PT: In/Out of Combat System and more!

Also you ignored the fact that I pointed them as veterans

But also

that this was done by two veterans with relatively nice geared characters

Are we truly at a point where people think that endgame encounters should not require endgame skills and gear to complete??

Your reading comprehension skills are superb

And how are you supposed to acquire said endgame skills, if you need them to complete the encounters/dungeons?

Pixie is now Legacy ST set, the new one is sb :stuck_out_tongue:

The Legacy one is damn expansive and prolly only sold by dupers since that item will never drop again :slight_smile:

I’m well aware of the state of the Swoll Paladin Set. That doesn’t change the fact that tons of Pixies are still present within the market, and can be bought. Especially considering the fact that the Lost Halls is a copy printer for Life.

niec sarcasum Br0 you
own him Eb
IC STYLE

solo cult was possible even without this (I would know since I’ve soloed about 3-4ish of them), but this should also make them much easier. but what you said is also true for cultist shots, really hate them :confused:

WHEN YOU GET CHAIN PARALYZED CHAIN PARALYZED CHAIN PARALYZED CHAIN PARALYZED

yeah but still, the point of saying you can get good enough gear then mentioning an item that can’t be obtained anymore is quite moot. You even said it’s not that hard to get lol. While mentioning bee helm, jugger, then legacy pixel. I for one only got 2 jugger drop (one I couldn’t even grab because pre pet and the small octopusi + gods hit pretty hard on a wizard lol), I never got a bee helm, and I never got a pixie without trading (granted, I hate cland :P)

In any case, I think your point would have been better if you just said tops. That being said, should void even be duoable with tops/lower pet, that is another question. I feel it should be the case, as imo difficulty should be handled like tombs, but I think most players want this “impossible” on lower pet/lower gear. It saddens me, but oh well, not much I can do to change ppl mind on that :slight_smile:

I never done voids simply because of the reasons I stated before. I don’t really like sitting and listening to raid leaders, although discord halls do allow easier learning with weaker pets, since you are allowed to make mistakes. What I pointed out by that is rather simple, that the game will be alot slower now, then it was before. So take me, who has 0 experience within doing Voids, has to learn how to do the current version, relying solely on dodging things I don’t know about and if I fail, I get kicked all the way back to grinding sprites again… Why bother learning voids and halls if I have to do all this again. And this sorta kills the staying power for newer players, as we all are rather seasoned players, who have learned enough about the game to be able to tell what projectiles probably carry the most danger and how to counter specific status effects, which mind you, everything in the halls dungeon and subdungeons loves to spam them

Edit: Also the reason I am wierdly insistant on making things easier to learn is because what the game needs now is be attractive to newer players to spark life into it, not draw back in older ones (although this will help, older players usually have shorter attention span for something they played once before)

I’m thinking of the opposite actually. For instance, you never learn better than in a small group. Reason? Boss last longer, so you learn for a longer time. Ok this is not true in some new dungeon, like thiccet where the last phase gives you no leeway to learn (and all under a minute lol), but for the most part (aka not enclosed fights), you will learn more. Even in voids which is enclosed, at least you have time, there are some 200dmg shots, but you don’t get insta by that, you get killed by getting hit several times by such shots. The issue with void is the DPS timer, that will probably be harder to hit because less mana regen for spell spam, but if that is ok with the decrease of base HP, it should be fine

since when did I only attribute the duo to only his gear? because I would say it only relied heavily on it, as like you yourself said:

the items Sturky had were necessary (though not realistic for most end game players) to duo void. And that is because items like jug and marble breastplate provide vital buffs to survive, and plain old WC tops just can’t compete with that, and they were never supposed to. And the same goes in the other direction, you cannot have end game trash like crown or whatever while being very unskilled at not only the game, but void entity particularly, then expect to be able to duo it without wiping. And while Sturky is inexperienced, they were still able to successfully do it because of the prior experience and the items they had in hand.

I only pointed out the gear aspect since it’s quite obvious they wouldn’t have been able to duo it if they were Bad At Game :tm:

Qucik edit:

I agree with this entirely, though I would say this varies wildly depending on which dungeon you are in, most are fine though.

