Post your unpopular opinions about realm here

Sure, if someone’s like “hey man can you press space bar” I will, but my problem lies with people who say stuff like “HP! NOW” or “Stupid priests do your job!”

This was me saying “wait a minute, no one has ever liked Kabam’s design, either”. That second part was saying that yes, pets are pretty bad, but w/o them (OR SOME EQUAL WAY TO MONETIZE THE GAME) realm would be dead rn. Weren’t you here for this? your profile age says you were. Weren’t you paying attention?

Actually, I guess it kinda was bad to say that people “didn’t particularly hate kabam’s [game design]” because shatters was an incredibly rushed dungeon, puppet had horrible amounts of HP (both the minions and the boss itself - took like 5 minutes to solo, even on a warr), and third boss in cemetary will pretty much either outright kill you or do like, 30 damage.

Thanks for not taking my statement out of context or anything.

From experience, back when I had a level 15ish heal pet, I had trouble clearing out a hive as a level 15. Bees sting too hard and the revival mechanic was kind of unfair. Also in boss the maggots get overwhelming after a while and in normal rooms they can get away easily and evolve too easily.

First of all, forget [OB] Reddit.

Second of all, I legit have no idea what the guy is trying to say. I don’t know how to make anything coherent out of his posts.

“You don’t actually dislike the game design, it’s all the pets’ fault”

“Actually the game design is bad and pets saved RotMG”

It’s like he’s having a debate with himself.

They never said pets weren’t the problem or that they saved rotmg. They said that they monetized the game, which is essential to keep a game going because these things have costs.

Game is too easy and people only die to bullshit reasons like lag. Make it so dungeons are hard and you can’t nexus during them (but also design a way to prevent people from leeching). Maybe make this a togglable feature and you get better loot for enabling it

It’s not that I don’t understand his arguments separately, it’s that I don’t get how they all congeal into something coherent.

Which is why, again, I’m probably going to abandon this discussion before it completely derails the thread.

Alright!

My unpopular opinion is that things should be nerfed instead of buffed, with the exception of pets.

Why exclude pets from the list? Pets for sure need nerfing in one way or another. Pets break the game more than slightly unbalanced items.

Pets I leave in a ??? zone because, well, people did pay massive $$$ for them and tbh I don’t want to start the pet debate here

I paid $$$ for mine, and I don’t understand why people would rather have this game be braindead than actually have it be balanced

I think that people should play with the set they feel is most visually appealing, regardless of functionality.

but by the same argument, doesn’t cdirk outdamage etherite?

I have a powerful pet too and think it needs a nerf. However, I think the bigger issue is that so many people are allowed in a dungeon that most of them can be easily steamrolled

You certainly bring up a good point; you can’t deal damage if you can’t hit the enemy. Hence, increasing your def stat can at times be more beneficial than increasing your atk when it comes to dealing damage, simply because you can get closer to the enemy and stay there for longer periods. Perhaps we should talk about potential dps when referring to weapons for this reason.

Attach an asterisk here, because you may think the Kendo Stick is the Speedwagon of this game but it really won’t get you anywhere

Though if you’re maxed and always playing in a group (never left to solo things), a kendo stick I think will hit soulbound in the current game so if you really do love its sprite or mythological RNG whatever, there’s probably nothing stopping you using it.

Deca should take legal action against Pservers once the unity port is finished (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

Aren’t pservers going to die anyway with the death of flash?

Maybe? it’s possible they could also port to unity or some other engine. but either way, Deca is gunna have to give Pserver owners a wake up call. Because imo most pservers take assets and code from prod, so technically it is illegal for them to host them especially for monetary gain (whether it’s using the money to continue hosting or otherwise).

that’s just my speculation…