'Perish Zone' Dungeons Idea

It would not be an exaggeration to say that the kabam-era epic dungeons were some of the laziest content if not the absolute laziest content ever. As half-assed as lod was, at least the bosses were created from scratch. Kabam’s epic dungeons were basically a copy+paste of their normal counterparts with a few extra zeros thrown around.

This idea basically adds 10 more of those, with the only justification appearing to be “it makes getting whites easier”. I don’t see the appeal at all.

Well, in addition to being creative I also had to think about if Deca would even go through with the idea. If it seemed too complicated and ‘fresh’, then it would take way longer to pump out for everyone to try.

It does seem like copy-paste, but damn. At this point I’d rather have that than another dungeon with half-assed cyan bags and the occasional ‘potion’ that isn’t even guaranteed (looking at you Hive…).

These Perish Dungeons would make ‘getting whites easier’ because less derpy loot would be in the pool for RNGesus to choose from. You do have to kill two bosses that drop the same white bags, so the white bag thing is pretty much a given.

Other than that, these dungeons would allow players to focus more on farming specific stat potions and/or desired UT items. It’s safe to say that most of the white bags dropping from most of the listed dungeons aren’t exactly essential to a player’s set. They’re just good to have.

No thanks, Id rather want to know that DECA is at least helping the beginner rotmg community rather than trying to run the game on gasoline fumes.

Perish zone is honestly useless if this is the case. Some of these dungeons have whites that are so common there’s no point of doing a harder version of the boss to get them. Some of the ones you listed don’t even have a white bag.

I don’t understand how the pool for loot would change unless you’re planning to change the original bosses.

Looks like someone here doesn’t know what rng is.

Moved to WIP

I think the idea is for the perish dungeon to drop after you kill Limon. Though, just a tip, Limon doesn’t have a very high chance of dropping wis. The chance is so low, it is considered negligible. So low I don’t even think doing a perish dungeon will give you much of a higher chance of getting it. I prefer to get my wisdom from Septavius, who drops wisdom at a much higher rate (some might say infinitely higher)

I get that the white bags for some dungeons are a bit common, but sometimes FINDING the dungeon several times becomes a chore. If someone wanted to keep going at one specific dungeon, they would be able to.

I do understand that some of the dungeons don’t have white bags. That’s where the community comes in. Item ideas could be pushed into those dungeons as long as they fit some sort of theme. Even bosses WITH white bags could get Perish Dungeon-specific White bags.

Almost all of these bosses have lamesauce Pbag loot such as Tier 6 Armor for Tier 3 abilities. Most would be flushed out, giving players a higher chance at higher tier loot. Some bosses would also start dropping old top armor/weapons.

I… don’t get it. What am I not getting about RNG for this game?

Taking an item out of the drop table doesnt change the drop rate of other items. Take septavius for example. Say he has a 1% chance of dropping a dbow, 2% chance of dropping an st (there are 2), 100% chance of dropping a wis, and 25% chance of dropping some shit gear. Obviously those numbers dont add up to 100%, even excluding wisdom. Subtracting the 25% chance of getting a shit item does not affect the chance of a dbow because its not like a pie chart where you can only get one thing. I bet youve gotten wisdom with yor dbow before. And a low tier item with your dbow. Therefore subtracting the chance of a bad item does not affect the chance of a good item.

This idea just seems way too lazy and similar to epic dungeons. If it doesn’t even have unique loot, then I don’t imagine hardly anyone would risk actually dying on their character for a slightly higher chance to get whites that are already easy to get.

Plus, the name Perish Zone is abysmal and makes me want to cry.

I feel like this should be implemented in an arena like fashion…

oops

It’s confusing to me a little bit. I understand everything you said but I was thinking about this:

If there’s a group of players (where SB isn’t guaranteed for everyone) , what is actually given to the player that was SUPPOSED to get a pinkbag item? Would they simply get nothing or would it go to the next tier of loot?

Well, since this new boss would have a different drop table, the pink bag item wouldn’t have a chance of dropping.
Ill ive you an example to clarify.
Using Septavius as an example again:
What you seem to be implying is that drops are like rolling a die. If you roll 1 you get dbow, if you roll 2 you get wis, if you roll 3 you get pbag item, if you roll 4 you get a cyan bag item, if you roll 5 you get st staff, if you roll 6 you get st robe. Obviously they would be weighted differently, but we’ll leave it as is for the example. You propose that by removing pbags (3) it makes it a 5 sided die and therefore each other item has a higher chance of dropping.
This is not true, however.
The way it really works:
You flip 6 coins, one for each of the items listed above. If you get heads, you get the item and if you get tails you don’t. For the perish dungeon, you remove coin number 3 which determines whether you get a pbag item. You still have a 50/50 chance of getting any of the other five items, the only thing that changes is that you dont have a chance of getting a pbag item.

Hopefully that cleared it up a bit

again, don’t mention pservers by name, hard and fast rule

I have seen this, more heard than seen, this idea on private servers. However, this might be a good idea regardless.
This would have hp scaling right?
Drop rates and other stuff might be hard to add in though\

delet

Why? I will remove this lol but why?

it’s a hard and fast rule. ask doc if you want to know why, but i assume it’s because the attention should be on the main game and not alternate rotmg ripoffs.

Its not really talking about it, just referecing it. Not in a positive or negative light, just acknowleging it’s existence. I don’t see a problem here. I think the rule is more against advertising and discussing pservers. @Doc could you explain what is meant by “no unofficial servers?” (And maybe you should clarify on the original post)

Thanks. It makes sense.

Such servers exist, no denying that. This forum exists for the benefit of the official game community. Our view is unofficial servers are detrimental to the health of the official game and divides the community, both of which we don’t want to happen. Any naming of unofficial servers may lead a reader to look into it further and eventually lead them away from our community, which is something we definitely don’t want to happen.

So we’re fine with discussing these servers, just not naming or linking to them.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.