PSA: do not enter ddock pops unless it's nexus

Players are PKing with ddocks. They will pop, drag pirates to spawn, nexus, then call. Once players enter they are instakilled. (rotmg reddit has proof in screenshots)

Where does one get these vids?

(he’s a hacker)

idk zquid posted these but he probably found these from the official discord if i had to guess. probably easier to ping @zquidx h

unfortunate there’s no “tp cooldown” equivalent for entering a dungeon which makes this far deadlier than event sitting. also i believe unity loads in slower than flash (or rather it loads in at the same speed, but you can see the loaded game faster on flash) which is evident when you hold a movement key before loading into a new area, you’ll end up way further than if you did the same on flash. so makes this even deadlier on unity.

edit: zquid likes me owo, does that mean it was from rotmg discord

I was wondering about this. I’ve fallen victim to this concept before. Comforting Sad to know that there are others with good loot perishing to dumb things beyond control too.
I’d also like to know if my physical nexus key is faulty or if there’s some delay on exalt. I’ve killed a few of my chars to that, too.

does it happen on flash? if not i guess we can rule out the cause as exalt, i personally haven’t had problems with the nexus key not working but have heard anecdotal stories of nexus not working.

i do have issues with consecutive key presses tho (i.e. sometimes double tapping hp pots doesn’t work, spamming keys 1-8 to drink from inventory almost never consumes all the consumables etc), what’s your nexus key btw? nevov will probably split this into a bug thread :sweat_smile:

The Rotmg counter-culture never gives up or grows up, eh?

I don’t quite understand what you mean. Would you mind elaborating? :slight_smile:

The problem with testing on flash for me is that currently, my family’s computer is meeting it’s end of life, and we tax it hard. Based on what I’ve seen on the forums and heard in-game, my performance generally might actually be better than many others, especially with certain dc issues. I’m not immune, but resistant. However, flash is completely unusable. Every single input is heavily delayed, including loading, and worse still, if I input a direction, there’s literally a roughly 50% chance (I don’t know why I tested this; it was slightly under that %) that I’d go flying off in a single direction with a single movement input, unstoppable unless I pushed the same movement key once more. I can hardly navigate the nexus, let alone play the game in flash anymore.

As for consecutive key presses on exalt, yes, that’s a thing too. It is slightly annoying when I’m trying to swap my equipment mid-fight so I don’t have to drag them around with my mouse (I’m happy that I can do that at all; flash never allowed me to do that ever since I started the game a while ago), and even more annoying with difficulty chatting. Hitting keys for chat commands, or sometimes even trying to initiate the chat with enter takes more than one attempt, and I’ll occasionally start typing without realizing I’m not messaging and start spamming option controls on and off left right and center! :joy:

I skipped some things, but as for the nexus key, I use the left ctrl because my left pinkie rests there almost naturally. And yes, that screws with my vault item locator, and no, I don’t care :sweat_smile:

Anyway, forgive my rant. And my apologies, Nevov.

its fun to kill people not that deep buddy

Welcome back to the forums! … and ban

What makes a nexus pop safe rather than a realm pop?

i’d assume these “pkers” are popping exclusively in the realm since there’s generally less people (and hence less people that go ahead and start rushing / clearing etc as the dungeon is popped). idk tho op can prob give better answer

hm yeah, cuz i was wondering if it had to do with the nexus key you chose. for me i have this issue that ob enlightened me of called keyboard ghosting; essentially my nexus is “tab” and the keyboard physically can’t register the tab key when i’m going down+right (hence i can’t nexus when going down+right).

it could also be something to do with lag if you’re saying it’s just a delayed nexus, and not that the key doesn’t register at all. would it be possible to experiment in a safe area trying to replicate this delay that you’re talking about, and seeing if changing keys helps?

I feel like on exalt, the keyboard is less responsive. Try holding it down hard for half a second when you press hotkeys, instead of tapping it.

I’d assume counter culture = trolls, and “never gives up or grows up” = them never seeming to stop finding new tricks or just stopping trolling.

Yeah, sometimes I can’t switch items cause the number buttons won’t work. Though I haven’t experienced it in a while. It used to happen after I switch equips quickly by double-clicking on them.

Ok. I wasn’t sure who he was responding to, but that makes sense now, many thanks!

Interesting. I hadn’t tested that out.

I suppose it’s easy enough to try this out on the beach. Specifically referring to the first statement, I hope “down + right” is not the issue. Some of the harder times I have nexusing is when I’m rotating like a freak. For instance, what consecutively killed my two 8/8’s almost successively was fighting the nest boss in its final phases. I can think of a couple of other suspicious scenarios too… I get back to you on my test results.

In the realm, they can pop in a secluded area and set it up before calling people to enter the dungeon. This isn’t possible in the nexus as people will enter straight away or won’t see the portal at all (because no TP).

The people doing it were considering the nexus originally by opening it below nexus (so people have to run to get it). The obvious problem with that is tricksters/rogues, but it’s not foolproof.