PG&E Shutdown

They originally had it at 12, but later decided to move it to 8 pm tonight.

im a retard. Anyway, can’t PGE just do the shutdowns when we’re all sleeping?

They decided to do a shutdown because they didn’t want to update all their powerlines/safety devices etc so they instead did a shutdown at the last minute out of pure laziness so that they won’t cause a wildfire this week since it is so windy.

friggin stupid PGE aren’t monopolies illegal in USA?

Yeah they had the money given to them, but they just gave it to their investors or whatever. PGE is just stupid for not fixing these things.

Lol, no. The US is far more accepting of monopolies than most of the developed world. Here in the UK e.g. we have a competitive electricity market.

PG&E were never going to let a fire like the Camp Fire happen again. So when the weather conditions are right for another fire (high winds to blow things onto the power lines, dry conditions for stuff to burn readily) they have no choice but to turn off the power in affected areas. That’s been clear since the Camp Fire, giving people plenty of time to prepare for the inevitable power cuts.

In theory they should deal with it by removing the danger. Burying the cables for example, as they should have done from the start. But someone would have to pay for this. Not PG&E which is bankrupt. No other firm will take responsibility for it. It needs to be paid for through bills, or through taxes, or both.

DECA won’t do anything. Only natural. Nothing new. We all have to suck it up and deal with it.

The shutdowns won’t be continuous so we can still collect our daily rewards.

I live in CA and honestly don’t think I’ve received the power outages. But yeah, you can usually find time even with them.

same, for our county it was supposed to shut down at 8 pm but here i am

Sorry my bad only on ios come to https://www.puffin.com/ios/puffin-web-browser/termination.php for the full info

I am.

Still have power…

As some people said:
“Do I have to turn off my own power?”

LOL

apparently the small place I live won’t receive the power outages because there’s no trees. Ha suck it nerds.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.