Pet level cap

My legendary pet’s level cap is 80. I have two rare pets i want to fuse, but their level cap is 70. The wiki states that the level cap for the pet is based on the average of the pets’ first abilities + 20. Does that mean i will get a legendary pet capped at 90 ? And when i will fuse it with the other one capped at 80, it will be rounded at 85, plus 20, making a 105 level cap ? Can someone help me ?

I’ve looked some posts in the forum and it appears that it is only +10 for divine. If so, i’ll get a 95 level cap for divine ? Will it be different than a level 100 cap ? Can i afk in lava with a 95 heal pet ?

Yes, your level cap for Divine will be level 95, as you calculated. Will it make a difference? Quite a bit, the difference between level 95 and level 100 is quite significant – level 95 HP and MP heal is about 72% of level 100 – see here for a detailed breakdown.

Having said that any sort of Divine pet is enough to be OP in most of the game. If Deca introduce the In Combat mechanic they tested a few months back it should reduce the impact of pets somewhat, with the greatest impact on the most OP pets, so making the advantage of level 100 even less significant.

The General Chat Thread

The + numbers depend on the rarity of your pet, for example, rare cap is 70 so when you fuse to legendary, the cap will increase to 90 (+20) and then to 100 for divine (+10).
Now for your fusing situation, make sure BOTH are at level 70 so the legendary stays at that level and gets the correct 90 cap.
And yes, once you fuse your main 80 with the new 90 it will result in a divine pet with a level 95 cap
(85 being your average level and then the +10 cap increase).

Should i go back and ask deca to un- fuse my first legendary pet, sadly destroying it in the process, so i can go ahead and get a 90 capped legendary pet ?

You could try. I have no idea if they will do it, I recall something similar but I think it was fusing in the wrong order and getting it undone. It was also a recent mistake, relative to the fusing, so I don’t know if there’s a limit on how far back they will go, due to policy or practical records in the system.

you most likely won’t be able to do this, I think Deca only does that for people who just accidentally fused and want to fix their mistake, if you’ve had the pet for a decent amount of time Deca probably won’t help.

I have a 93 max divine pet. I had fused my 90 leg pet with a 7x leg pet since i wanted to quit. I later tried to unfuse it, and deca did not unfuse my pet for me.

Given the choice to unfuse your 80 max leg pet, I would advise you to do so. I don’t think that you have the ability to anyways.

Wow, that is actually crazy. I had never seen that spreadsheet before! So my mid-tier legendary pet is about 1/4 as powerful as a maxed divine… That is hard to believe! It already feels so powerful as-is!

The reason is probably economic. It costs a lot in gold, and so in $, to get a pet to maxed divine. They had to make sure there was a big enough difference, between maxed legendary and maxed divine say, for enough people to spend the money on it.

If you could only get pets through play – through grinding for items and fame – it might be different. The power of pets could ramp up much more slowly, but people would still play to max them even if the max HP/MP heal were much lower.

Kabam pet decisions (hid cause deraily)

I think that’s where Kabam went wrong (easy for me to say sat at my computer), since Realm attracts the type of players who do pay for things of no consequence (like skins, pet skins, the purple names), and for things of convenience (like keys and petfood) so IMO I don’t think there was a necessity to make the pets get better and better as they neared level 100.

And the system they set up meant there was actually very little point (IMO) paying for a pet at all, because of allowing fame to be used, though certainly they would have been under pressure not for it to be a pay-only option as players would have abandoned the game in droves had it been that.

Perhaps had Kabam realised fame could be “sold” via keys and done like Deca with monetising the fame-gathering side of the game, they wouldn’t have felt the need to design the pet ability curve like they did. And I still think there was so much more that pets could have been.

To OP I would say, decide what you want your cap to be. If you’re happy with what 95 gives, then fine.
Personally having used a 90/90 pet for years, it’s “enough” for most of the game to be a breeze, noticeably stronger than 80, but feels lacking when it comes to the newer Deca content which is built with Divine pet owners in mind (Bella/Shaitan reworks/Fung/CCav boss, etc).

I wouldn’t continue with the capped pet, but begin a new pet; when you get the new one past 80 switch to it as main, so you will get the benefit of a better pet than now, and you’ll still be feeding it at Legendary prices between 80 and 90 so you can get to 90/90 relatively cheaply, compared to if you fuse and have to be paying Divine feeding prices, and I would heavily begrudge paying Divine feed prices to a below level 90 pet.

Also starting a new pet removes forever the spectre of future doubt “will I regret this later when I hit 95?” haunting your every feeding and gnawing away at you, and replaces with an easier (to me) past doubt of “maybe I could have managed with that capped pet, but we’ll never know”.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.