Patch X.21.0 Public Faming

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

With this update, we are thrilled to introduce a new Quality of Life feature. Whenever you are in the Nexus or on the Character Selection screen, you can now access a new panel and see the character’s lifetime statistics!

This information has been stored by us forever, but previously players could only see it when their characters died or by using third party tools. It felt like this sort of data should be easier for players to access! Additionally, this panel lists all of the current achievements that grant players bonus Fame upon death, another piece of previously hidden data. Hopefully, this will make the Fame System a little less opaque to you.

This update has given us an opportunity to take a hard look at this current set of Achievements; and we think they could be better. We have not made many changes yet, but are planning to, in a future release, update the Achievements to be less arbitrary and exploitable, and hopefully more fun and engaging. We know that Fame is an important resource to players, and there are many of you who spent hours optimizing how much fame your character would earn - eventually making it to the Leaderboards.

Stay tuned for some more in the next updates and in the meantime, share with us your feedback on that new feature, how it can be improved and continue sharing with us ideas of changes you would wish for the Bonus Fame Achievements.

End of Oryxmas Events

The Oryxmas celebrations have come to an end.

• The Permafrost Lord no longer spawns in the Realms.
  • Encounters and quests now have their normal sprites back.
  • Reskinned abilities and other items no longer drop from Events.
  • Tokens (Ice Shards, Primal Ice, Ornaments and Bells) no longer drop from Encounters and quests.
  • Tokens can still be used to claim rewards if you have a full stack.
  • Reindeer companions no longer grant buffs when activated but can still be summoned.
  • Santa’s Workshop can still be accessed if you use a key, tokens still drop from Santa’s Workshop.
  • Event Quests will remain available for an extra week, allowing you to turn in your Primal Ice for weapons as well as Ice Shards for Primal Ice and SW keys (until 01-15-18).

New Feature: Statistics Panel

You can now access a new Statistics panel in-game by either clicking on the Fame icon (Character selection screen) or on the (i) button next to fame on the GUI.

The panel displays information on your current character’s performance:

• Statistics (number of shots, abilities used, gods killed, etc.)
  • Fame bonuses (status locked/unlocked, fame gain from each bonus, etc.)
  • Total Fame on Death

The statistics displayed in the panel are updated each time you enter the Nexus or go back to the Character selection screen.

Character creation date will only apply for new characters created after today and display “Unknown” for older characters. Because it was not functioning correctly, the Legacy Builder achievement has been disabled.

Quality of Life

• Added Shop Button on HUD for direct access from within the Nexus, replacing the old packages button.
  • Added (i) and (+) Button on the Resources to have a direct call to action for the new Fame UI and to Buy Gold.

Fixes

• Fixed player limit issue when attempting to use portals that lead to the Nexus or Realm.
  • Fixed certain dungeons not counting towards the Dungeons Completed counter.

Cosmetics

2018-01-16 Hotfix 21.0.1

• Fixed an issue with the scroll bar being overlapped in the character selection screen
  • Fixed an issue with Base Fame values in the Statistics Panel
  • Removed remaining Oryxmas events and Oryx taunts
  • Removed Oryxmas quests from the Tinkerer
  • Oryx’s Castle remains his Winter Castle and still drops T11 weapon reskins throughout Winter

2018-01-25 Hotfix 21.0.2

• Fixed Beer God player requirement
  • Fixed typo remainders from Oryxmas events

Multiple Characters on Realmeye

Rip all atomizer and jakis hard work

:slight_smile:

Wowee, thanks very much! This looks great, 'specially since I can’t see my stats through muledump.

Definitely very happy that this was fixed :slight_smile:

I think I like this update…

Now , go farm some FAMES !

So…what about the veteran item?

Tysm Deca ur great ^^

the scrollbar is misplaced

winter nexus :thonk:

found a bug, it seems to show 9 more fame than I actually have. Some friends of mine also noticed this

Base fame displays wrongly on new menu

Yep, seems like there might still be errors somewhere. We’ll look into it.

Base fame displays wrongly on new menu

Wait… you actually post to this forum? I thought one of the mods was just x-posting it!

thats more then 1/5 (and like 1/3 since he joined) of the days, pretty good.

######dang that was fast

Well, that’s pretty cool for Deca to care enough to post here.

Just noticed the fame option, and came to see if there was an official update. Thank you!! I look forward to seeing what you do with the achievements/fame bonuses in the future. Very nice QoL update.

@Cutie Holy fakkkk, how long has that character been live? Daang!

Around sept 2016 I believe.

wait when do we get the veteran 2017 item?

Soonᵗᵐ

Good