Projectile preview generator

#RotMG projectile preview generator

While reading @Xaklor’s The Stone Caves of Nores 2, I thought about how tedious it would be to create Realmeye wiki-style previews for shots, such as this one:
White Bolt
and winced at the thought of making a suggestion one day and having to style all my projectiles like that manually. So to alleviate that, I created a tool that will take the sprite of a projectile and draw a nice-looking wiki-like preview for it.

For an example, follow the link at the top, save this tiny image: and load it in the tool. It should become this:

Bugs and annoyances you’ll have to mind:

• Copying an image from an image editor and pasting it into the input area tends to turn the transparent areas around the projectile into black. If this happens, check the “Black is transparent” checkbox. If your sprite contains deep black or is semi-transparent, then you’ll have to either change it or save the sprite to a file first.
  • After loading a sprite, the tool might tell you that the sprite is not 8x8 or 16x16 even when it is. To fix that, click the input area and then anywhere else on the page. If it still tells you that, then something’s wrong.
  • When pasting images into the input area, the tool won’t recognize them until you click outside of the input area.
  • Dragging and dropping the preview onto the desktop will create a weird web shortcut - right click the preview and save it as… instead.

Screenshot:

If the tool straight up doesn’t work, contact me and I’ll look into it.

This is beautiful. Would really help to speed things up a lot! Thanks a lot man. If you are willing to share, how did you make this? Script language, testing and domain inquiry?

Thank you!
This is all in Javascript in the browser. It’s hosted on Github (Pages?) for free. I don’t exactly know what you mean by testing, though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.