So everything should be so easy that you are not challenged/punished in any way by content?

Will it though? Have you actively tested this? how long did it take you to complete that cult? I believe the record for a solo cult was like 20 minutes.

Is this satire?

Why challenge yourself at all? Do you really just want to stay in a bubble where you are comfortable all the time? How are you going to grow as a player?

Not to be mean, but this sounds like what i said before

It is indeed easier to learn on a smaller group, I agree. But Halls does fall into the section that it’s harder on a smaller group due the simple complete bullet hell nature of such fight, where most dungeons prior, even end game, were more about learning what each shot does, when it comes out and the “cooldown”, where now each shot is rather consistant and brings 3 or 5 with them.

Edit:

Because of how time consuming remaxing in RotMG can be so you can try again. Not everyone has enough available time to grind the living hell out of gland dungeons in order to get a 6/8 for another attempt at a boss. I do tend to play other games alongside this, and I do study somewhat. It usually takes me around 2 weeks to max a 6/8 and maybe longer to get decent gear to do the dungeon if I am lucky. While this is indeed an isolated reason, the game also has a pretty good casual playerbase, which should also be minded in decisions as large as this one.

as I said, I’m more of an Encore guy than a LH guy in term of difficulty (aka I prefer loads of pet stasis shots that don’t do much dmg than high dmg shots and lots of status effect like sick/quiet/etc).

that being said, Ringeling (a guildie) for instance only play petless, and he was in the top 10 in void completed in sbc last LH event. The shots are dodgeable, but granted pet helps a lot. I find thiccet last phase way more unfair than void tbh, and yet I had the chance of learning the phase on testing, so I also agree that once you learn it enough it’s relatively simple.

@KiddF
the standard rotation of dungeons in the nexus can be a bit limiting when you’re the only one there resetting it.
Idk how to improve it atm except increase the selection and maybe remove the alien portals.

I do understand your point and I also prefer Encore way more than LH (actually solo’d one this testing session and was much more fun and adrenaline driven than the Cult solo). The main issue that I have right now, is the long, time consuming process to go from a death within the lost halls as you don’t know the MBC’s patterns, to trying again on a new unique character, which yes, doesn’t affect older players because they have enough characters and gear laying around to just go straight back into it, speeding up the learning process

well this is going towards maxing process (I mean, we already agree on the best type of difficulty, but not much to do about void for being like that, just hope that new endgame will take the route of tactics/pet stasis instead), so this is going off-topic.

I’m not sure I want the maxing process to be easier tbh, I’m a bit torn on that. I understand the feeling of less experienced players, but at the same time, there already is the scout quest, perhaps they could re-add mystery pots on the calendar? Otherwise yeah any death means going back from scratch, that’s part of the game. You first learn the easier dungeons, get several chars, then go in harder dungeons, etc. That’s the core loop. I don’t see why OOC would change that to be fair. Especially in dungeons that chose the high damage route, since even now you mostly die from insta-like shots (well actually burst of shots that you try to tank because pet make you careless most of the time, but still, let’s call them insta)

edit : imo the grind comes mostly from gear more than stats pots (but maybe that’s because im too experienced), so imo this pet nerf with then increasing loot chance is a step in the good direction. You won’t have to keep your jugger in vault because you’re afraid to die with it. Now you can even get another one just by playing ! (and not waiting years before dropping one :p)

For anyone who is interested, here are the realmeye pages for the new items:

Here’s my thoughts, haven’t checked wismod out that much but from what I can tell it is definitely much better than their old wismod multipliers (which was trash). I’m not the best when it comes to making these types of posts, but I think it’s okay.

In/Out of Combat
I really like the In/Out of Combat system. Really encourages to dodge, but there is a problem. It’s hard to dodge overwhelming shots (MBC orbiting rocks),very fast shots and shot patterns that are just a big mess. I hate those kinds of shots (and considering the hitboxes are like small-medium sized, you just gonna get hit). Other than that this is good, I don’t like groups face tanking everything and this should at least make that not occur as often. This is a bullet hell game, not a bullet tanking game. I feel like I might end up going on a rant here about the shots in the game and such.

