sceptre to be given slow - fits the theme with Honey Orb already doing slow… logic pls!

Yes, and considering it wouldn’t do much damage, it’s okay to let it drop from angry bee, I guess. Could be made a white bag, though.
The question then is what do with fulmi? Because as is now, it’s too much of a hybrid/cheap compromise of tiered scepter and a supposed (and nice) honey slow thing. Maybe an even stronger/less target scepter? With daze? Something else?

Well, “autoaim”/super large arc, isn’t necessarily a good thing. With not that many targets, you really want to point in the general direction (i.e. small arc) to hit the mobs you actually intend to hit. So an optimal arc is probably in function of the number of targets. The more targets, the larger the arc should be (see honey scepter).
Suppose the fulmi is redesigned to be strong hitter with 2-3 targets tops, the arc should be really narrow then.

It was one of the benefits to be able to aim the wand constantly at your main target far away (I’m thinking Cube God, Rock Dragon scenarios), while spacebar auto-takes care of the minions threatening to stand on you.

Now I’m finding this is worse/more work to do, since the sceptre will not hit anything nearby outside the 30 degrees - so things like the Rock Bats are more threatening if approaching from outside the 30 degree, as either I have to aim away from boss to be able to sceptre them, or I have to manoeuvre so they are more inline with my wand, either option is tougher than before the update. (Although the dps buff probably means taking time aiming off boss and returning, still works out the same as what it used to be, and I’ve just optimised attack strategy for the old style, and need to adjust.)

Daze is a really useful ability and a pity it’s not more readily available. As with most things I’d prefer put in a new class that does dazes of varying length as its primary ability, rather than overload existing 14 with more and more abilities needing a full inventory of swapouts. That said, I would find a daze+slow Fulmi hard to resist. Hell I’d probably sign up for a stunning sceptre haha. They’re magical items you can get away with anything.

Well, right now Pfiffel’s DPS calculator shows that the conducting wand’s DPS is always greater than the Wand of Recompense’s DPS when fighting against one enemy and it almost matches the Wand of the Fallen’s DPS at 0 defense, so there’s that.

Now with the Wand of the Fallen, it’s going to be really hard to make cond feel unique. We have piercing (recomp), we have armor piercing (cwand), we have big damage (fallen), we have gimmicky (bulwark) and we have super long range (st. Abraham’s). We could make it the high ROF, high shot speed wand that even surpasses the fallen’s DPS at lower defenses, but I don’t know how useful that would be.

right now the feeling I’m getting from the condu/fallen relationship is similar to the one the snake skin armor and csilk have: they both do basically the same thing but one is better in every situation. as a result the other one is much easier to obtain.

a similar issue arises with captain’s ring and the forgotten crown, experimental ring and bracer of the guardian, book of geb and tome of purification,

so I guess you can either accept that the conducting wand has become a “poor man’s fallen wand” or try to make every ut perfectly unique. obviously the second option would be better but there just aren’t that many niches to fulfill.

or :smirk: we can turn the cond into a doku.

In range Fallen is ass.

While we’re at this, maybe make Sprite Wand piercing again?

I think what he meant is that both cond and fallen sacrifice piercing and range for damage. It’s just that fallen sacrifices more range for more damage, and if you’re willing to make that sacrifice, you might as well go for the wand with the biggest damage.

Stupid ST’s…

Sorry gotta post this one, I actually laughed at Guill.

What they should really do is add new prompts now and then so it doesn’t get old.

Because as of now, I really only use the free pots function, which by the way, does anyone know what triggers it to not work (not spawn the chest)? I try waiting 10 seconds upon entering and that seems to work better but I can’t prove it.

lmfao
first time visiting https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/guill and i never used him before
i haven’t even been in the ghall since he was introduced xT

i found these funny…

"Craig
He is a nice guy, sometimes it seems like he is really stressed out though."
stressed out doing what? all he does is sit there… can you imagine how bored he is in between the times anyone enters his portal? like, what’s he doing right now? :thinking:

"Wtf
What the Flayer? "
^i’m gonna try to fit this into my rotmg convos/memes

Teaching readers how to use the forums, of course.

@discobot, get me a coffee, intern!

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it