Ping checker for ROTMG servers

Hello guys, i am not sure if this belongs here or not, but i wanted to share a simple tool i wrote myself using c# (.Net Framework). The name should tell you alot about it’s functionality (ROTMG Ping Checker).

What does it do?

• It get’s the IPs of all servers at runtime and pings each of it.
    Also it has a llama hidden in it waiting to be detected. :smile:

Why is this helpfull?

• You get a list with your ping times to the server means you can simply choose the best one for your current
    needs and avoid getting killed due to laggs.

Is this a virus of some kind?

• I can guarantee you it is not (but everyone would say that, anyway haha), so i made this open-source and
    uploaded the source code to github.
    Github Repository

What does the tool look like?

Where can i download this tool?

• You cant anymore (Deca does not want me to publish it).

Do you have any proof this is not a virus?

• First, it is open-source, look in the code and compile it yourself if you wish.
    Second, i did run online AV Checks, results here:
    Virustotal
    virusscan.jotti

I hope you like my release here, i know the UI loads not quite clean (fast, but piece by piece) but i guess that is no big deal and could be easily fixed, didn’t find that time to do that, yet. :sweat_smile:

r/RotMG - [Request] Server Load & ping checker
Latency of servers
Exalt Account Manager

Wow this is neat, nice job!

Thanks mate

WOW!!! This is an amazing tool that I’m sure a lot of people are going to use when playing RotMG! Good job if it works and hasn’t been debunked above me. I think the next step is maybe checking (a.) default servers automatically and (b.) having a sidebar that updates to what server you are connected from (not sure if that’s possible) that one can easily view while playing.

Posted by an account made 1 day ago

:thinking:

Sounds like a third party app which is against ToS.

@op in case truly is against tos, you should contact deca. They can partner with you, just like wildshadow once did with Realmeye. One case where this was not done was with a trading site, but the owner of rotmg at the time said that if the website had reached out to them they would not have forced it to shut down

Gonna let this one through it’s not hacking or cheating.

If we allow Muledump we can allow this.

Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification.

@op was not trying to rain on your parade, nice job and sorry for any grief.

@Novachiz I am not sure tho, since it does not interfere with rotmg in any way, i just Ping theire servers, no Login or anything Requierd. But i could reach out to them, sure.

@Starwartwo Thanks for the appreciation. But i am have to let you down on the request tho, this tool does not interfere with rotmg in any Kind on purpose. All ist does is getting the Server Infos (IP, Name etc) at runtime and ping the servers. To Check the default/current used Server i would have to inject code into the Running rotmg-session, wich is not what i want at all (Also would Maybe called a hack or such).

@Niegil well tbh i just made a new Account just for this as i was not sure if i would Risk my „Main“ Account tho.

FYI i just mailed them, just in case. :wink:

Update: i got no answer as of now, but will keep you updated if something changes.

Got an answer from there ticket system: i am in queue and someone of the deca-team is going to get in touch with me as soon as he has time.

Good luck!

So i am here with sad news for this tool.
The Deca-Support answered me (deleted the name of the Deca support member):

Hello Maik,

Thank you for contacting us.

We’ve discussed your tool with our developers and are sorry to inform you that we cannot allow its use due to potential consequences outside of what is expected of it.

We have, however, taken your idea into consideration for implementation in our Unity client. It would be a nice feature to have, so we greatly appreciate your feedback.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

I am going to take the download links out of this post as I respect theire decision. However the source code will still be available in the github, as I think who ever is able to compile it, could have done that tool himself.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.