Priest set question

Until Lab Robe gets a rework, don’t consider using it.
I wouldn’t recommend Soulless due to your already high survivability as Priest, so GSorc and Water Silk remain.
Between these, it’s a matter of playstyle: more aggressive, or more balanced?

As for Pyra or Nile, go with Sphinx whereas Pyra is a great ring for a slightly more defensive playstyle, Nile allows for a slightly faster-paced one. Again: preference! If you aren’t sure, just test them out, and see what works well for you.

good looks. Im going to give nile a try with the water robe. I have been using soulless and pyra thus far.

What boss are you getting 0 on

oryx, events, shatters chests, etc.

i use cwand for high def enemies always

honestly i dont like carrying swapouts.

But

• recomp
  • maybe cwand if do bosses and want to actually contribute and be a good person. Or if doing something like tomb that u dont want to pierce
  • prot and puri depending on what you are doing. if glands farming u can have prot. If doing something like lh or the newer dungeons puri is god
  • t6 and or t5. depends on useful and often you feel they are. I usually just carry one.

robe: best is honestly geb robe on priest. wis, def, hp, mp. but souless is good. it really depends on your playing style. I dont really care about mp and atk that much so i dont use teired. mab robe is just bad.

I prefer tankyness so i chose deca (or crown if i have it). pyra is good.

how do you get 0 on chests? its like 500 sb dmg? you are probably lagging out or missing. i recommend recomp on oryx and events since usually its harder to get dmg on cluttered spaces. And you dont really need a lot of dmg done to get sb dmg done.

although i feel the current oryx sb dmg is a bit higher maybe? but events shouldnt need more than 1200 ish. i can tp and last minutes and get like 3-4 shots of before it dies and get loot. And its not like they drop marks so you dont know if u got sb dmg.

Thought it was ~10% ?

actually funny that you say that, i was gonna make a small proof video on it being on a set amount rather than percentage.

But chest is like 500dmg, because if i have like 50 people in a shaitan (actually happens) and then we all shoot the chest. I was playing necro a bit, so my dps was a bit on the lower side. if we all the did the same # of dmg. Then i would’ve done 2%. Probably did more like 1.5% this is also not including dmg done by electric pets. This is also why their is hp scaling on chests rather than all of them being the same hp.

Deca hp scaled everything in one of the recent updates: Enemy Health and Scaling

Sb threshold is calculated as a percentage of the boss’ base hp; that is if Oryx has 100 base hp, threshold is 0.1, then you only have to deal 10 damage to qualify. Doesn’t matter if there are 85 players that hp scale Oryx to 2500 hp, you still only need to deal 10 damage to qualify.

The implication is that it’s almost guaranteed that you reach soulbound, since the scenarios where priests previously had a hard time reaching sb threshold now last much longer, giving priests tons of time to achieve the old dmg threshold.

I would go for a t14 robe or geb robe if you can get your hands on one. uhm for rings i used a nile cuz i didn’t have anything else but get a ring that’s somewhat balanced and i would say you’re set.

moved into Q&A subsection

I absolutely love the class, that being said…
I can’t give you the best load out; I can just share what I prefer to carry on my own.
screenshotcapture

Chausable number 1

Well if this is the case I dont know why i am getting 0, but i’ll give priest another chance with my current set and see how it goes

Try this setup (I actually have a lot of experience on it):

Weapon: Cwand + Recomp (you’ll never need the 10 range… well… almost never)

Ability: Prot (main), Puri (other main/every situation Prot is bad in), T6 (speedy/quick heals – you’ll be stationary for the most part when you need spam heals… so speedy won’t interfere… and it’s only 5 mana more… which is nothing for you, given your pet)

Seeing your pet is fairly good for MP heal… you don’t need the T5 tome. You can just rely on Prot/Puri for most heals. (And Prot makes you take less damage for a while after too!)

Robe: Use Watersilk: You’re able to perma-prot and your healing makes your def not that big a deal. So trade some of that def for offensive stats.

Ring: Pyra/Bracer/Another offensive+defensive ring.

You’re already ranged, so you won’t be hit too much in the first place. With your Prot and your pet, you should be fine with a lower def. The rest is just making you more able to solo-priest (make clearing and things faster).

That’s not true, actually. The threshold is based on the damage record’s total, meaning all damage dealt to the enemy. This means it includes hp gained from heals and scaling, plus a small amount of discrepancy due to the possibility to deal more damage than the enemy has hp.

That said the thresholds should be low enough now to not be an issue even with hp scaling.

Is loot purely RNG?

Thanks for clarifying. Not sure if I should feel special or embarrassed that Krathan called me out on spreading false info haha, regardless I’m happy I know how it actually works now!

@Scorchmist fake news

Oh my gosh I want soundbound item, I’ve never heard of those!

???

what fake news?

but such it uni i was right that it was not a percentage.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.