Patch X.20.1 Oryxmas Eve

Thanks deca <3

O shit time to farm out some permafrost lords.

Nice graphic:

Looking forward to the changes, they sound like positive moves.

Kinda will miss the ridiculous full dungeons but if they’re so full they break the game, sounds sensible.

I’m confused about HP scaling. The patch notes show most base HP amounts have decreased. I assume the actual amounts we’ll encounter may increase according to some conditions, such as # of players or something.

Could you clarify what’s going on there? Would it be possible to get some specific details on what those conditions are, or at least some sort of range? Something like “base = 10, max = 100”, for example.

i think it might be in range, although i’m not too sure. we had a 40 person realm and we still killed it in about ~30 seconds and there were only about 20 ppl at sphinx so the scaling may be for the area only.

I believe that’ll be the base amount that a soloer would face, so the reduced numbers mean if you do end up versus one of these encounters solo, it’ll now be less of a chore to kill than it was pre-X.20.1 (reworking some of the previous heavy-handed balancing, such as the Ship in X.15.0.0* receiving just a plain HP increase 42000->66000).

That’s how the HP scaling seems to work at castle guards and parasite den boss anyway.

you might not even need to, thanks to this

@Shatter

oh my god yes

Can someone get a pic of this

Don’t think we can get the keys till the next batch of daily quests

wah wah wah wahhh

How does the grinch work? so is he randomly in some of the lower level dungeons and he will steal ur loot if he isn’t killed in time? Or can he not be killed? Also, does he do damage or do u just kill him and have a chance at getting some of his drops? Lastly, it does not seem like there are any events for any of the easier dungeons like udl, lab etc is that correct?

do /event if you ever need to check

@CandyShi I got a key from a grinch, forgot to take a picture of it sorry owo

Yep, all the bosses and Encounters that use HP scaling can now end up with several times their base HP, depending on the amount of players in the instance.

1. yeah he’s random
  2. you have to kill him fast enough or he’ll just leave and you get 0 (I soloed a lab)

found one
he shoots lots of debuffs

Or they drop from the chests?

Not the way it worked when they did the pumpkin seeds so…probably not?
Unless they make it a guarenteed drop it’d be pretty fucking stupid anyway.

We had a little back-and-forth about sharing the details, partly because we also didn’t for the past changes, hence why it’s missing from the patch notes. It’s also our first big wave of testing it, so values might still change!

Currently all affected Encounters gain a 10% HP bonus per player in the Realm - meaning for example a Sphinx in a full Realm would have (50000 * 0.1 * 85) 425000 HP! As players leave, it will scale back down.
For all affected dungeon bosses (Nightmare Colony, Stone Guardians, Oryx 1, Oryx 2 and Davy Jones) it’s 20% per player.

Enemy Health and Scaling

o shit, 1 mill O2

Can’t wait to see those HP callouts.