portal to the godlands instead of tping to a player

So I had an idea where theres a portal to the godlands you can use thats around spawn. S

What if there were towers around the realm that you could activate and people could teleport to them freely? Heck, they could even be buildings where NPCs appear.

A. Exploration is rendered even more useless
B. Portals would look ugly on a beach
C. Why in the world would Oryx keep portals that’d help the players travel, when he already can abuse Craig to create interdimensional portals (the dungeons minions are dropping) anywhere? The lifetime of the dungeon portals is probably due to Craig/Oryx noticing the players abusing the portal system. Same goes for bags.

I remember playing a couple pservers back in the day that had /glands. Just took you to a place on the outskirts of the godlands. This would be really nice for small realms late a night. It’s a pain to have to hop around servers and then have to wait for tp cooldown (or already be maxed in speed on trick/ninja).

Sure. But I would love to see /glands. Treat it like a teleport. Same cooldown+ invulnerability.

It already is. If I’m jetting to the godlands after changing servers or in my home server when it’s dead, I’m not stopping to look at the map layout or stop in a forbidden jungle. Honestly if I’m in the realm, I’m collecting marks for daily quests (which I want to be in the godlands for), doing a few dungeons to finish maxing (which I want to be in the godlands for), or closing a realm (which means I’m probably not teleporting much anyway and have resigned myself to doing a lot of running).
Only relevant argument against this would be the potential for event trackers or whatever.

Idk man, I don’t exactly appreciate the same scenery the 48th time I had to run back to the godlands

that kind reminds me of Trove mechanics in worlds

Exploration, like finding glands. I still get a kick out of finding a para entrance or withered graveyard. Finding Glands in a fresh realm is pretty satisfying.

I believe this is where the difference in opinion comes in. the maps for all the realms have been public info for years. like actually over a decade now i think? and a its not uncommon to find pictures of these maps with all the available structure/quest spawn points, around 60? or so per realm typically.

You are still FINDING godlands. as if you dont know where it is at any given moment.

For some other players, we have known where godlands is on any given map type for 5 years. and would just like to get on with playing the relevant content for our characters at the time.

Making content easier because veteran players already circumvented the problem for years doesn’t mean the content should be removed.
For example, should the marble defender be revealed on the map because people already know how to map read the lost halls? No, having a harder time with the map compared with other dungeons is the point of lost halls.
How about giving wizard auto perfect spell bomb because some players already know the hitbox of the enemy, as well as which pixels to put the cursor on? No, spells have high damage because not all shots hit most of the time.
Maybe if everyone knows how to map read, similar to how most people know about the hp/mp inventory bug back then, then you could implement a system to teleport you. But giving everyone the privilege of learning a skill (not a bug) that people have already developed is not only lazy game design, but also shortens the gap between optimization and casual play.

I don’t think knowing godlands is generally in the center of the map is anywhere near akin to the knowledge/skill of your examples :sweat_smile:. That’s something you pick up on the first day lmao. And I don’t think the suggestion is to have every godlands be accessible (realms often have 2-3) or the whole map revealed (that level of mapreading is doable with a little exploration but does require game knowledge).
I feel like your argument is akin to saying they shouldn’t have introduced player opacity because it “makes the game too easy”. Sure, if you want a challenge you can do big exaltation dungeons with 100% opacity (or never teleport to godlands and always run), but “narrowing the gap” isn’t necessarily a bad thing. And mid-level players would probably be the biggest benefactors. Most high-end players don’t spend much time in realms in the godlands.

I was talking about the post below in terms of godland map reading skill.

My examples, like spell bombing, can be the same in simplicity, like you should generally aim at the center of the enemy, or that marble defender is generally a few rooms away form you, which everyone knows.

Gland teleporters isn’t as similar to opacity like lost hall reading.
Opacity helps flesh out dodging probably one of the first time in realm raiding history, as you’re encouraged to dodge in bosses like mbc instead of group healing. It adds content to the game.

What do teleporters to gland do? Skip out on older content in favor of saving time. Sure that might be good, but consider lost halls.

If not for the fame and sts, people would definitely shorten the tedious run through the dungeon in favor of getting to either sub-boss, to save time on their clovers. Do they care about killing another crusade or oryx group, or the feeling of going through endless halls? No, not really. However, they need to do it to anyways.

You’re pretty much filling the entire gap, and partially burying content that isn’t relevant, but is still content. Default teleporters in realms is a step closer of remaking dungeons into boss only. (Or maybe we just need a realm reconstruction instead)

Even though I’m criticizing teleporting a lot, I don’t really hate it, as player teleportation is a thing. But completely skipping content is still a bad thing imo.

Perhaps OP created this post a as a way to complain about a problem. Well, the only time where you would need teleporters is when soloing a realm. It’s probably annoying when having to run to godlands every time you complete a dungeon. Instead of permanent portals that tp you to godlands, maybe based on dungeon difficulty, you could exit into a area of similar difficulty (i.e midland dungeons to midlands, godland/event dungeons to godlands). That way nexusing would still be punishing in solo play, but you only have to repeat the trek to godlands once.

How do you feel about keys? At the end of the day, this would mostly make it easier to pop into realms and do a couple godlands dungeons between raids, regardless of server pop (discords often pop in dead servers to avoid crashers). :sweat_smile: On the other end of the spectrum, if you like to do solo ppe’s and don’t want others nabbing your pots, this would be great for that.

This would at least work for that second extreme.

Realms are just not well scaled in difficulty for where most of the player base is right now, so you really don’t skip any content by teleporting to players in godlands (or having a tool that lets you do so w/out players). I agree with you in principle! Keys maybe shouldn’t be a thing and the game should have more of a natural flow and progression, but that’s just not where the game is right now. And rather than fight that, why not embrace it? :slightly_smiling_face:

I think a better way is to have a beacon where it would locate @.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.