Player Buffs
Thanks for the changes to Paladin’s HP bug and Player Buffs. In Lost Halls, all they ask for is melees and I want other classes to not be rejected. (Yes I know it is a nerf to the group but berserk and damaging is not as broken and makes it that if you don’t have Warrior and/or Paladin, it doesn’t impact the group as much as the current buffs where it is too much and makes those two classes needed a lot). Oh yeah I should also say thanks for nerfing Armored.

Status Immunity
The Status Immunity thing is nice, but I think Players should have immunity on all debuffs, not just Paralyze and Petrified (because who loves being confused every second in a manor?) just like how it first was in one of the earlier Public Testing segments.

Wismod
Thank you for the wismod changes, now Pally and Mystic have as good modifiers as Sorcerer and Necro. Now it is just Priest left that needs a better wismod.

Dwarf Miner
The Dwarf Miner changes are very much appreciated. The fight is a lot more shorter, but my only complaint is that the Crystal Worm shots can be overwhelming, especially at the last phase. I know the Crystal Cavern enemies are supposed to be big damage and more bullet hell, but I think some of the enemies have overwhelming shots (I think the big purple mushroom fella was one of the enemies like that).

The 6 New Weapons

• Wand: Okay this wand is way too broken. Nerf it.
  • Dagger: The dagger is very niche and balanced. Needs a buff
  • Katana: Acts very much like ripper but maybe nerf the damage a bit?
  • Sword: Shot pattern is very wack. Seems to hit multiple targets but doesn’t say so in the tool tip.
  • Bow: What in the hell is going on here. This is just basically a vanity.
  • Staff: Good damage but an ok shot pattern. People seem to not like the pattern.

Basically Staff, Sword and Bow could be better especially in their shot patterns, Dagger needs to be buffed, Katana (maybe) and Wand needs to be nerfed or looked at.

I’ve grinded for divine myself, but I guess one way to look at is relatively, you are still above other players in terms of advantage, their pets will be weaker too, it’s a whole shift of the game, but yeah IC and tanking (abyss rush) is still an ouch, we’ll need to play it Out to truly know

Here’s my two cents:
The pet change is very much needed, and is also a great idea. However, in execution, it is lacking.
The main issue is that in end game, you have literally no room for error, as practically all the bullets are well above the threshold for combat mode. While some people will be happy that this will make people dodge… sure, that’s always a good thing! However, the main issue is that the endgame dungeons are balanced around the fact that pets are too good. The bullet density and damage is just too unforgiving, and having nerfed pets in fights that were designed to compensate for high heals from pets is, in my opinion, not a good idea.
Also, def will barely make a difference. Most of the bullets out there are way too high in damage to make a difference between a threshold and a non threshold shot.

What is my opinion? Change the threshold and vit mod.
1.) The vit mod should both increase the threshold and decrease the combat time.
2.) Instead of basing IC on the amount of damage a single bullet deals, it should be based on the amount of bullets you eat in a certain time period after the first bullet you get hit with and the amount of damage that bullet deals. Right now, DEF does not have a new purpose. In fact, it barely makes a difference. Make it so the total damage that you can tank in a single bullet could be one number, and you can also eat up to 5 bullets. Or maybe make it work like this:
You are in a group of enemies. If you get hit with 5 or more bullets in 5 seconds, and if the total damage of the 5 bullets exceed, say, 100 damage, then you are in combat. However, if you get hit by a single bullet that deals, let’s say 200 damage, then you are automatically in combat. Right now, unless endgame dungeons are completely overhauled to compensate for pets being reworked like that, the current system will not work at all.

Uhhh no ic, ooc vit buff? (IC normal vit, OOC 3x vit?) Also I hope you don’t forget about the massive damage bosses have, and also, making abyss rushing go away (yeah harder and all but seriously, most abysses have 5 p and u get mark often on alive servers)