PT: In/Out of Combat System and more!

I sincerely mean no disrespect, but it is glaringly obvious that you have not read the ToS, nor understand what it means, legally.

I cannot help you. This is the end of our conversation.

He blatantly plays on a hacked client and was up until recently banned from the forums for being rude, disrespectful, breaking forum rules, and trolling.

Pay him no regard; he’s just a teenage idiot.

I will still treat everyone with a limited modicum of respect. It is only when someone breaks that level of respect, do I resend my kindness. Concurrently, only Ickabod has met my ire, to my knowledge.

Why don’t you want a nerf to pets? They’re blatantly overpowered and over the years have taken out a lot of fun and challenge from the game.

This is standard removal of liability. Any respectable video game company with virtual currency has clauses like these. From Riot to Nintendo, it’s far from a “shitty” move.

Yes they do. Also, in the ToS.

Technically speaking, the least they can do is give you 1 fame. But I do get your point, from a serious worldview. I disagree that we need any form of retribution however. The fact that my divine pet is getting nerfed, and that dodging is going to be important again in the game, is payment enough for me tenfold.

I never claimed that it did. You might be confusing my responses with Pixel’s.

This feels like you’re setting up a slippery slope argument, but there’s no explanation behind your statement. The grandfather clause explicitly does not apply to the ToS in this instance. I fail to understand why that fact, invalidates “most” other situations? Depending on the circumstances and legalese[1] that is written pertaining to a specific situation, the probability of the grandfather clause working, is varied.

[1] Informal terminology, refers to the legal protections written by lawyers.

I would still say it’s a not so good move, even if it is necessary on their part. But atleast in this case DECA is handling it better than most other companies in this area who’ve gotten flamed for similar actions.

I dont think dodgng has ever been unimportant because of pets, just less of a priority because they allow you to make more mistakes (unless we’re talking about endgame dungeons like LH, then sloppy mistakes will usually get you insta killed, nexusing or make the run way harder than it had to be).

I was replying to pixel with that line xd

my response to your previous quote also applies here.

(also I wouldn’t set up a fallacy so sloppily, especially with nothing to back it up with, that’s just rude)

I could stand in godlands with a pet, go get coffee, and come back to an alive character most likely. Before pets? No chance in hell. Pets took all the difficulty that Wild Shadow created and threw it out the window.

Oh my, what a thread to read through.

The “it’s not a nerf because your divine pet is still better than everyone else’s rare pet” argument makes no sense to me. In this game, we compete against the AI and ultimately, our pets are getting worse while the AI aren’t (or at least nerfed to a lesser extent).

Don’t sugarcoat it, it’s a nerf. A well deserved one.

Something that noone mentioned (and probably noone cares) is: the names ‘In Combat’ and ‘Out of Combat’ are weird. ‘In combat’ means ‘in battle’, not necessarily taking damage.

@Kiddforce, kudos for meddling with pets. Any chance changing abilities beyond Heal and Magic Heal is on your radar?

I wish I had your optimism

now this is someone who get’s it

Make Attack Far Good For Once

I hoped to make that pet to have fun during Nut/Geb rage, but Decoy doesn’t even trigger at the same time as Savage, so useless on Nut, and Savage range is shorter than Geb moving away range, so useless there too…

Decoy in my opinion would actually get you killed faster and more often than the IC/OOC system ironically, since it’s so bad. Which is why I never use pets with the ability. savage makes me sad :frowning:

nice attack close though

edit:

seriously, personal insults? and it’s not even about what we’re discussing here, come on.

I wish I didn’t. I have spent too much money on realm, despite the amount of time I have been able to enjoy from it. I rationalized the spending, because I had a job, and could always work back the loss.

Years later, I can now see the fool I was.

I am in a similar position. I spent money years ago on char slots and chests. But I would not do so again. DECA giving them away has greatly diminished their value, and I have more char slots than I can use now in particular.

But I do not regret my purchase for one minute. It helped me get started with the game when free meant one char slot, one vault chest. And I was happy to pay towards the game; viewed as a financial purchase it’s been far better value than any other game I’ve paid for.

