Plasmomancer

Introducting a new wand class: The Plasmomancer!

The Plasmomancer uses his powers to lay trails of slime for enemies to tread in.

LORE:

The arts of controlling energy and life have been overdone. This wizard wanted to be different, harness a new power. So, looking to the power of the Slurp and its slimy plasma, the Plasmomancer can use a small vial of slime and use it to summon trails and piles for his foes to fall into.

Stats

Base Gain/Level Average Max
HP 100 20-30 575 670
MP 100 5-15 290 385
ATT 12 1-2 40 65
DEF 0 0 0 25
SPD 12 1-2 40 75
DEX 12 0-2 31 60
VIT 12 0-1 21 50
WIS 12 1-2 40 70

Wand
Vial
Robe

Ability

The Plasmomancer uses a small vial of slime to replocate and leave a trail behind while running. Piles will deal damages to enemies treading over it. Slime stacks up and subdues (behavior mimics the Yellow Slime Trail) It works like the ninja, holding shift causes you to drip slime.

Cube Slime
"Slime from the cubes found at the beach. Don’t worry, you’re still their friend."

Tier: Starter
While Key Held:
MP Cost: 20 MP/sec
Effect: Spawn Slime Trail every 0.33 seconds
Duration: 5 seconds
Damage: 10
Feed Power: 5

Treeslug Slime
"Found on the trees in the forests. It keeps treeslugs stuck tight to discourage predators.

Tier: 1
While Key Held:
Damage: 20
Feed Power: 10

Soul Dew
"Slime found in the shambles of skeletons and zombies, quite potent when applied externally.

Tier: 2
While Key Held:
Damage: 30
Feed Power: 20

Shambling Sludge
"Very toxic slime that feels like its trying to break out of the bottle."

Tier: 3
While Key Held:
Duration: 6 seconds
Damage: 50
Fame Bonus: 1%
Feed Power: 45

Urgle Slime
"Strage slime oozes from the holes of an Urgle. One wouldn’t think to touch it, so its perfect!"

Tier: 4
While Key Held:
Duration: 6 seconds
Damage: 75
Fame Bonus 2%
Feed Power: 90

Toxic Slime
"The very slime that molds the being of gods, and very toxic to the mortals below them.

Tier: 5
While Key Held:
Duration: 7 seconds
Damage: 90
Fame Bonus 3%
Feed Power: 185

Toxic Bile
"The byproduct of centuries old booze. The bottle is forged with Elvenglass to keep it from corroding."

Tier: 6
While Key Held:
Duration: 7 seconds
Damage: 100
Stat Bonus: +2 VIT, +2 WIS
Fame Bonus 4%
Feed Power: 380

Vampire’s Blood
"Blood used to help resurrect Lord Ruthven. One could say it sucks, but not in the way you think.
Drops from: Lord Ruthven

Tier: UT
While Key Held:
MP Cost: 30 MP/sec
Damage: 10
Heals: 10 in a radius of 2 sqrs
Ignores Armor
Fame Bonus 5%
Feed Power: 700

Gahhh!

The slime sprites look like xp boosters. I would change. Interesting idea though

I wasn’t bothered to fix it after uploading, as I wanted to get this on paper asap

reminds me of singed

WOW, probably the cleanest character design and best concept :smiley:

I like the ability, though I doubt that it can be useful on stationary bosses. I’ve always been a sucker for stationary projectile types.I do have several questions.

One, the Bloody Vial (May I suggest the Vampire’s Blood?) How does the heal work? On spawn heals 10 in 2 sqr radius? Every second?

Two, Why wand? This ability seems to be suited to things which would go closer, especially to aggro enemies.

Three, what’s with the speed of a dagger class? I mean, I get that you want to spread your slimes, but you don’t necessarily need THAT high of a speed, especially since it doesn’t affect the spawn rate, right?

-The heal works sort of like a necromancer’s skull. Stepping in the blood causes damage and sends healing back.

-Knowing this ability is best for close encounters, being a magic class, its either a wand or staff, and we’ve got plenty of staff classes in the game. Also, wands help when enemies behind are following along, say while rushing, can clear things out in a distance while piercing. Its mostly just for quota reasons but I’m open to reconsideration

-Gotta go fast. But really, its just for utilizing its ability more often. If you get everything to chase you, you’ll want a lot of speed. I was considering giving it speedy but base 40 speed but than it would be a ninja clone.

