PT: Oryx 3, Bard, and Livestream

Wow, O3 desperation is actually alot more dodgeable than it seemed once you know how it works, and makes it actually deserving of being called “desperation”, please don’t nerf the attack pattern itself, just reduce the damage so it’s less lethal.

What if there was a special UT lute that applied a buff similar to the range buff but instead of adding more ranged it made multi projectile bows(or any weapons) shoot more narrow. I dont know if this idea makes sense but i think it would be very interesting.

Are we ever going to test out the new tier equipment or see just how profitable loot would be from o3?

Has anyone gotten through the chancellor’s rotating phase? where there are 4 lines of green portals. I’ve done a few and everytime nobody lives there. Is there some trick to it or safe rotating area?

I seem to dc quite a lot on Leucoryx right before he dies. The lag spike when he switches to his dark form is usually not that long, but just when doing the last bit of hp after that I seem to lag out a bit.

Found this to help - stay closer and dodge out only when needed to keep up the rotation safely

That’s footage of a priest and is visibly hit multiple times and shrugs it off with heals. So it’s not really showcasing how “dodgeable” that phase is. Additionally, there’s a point where Oryx circling + red/white spinner overlap and that becomes impossible to dodge. It is doable up until that happens in which case, all you can do is hope you don’t die. As a few of us suggested, Oryx could either move slower or circle closer to the center. The shot pattern themselves are fine as well as the damage. It just isn’t consistently dodgeable.

Here’s a screenshot of the overlap. (Taken from the twitch stream)

In about half a second from this screenshot, the red/white spinner’s pet-stasis shot will overlap with Oryx’s shotgun leaving very little space to dodge. This is still doable, but if the spinner was a few tiles ahead in its path it would be nigh impossible to dodge the sandwich.

I’ve reached this phase several times and each time this happens (usually cause the fight lasts too long and several rotations have passed), you have to bite one or two bullets. I purposefully avoided healing classes and tanks just to see how doable it is and it very much depends on how fast you kill Oryx or how much luck you have that this doesn’t happen.

I’ve noticed that during the desperation phase if you rotate after oryx moves past you, you can avoid the portal’s shots easier and have Oryx pass you less times. It’s an easy way to avoid having the portals make the shot pattern undodgeable since you can rotate at almost the same speed as them, and when Oryx gets close you can slip in-between their shots and go behind it, giving you time to dodge and start rotating again before the next portal catches up. That being said, I have also seen most groups just clump up and try to dodge in the same spot, but that seems more like a strategy error than a problem with the phase.

The Desperation phase is simply too difficult, I can see only guild/discord raids doing this and forcing a lot of priests.

I like the idea of it, but the portals are either too powerful or o3 comes too close, there are too many high damaging shots and you can very very easily die with a snap of your fingers.

Off topic of that phase, IDK if it’s Unity, testing servers, or O3’s speed but he’s often 2+ tiles ahead of where he visibly is. Shots come out of him 2 tiles where he’s running to. I’ve died multiple times this way and I also have recordings of it. This is a very bullshit feeling death. I enjoy fights where you can be just ahead of an enemy and escape unscathed. I dislike a fight when you’re 2 tiles ahead of an enemy and still take a full shotgun somehow as if he’s standing on you.?

EDIT: I realize some people might say just to git gud or that I suck so I will put a disclaimer that I’ve solod Shats and Halls on multiple characters before, with a weaker pet than I have on testing. I’m always the last one in the O3 fight and have gotten him to 5-10% health multiple times before getting got by the Desperation phase. The phase is simply too cheap/unpredictable.

Oh, and more information regarding the Desperation phase:

With how close O3 gets, and how fast the portals are, it’s a HUGE bummer that on top of that you have the protectors (or w/e their name is) who also have a radial shotgun and often times that’s the safest spot to dodge the portal shots and O3 shots. Maybe nerf at least one of these aspects.

Either the protectors don’t shoot during that phase, slow down portals a tiny bit and/or nerf their damage a bit, or put o3 a tad bit more into the center.

I still think that Oryx shouldn’t move during the Mine Mayhem phase, or at least, not while spawning the mines.
Also, phases that have Oryx mostly standing still should have him (partially) return to the center first, to prevent dumb things like artifacts stacking or easy bomb dodges.

Another thing is that during Explosive Charge, Oryx’ Daze AoEs tend to precede his actual movement, making it virtually impossible to dodge it if he’s running your way. I think it should be a small amount of Daze bullets instead, or possibly an appropriately-colored grenade.

New mechanic?

The boss fight is pretty neat. There was a phase where he was throwing around yellow bombs that were a bit hard to see with the rays of light pouring down. Other than that I don’y really have any feedback.

This is by far the best strategy to do that phase with! Although its a bit difficult to tell how close Oryx is, and depending on how close Oryx is when you slide past the spinner’s shots, you’re still gonna eat Oryx’ shotgun. But generally gives you a bigger window to react to avoid getting sandwiched. I have yet to do O3 with a pet weaker than Divine haha

By all means we would love to see your recordings! The more the merrier

The desync lag:

Here’s one I almost did with sorc, rookie mistake:

And after ten deaths on many Bards, a few Priests, a paladin, a necro, a sorc, maybe other classes, I finally finished it:

Of course I do it with the objectively best class. Speedy is too good.

EDIT: Oops did you mean only videos of the lag? I have a ton of recordings, I’ll have to go through them later. These are just some I uploaded to discord so they were readily available.

This is a pretty weird thing that I’ve been noticing for a while. Big, strong, and heavy bosses shouldn’t be this fast unless they’re flying. Looking at Keyper, for example, perfectly explains why: it’s an enormous, fat monster sliding around like a ping pong ball or something. He should at the very best wander slowly, slower than a normal god. The thing is the size of a building.

Some things like this will just instantly break any immersion I have in the game.

This video shows 3 major flaws in the Gemsbok fight:

1. Some of his phases can be safespotted;
    (Leucoryx also suffers from being safespotted alot)
  2. His phases where he does nothing but throw aimed grenades are extremely lackluster and easily avoided by just running in a circle, a boss of this tier shouldn’t have such simple phases;
  3. While the coin trick is a cool gimmick, it should probably be nerfed in some way, not only is it fairly easy to pull off, it also lets you do extremely high damage to Gemsbok while he’s vulnerable, making the last phases, which are supposed to be the climax of the fight, trivially short, maybe add more coins and lower the amount of time it staggers Gemsbok.

Dammah’s sword portal attack is also absolutely trivial and needs to be buffed to either be very tight or have another shot pattern within it, just check any video of someone doing it, it’s way, way easier than the rest of the fight.

It should be noted that the dungeon uses exponential scaling, so groups of around 10-20 will probably deal with the enemies very fast but super large groups may actually end up being much slower. This applies to the minibosses too.

Dammah’s sword attack is fun, but I agree that it’s somewhat of a letdown in terms of difficulty. With it being the initial “oh shit” retaliation move (that I believe was described in the stream as his ultimate attack), I was expecting something a bit more threatening. I would say it’s absolutely one of the easiest phases of any enemy in the entire dungeon, despite looking imposing. Could definitely do with some pressure from the sides and back as well when it shows up again later in the fight.

it wont let me do lh it just says ‘is event caps for player under level’