PT: Fungal Cavern

Please please please please PLEASE nerf Mushroom Berserker.
It is not fair. It charges at you and IS LITERALLY DESIGNED TO POP YOU MORE EFFICIENTLY THAN AN ICE SPHERE. I don’t care that it has lower hp. At least Ice Spheres give you fair warning and only charge once. Mushroom Berserkers charge at you, give you an unavoidable instapop, and do it many times with like a split second margin in between each pop.

(also, good job on recreating leechpad)

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHY. I’m getting a bit tired of being ignored

Major bug here! The world cannot function properly unless this is fixed. This is so gamebreaking that you need to spend hours to fix this, otherwise we are all doomed!

idk mayb old testing was like this

oh noes why does the game have random blue line things on the screen
deca pls help

I didn’t have enough time to test the dungeon on all classes (done it only on archer, wizard and paladin), so it’s obviously subjective.

• The aesthetics of the dungeon are great, it actually feels like you’re exploring a cave system.

• The boss is very well-designed. It’s challenging, but fun and fair (save for a few phases). I especially like the bullet hell aspect of the fight: no cheap status effects, just high-damage projectiles flying from every direction. It always keeps you on your toes. Even with a good pet, you have to be somewhat decent at dodging.

• Nerfing base HP of the enemies and making the dungeon shorter was a very good idea. The previous version felt way too long and boring. Also the enemies had way too much HP for a dungeon that’s somewhere between tomb and shatters in terms of difficulty.

• Might be out of the topic, but i like the idea of guaranteed white bag drops on testing (yeah, i know ogmur is just a placeholder, but it still was a nice addition). It might give some players more motivation to actually test stuff.

Now for the stuff I didn’t like:

• The leech pad and the whole “explore the dungeon to open a way to the boss” gimmick. I don’t think that even needs an explanation: mechanics like this just DON’T work in RoTMG. It’s not an issue during testing, where the runs are usually done solo or with small groups of experienced players who are willing to cooperate, but production is an entirely different experience. During public runs, about 90% of the players will probably just stand on the pad and wait for the drill to load, while only 10% will actually do something useful. It seems like the devs are trying to prevent leeching by adding large XP bonus to the crystals, but I doubt that will work: fame is nearly useless now anyway.

• The large green mushrooms are absolutely awful. Charging to a nearest player without giving them almost no time to react and instapopping them is NOT a good enemy design. Currently they are even more dangerous than pre-nerf ice spheres. Considering the fact that players on production get regularly popped even by temple statues, i can see the mushroom berserkers being the №1 source of player deaths in the dungeon, at least during the first few weeks. At least give them a 0.5 - 1 second delay before releasing the shotgun and/or make the bullets deal less damage, so they can’t instakill you.

• The large purple mushrooms. They spawn too many projectiles (especially during the first phase), which makes it very difficult for melee classes to land a hit. Maybe they have an easy pattern and there’s a reliable way to stand close to them without the risk of getting hit multiple times, but I haven’t figured it out. If 2 of them spawn close to each other (i’ve seen that happen in the encounter), it becomes almost impossible for a short range class.

• The crystal worm father phase of the boss fight. The projectiles are slow and easy to dodge, but there are too many of them. Melees have a very hard time getting to the head.

• The last phase of the boss fight, after all body segments are destroyed. It feels way too chaotic and there are way too many projectiles: adding 5 more bullets to an already difficult shot pattern feels like an overkill. I haven’t found a safe way to manuever between bullets: all successful fights came down to killing the head before it could kill me.

• The XP inconsistency. Some big mushrooms give 1000 XP on kill and some only give 195. Also, the boss gives only 600 XP, like the lesser worms. The dungeon is obviously still in development, but small things like this are sometimes ignored by the devs (don’t forget the problem with heroic dungeons that was patched way too late).

• The realm encounter feels cheap and lazy. I’m sorry, but fighting swarms of copypasted minions is neither balanced nor fun. There are way too many enemies and way too many bullets during the last waves, and often you can’t even adequately dodge because of that. The miniboss in the final wave is alright though.

PT: Fungal Cavern part 2 UTs

PT is closed now

The new changes to the poison are uncalled for. Penalizing others because you chose to armor break the enemy is not fair to other players at all.

Proposed Solution: Remove the damaging to enemies buff that was applied here and make it curse the assassin who uses it.

You should not be able to cause other players to take MORE damage than the enemy was intended to do in the first place. You’re essentially wiping away 20% of someone’s HP, which they have no control over because they can’t force the Assassin to change their poison.
Especially when you can just Ogmur the enemy for armor breaking, or use the alien core for a %chance at it without the enemy doing increased damage to everyone it hits.

The two worms are way too hard to kill without a piercing class due to the relative smallness of the corridors.

They updated it again - the enemies now have new projectile sprites! …Well, the mushrooms at least, as far as I could tell.

Please update the Trap description to reflect how it works and the damage it deals, thanks!

The Mushrooms that are being spawned trough the spell do damage and it does not count toward Sb

I think this needs a nerf to have less shots or something. It took me about 6 minutes to clear them out but maybe I’m just bad.

Hello everyone,

I want to hear your thoughts on the Fungal Cavern Boss. As from the testing, do you think the boss could be a little harder, easier, or the same? In my honest opinion, I feel like when the developers rework again they should make the boss a little harder. Some patterns from the testing are very easy to dodge at first glance while others are hard. I feel like they could make all phases hard? When you get loot you will feel very satisfied knowing that you actually killed a hard boss monster. I don’t know if this dungeon is suppose to be endgame or mid tier? If it’s end game content, it should be obviously made much harder in the rework. If it’s not, then it’s fine the way it is.

Btw, the mushrooms (squishy :slight_smile: ) are very cute… but not the mini purple ones -_-

released in Patch X.31.9.0 - Fungal Cavern