The real “point” of this class is to be something that can safely lead a group in a chase with enemies and bosses. He can also set up slime “traps” for enemies to wade in by standing still. I’ll probably consider buffing the damage of slime or adding a status.

Cool concept, but why is the UT the only one that actually does something apart from damage?

Considering you use slime to damage enemies… add debuffs to the later tiers. Probably shouldn’t be slowed or even paralyzed since that wold ruin the whole “lead enemies and hit them with wand while the tread through the slime” aspect.

Maybe dazed for like 0.5-1 second so the are dazed while they stay in the slime but will get rid of it as soon as they leave it (it shouldn’t feel too much like a QoT archer who can safely snipe his foe after all).

Also, all your vials say “While Key Held: MP Cost: […] MP/sec” but then also “Duration: […] seconds”. Does it last a specific amount of time now or is it like the ninja’s star?

When the slime drops, it has a lifetime of existing. It’ll spawn a blob every 0.33 seconds, and that blob will exist for about 5 seconds (duration)

Really, If we go by the design of the class, dagger or swords seem to make most sense, even if it violates the quota. Quota for medium speed, just about enough to aggro and especially access to that blistering 75 speed, or swords for being even closer, but tanky enough to take the risk of being close.

If anything, I was thinking this could be an Assassin rework, though it changes so much of the class it would be better of as a new class.

Not really? If what you’re going to do is kiting, a right amount of speed is usually perfect. You don’t want to go too fast that you run out of aggro range, especially when trying to run away. However, I do see that high speed could be used to circle enemies, causing harm whenever they try to move.

It’ll lead the group in a runaway, alright. Fights which has moving enemies would be a field day with this class, but it kinda dies in usefulness against fights like the bridge guardian, the avatar, forgotten king, etc. It would have a field day in the Nest, with all the chasing enemies.

I do think that slow would be beneficial, especially because you can create a wall of status effect which slows enemies down in their tracks to you, but still moving enough to eat more slime puddles. Only problem I have is that slow is already quite common with archers and huntresses and fulmi and sweet demise. Not that it’s a problem, though. It just seems quite natural for the ability, no?

-Yeah, I had an inkling of MAYBE making it a new dagger class, but I figure that if to any all new classes to be included, it’d be some more off-meta classes. I was only really thinking about the power creep this game is going into (everything being invincible and hopping at blinding speeds onto crowds) into being a dual styled class.

-Giving more than needed wouldn’t be so bad of an issue, though. Priest was given 60 just to give him a “buff” only to make the T6 tome give speedy. But if it seems to be an issue on the effectiveness of dragging, perhaps some of DECA’s minus speed rings can come into play.

-Slow on the slime was on the first build of this character, but it felt defeatist of the fact its dragging along, aswell as having 5 classes already able to do it. Maybe Sick can finally take its roll?

Perhaps so for speed. I’d certainly prefer a lower cap, as it helps with dodging (and I can’t stand unmaxed stats, but that’s my problem) but I do want you to reconsider. Classes like the knight are very slow when compared to something like the rogue, and the warrior is kinda slow unless under speedy. Their speed also reflects the intended playstyle. Dagger classes are fast to aid their dodging as they have way less defense than heavy armor classes. I think this class wouldn’t need one, but that’s the Plasmomancer of my vision. It definitely differs from yours.

Another reason why I thought giving it less speed. 5 classes can inflict it, yeah, but 3 of them are from UTs, so I think it’s fine-ish. Slow is among the more common status effects to be inflicted. How would sick work on enemies?

Sick would work same as on players, they can’t heal. For a mainstream example, if a tomb isn’t going so well in your favor, you can keep Bes from overhealing by keeping him sick. Or help out on the Marble Collosus/Stone Guardians.

I feel that the trail should also slow the enemies.

I think it’s cool, but I don’t like that you need to make enemies chase you to do damage with it.

The healing part seems kinda weird. Are you saying if you stand still, you can potentially piss out a 500hp heal?

Does the Slime apply to you even though you’re moving…???

Where’s the lore about how cubes poo slime by the way? They seem to just float over Lava so I don’t think they actually melt.

Once again, I think this idea is cool man. It’s creative and a good read for sure. Just need to clarify a few things… for me at least :slight_smile:

If you don’t mind enemies sitting on you at the same time, sure?

I wish this were a katana class, I’d love to play this with void blade

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.