That’s an opinion. Though this is a fact:

All about the money, us divine owners paid for how pets currently work. Not 25-30% of a pet. We paid for a major convenience in our game playing experience, and will be taken away.

Now to my opinion of infinitesimal impact: Nerf pets and I’ll walk. So If one person feels this way, pontificate what that means for others as well.
~ Disc

Do you seriously think pets being overpowered is an opinion? Being healed 90 HP a second in a game where you can literally evade all damage anyway if you dodge? Taking so little damage that you can do stupid things like literally walk across lava? Being able to stand still and place your mouse on a boss, fire away, wait a few seconds, and collect your loot a few seconds later without coming close to death?

I think the opinion part was the

“taken out a lot of fun and challenge from the game”

Part.

Fun? Maybe. I don’t think you can claim pets haven’t made all content hugely easier though. What people find ‘fun’ is obviously their opinion but I’m fairly sure most people can acknowledge that standing still at most boss fights isn’t fun.

oh, he agrees with you, he’s just showing you the other side of the argument

I get that you’re being sarcastic (and I agree with you), but yeah, that is what some people want (and do with follow autoaim autoloot etc)

This is not a fact. It’s not even a complete sentence.

You have no right of ownership in the matter, nor a promise of stagnant gameplay. The exchange of monetary value for virtual currency, in exchange for virtual services, is not bound by law to maintain such expectations infinitely. You give up such ideals when you accepted the ToS. Every single time you have spent gold, you should’ve realized this.

Furthermore, pets have ruined the balancing of this game for years. Kabam didn’t care for this community, and in an effort to squeeze money out of a dying game, they irreversibly unbalanced all the content that Wild Shadow Studios created, along with causing grief for future developer Deca Games to deal with, when adding new content. Dodging used to be an important skill in realm, now money directly equates to how lazy or sloppy of a player you can be. Its “convenience” is not caring about penalties. At least with amulets of resurrection, you still had to be good at the game. And amulets used to cost over 10K fame, back when fame meant something, and couldn’t just be attained so freely. The pacing of the game has quickened with pets, but the core elements of the game often need countless reworks to keep up. No longer do people work together to take down event gods. It’s now a mad rush to the red square on the minimap, followed by a selfish effort to do the most dps. Back in my day, we used to work together to take down a cube god. But today’s meta is just hop on your divine pet, facetank the cube god, and that’s it. Oryx 1 used to be challenging, even in a full realm. Now the former namesake of the game is a joke. Deca has made efforts to make older content fresh and balanced again, but because of pets, most of their changes are met with annoyance, rather than hitting their mark. The buffs to oryx 2 just come off as a hassle to deal with. But dungeons like the parasitic chamber were well praised. The difference being, pet stasis and sick. When you can remove the efficiency of pets, old realm shines once more.

This is why I’m so excited for the changes to pets. I’m hoping that it’ll bring back some of the old teamwork again. That skilled end game players can be judged by their dodging expertise, and not by their wellness off in life. That bosses can deliver low damage, bullet hell shots, without pets negating it completely. I really, really miss that aspect of realm. Because of pets, all the end game dungeons, from the Shatters to the Nest, Lost Halls, to the recent dungeons, all have enemies that attempt to kill you nigh instantly. Sure, we had a few instances in old realm, like the Tomb, or getting armor broken in Oryx’s castle, but for the most part, you died more organically, before pet abilities.

That isn’t a statement of opinion. This is just a promise or threat.

I’m not sure you used the word ‘pontificate’ properly in this instance.

Pontificate, verb, express one’s opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic.
Example: “he was pontificating about art and history”

I think you meant to use a word like ‘extrapolate’.

I’m sure that some people who have spent copious amounts of money on pets will feel angry, betrayed, or burdened by pet nerfs. However, as I have stated, and others have stated, there exists a group of us who are encouraging of this pet nerf. You may leave realm, but I implore you to try it out, at least for an hour. I personally think that this change is going to be very healthy for the game’s continued lifespan.