Pet Peeves

It smells bad, it’s not legal here (yet), and I guess I just dislike it morally too

1. Alright fairenough It stinks
  2. Meh
  3. What morality wut.

I think weed is immoral

That seems nonsensical , but all right. Have a nice day.

You too :heart:

Does this hit home? I’m curious
/off topic
If you don’t want to answer don’t.

Nah im pretty much all for everything camp hates. Just curious the reasoning behind it.

Different strokes for different folks.

yessir.

If there’s hatred it’s not a joke
What you are talking about are not actually jokes

He’s saying if you’re the kind of person that makes such jokes then there is a underlying truth or prejudice to your joke.

Personally i disagree with that but meh theres plenty of people that do use it as a guise.

And then a step further that the people that use it that regard themselves to not have prejudices normalize that behaviour and give cover for those that do (have explicit prejudices).

Well I don’t know he said “Transphobic, homophobic, and racist jokes”, and then he talked about the “hateful” content of such “jokes”, which can’t be called jokes in this case. Here’s the definition of a joke if anyone is wondering:

It’s not supposed to and it’s not offensive or “hateful”

:thinking: Well you can use whatever word in it’s place if you don’t think it fits. The point is that the content is homophobic, transphobic, or racist which I consider hateful. If you don’t think it is then you don’t have to try to misunderstand.

So if I make a racist joke to amuse someone, the content of the joke and I are hateful and racists? Because that’s absolutely false.

I am not misunderstanding anything. You said this kind of jokes annoys you, then said it was said “under a thin veil of irony and plausible deniability” but in this case, this is not a joke (check the definition of the word joke).

You can infact make a joke that agrees with your prejudices, I’m not sure how that no longer makes it a joke, but that also doesn’t mean that I can’t criticize it (which I do). You can also say racist jokes without being racist, but I still think you’re an idiot for doing that, why normalize behaviour you disagree with?

People who have no idea what transphobic and homophobic mean, so they throw them out to describe anyone who disagrees with homosexuality or intentionally being transgender

A joke is, by definition, causing amusement and not intended to hurt anyone, if its not the case then it’s not a joke

You can, and I’m responding to your reasoning that is irrational

How having humour on numerous topics (including those who you cited) is being an idiot? It just means being open-minded and not offended by jokes that aren’t meant to offend people.
I’m not normalizing, I’m telling you that your reasoning behind calling people “idiots” is irrational

why do people juul

you birgin

When you tubers don’t post anymore when they had good videos.
/s