Producers Letter: Updates on the Game

x-post from https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/bmiv2y/producers_letter_updates_on_the_game_patch_x3170/

For the patch notes posted on the same Reddit post, see: Patch X.31.7.0 [The Cursed Library] Notes.

Patch X.31.7.0 [The Cursed Library] Notes
Guide: Fame Bonuses for your everyday Character
Will daily login rewards keep getting worse every passing month?

Besides that, I think this is a pretty alright Producer’s Letter. Would have been great to have it earlier, but it’s pretty meh.

A producer’s letter image

Hell yes! More info on what they’re working on!

Very interesting to see them work on the new effect chance mechanic. It may result in some fun UTs (see: old Blade of the Colossus + Lodestone combo, where you had a 1/1000 chance of shooting a large shotgun. Or, was that something else…?), and probably some borderline OP ones as well.

Nevertheless, exciting stuff! 0u0

Wait, no Beework?

Sounds a lot like the League system from Path of Exile.

That sounds very interesting, yet I can’t help but wonder what kind of bugs this will unleash.

Completely forgot the Arena angle. Heroic dungeons suddenly make a lot more sense.

Overall an interesting post.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Patch X.31.7.0 [The Cursed Library] Notes

I’ve split the patch notes off onto their own topic so we can have discussion about the Producer’s Letter/the future of the game here, and talk about the patch update on the other topic.

RIP me gonna be in the land of the great firewall from June to August

I also just remembered…

Sword nerf, anyone? ÔuÔ

no please
o
p
l
e s a e l p
a
s
e

Hopefully just a damage nerf

We really need a dagger buff

Does seem like they planned to buff Daggers.
Hopefully they also buff the lower-tiered ones, since those are the ones that really make a difference at the moment for newer players.
They’re just so weak!

This is good so it won’t overlap the beginning of school.

What is “procs” short for?

Otherwise, an interesting letter, keep it up.

literally the info box when you google it

Why…
Would…
You…
Nerf…
A…
Melee Weapon…
For Doing…
More damage…
Than a safe…
easy to use…
RANGED WEAPON?!?!

Because swords deal too much dps even with bad range

Swords are pretty overpowered right now. They’re not going to lower the damage to be equal with or less than their ranged counterparts, but right now swords do a stupid amount of damage, even when you take the shorter range into account.

I’ll just point to this post by Xaklor, which should hopefully help you understand why Swords should deal less damage. Or why melees should be nerfed in some way, at least.

Fact is all of y’all, including zaklor have non-melee profile pics. Literally would be a-ok with what is being said, but it really seems like no one here is a melee main, and is jealous of a class that they can play if they want. Back when I ran 6/8 melees there were times when I should’ve gotten my damage in but didn’t, not just because I’m a melee(although I didn’t have pixie sword) and literally being the punching bag for others and not getting damage in led me to stop playing melee