Player Events

Upon seeing this thread about how some people think the game gets stale, I was reminded of prior events put on by devs that didn’t involve gathering marks or spamming dungeons etc. Do any of you remember the synchronized swimming and light up the realm contests? They didn’t involve traditional gameplay of Realm but instead encouraged creativity and teamwork. I think that bringing back events / contests in this manner could be a lot of fun. Inter-guild contests could include speed-runs, creative boss kills, dance-off’s, and more. While these types of things are done sometimes (like the creative instance of a wedding in pchambers), having them supported with things like cosmetic or vanity items from devs could give an additional reason for people to log in and have fun as well as gain notoriety for their guild.

yeah but like those take thought. The big issue right now is that DECA is trying to switch off Flash but doing so costs money. While working on that, they want to make it look like they’re doing something, so… the events. Additionally, the events are a nice way to make quick money which could help them out.

The older events took thought a lot of thought and right now DECA likely just doesn’t have time for it. But maybe afterwards, they could restart those cause those were fun :smiley:

Very true that they take thought. The upside, however, is that they don’t necessarily require coding anything into the game e.g. adding an event chest, mob, event tab in tinkerer, etc. They could even crowd-source the ideas themselves from reddit or here and the end result is community interaction and media content creation with very little energy and time invested. It would have to depend on implementation, but I believe the basic idea to be sound.

All that is needed for the events to actually have participation is some sort of reward (vanity or otherwise) and perhaps a shout-out or something similar just for street cred.

Yeah, now that I think about it, they could easily just crowd source it from reddit and perhaps crowd source the reward too :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.