PT: Oryx 3, Bard, and Livestream

ok, so nobody in our party of 10 died on every phase of o3 until the celestial fall phase. his earlier phases could use a difficulty spike imo, it was also our first time reaching o3

celestial fall phase seems to be of proper difficulty, all of us but 1 died but with enough experience it should become much more doable (like the last phase of xolotl)

problem is there are too many safe spots in the room. o3 is really only constantly at 1 corner of the room when hes chasing, so people can just stand back and be completely safe from any bullets besides those orbiting stars/whatever they are. the messengers should have some deadly attacks besides the weak shotgun (that does like 18 damage to a maxed paladin)

The game is set at 1600x900 resolution, changing it to any other also doesn’t let me zoom out more

Yeah, everything before celestial fall is pretty limp compared to it, then everything after desperation becomes underwhelming tbh.

I dont think the inspired buff is currently working. im seeing no range increase on the bard right now.

hmm

Whelp, managed to get on, tried out the bard stuff, and got a few hallways down in Oryx’s sanctuary before the game froze and disconnected me. Now it wont reconnect. I love the art of the dungeon though.

Edit: managed to get back in and with a group of six, we got O3 down to about 25% hp before I died. All in all, its not too stressful of a fight, still being hard but fun.

Same here. dced. can’t load back into the nexus now

Where do we get the Exalt platform for Public Testing?

It’s a drop down menu in the exalt launcher. (Not Steam)

Updated my post. UwU

Why is everyone pushing for a buff on 03? You guys do realize that in production, a max of 85 people will have to go through the castle, O1, O2, Minibosses, then O3? Only very few people will actually make it that far. If O3 was at the same difficulty level as MBC, it would be overkill. Not to mention O3 can’t be opened with keys. Only once per realm.

a max of 85 people will have to go through the castle, O1, O2, Minibosses, then O3? Only very few people will actually make it that far.

Everything before Sanctuary is exponentially easier than it and will barely filter anyone out

If O3 was at the same difficulty level as MBC, it would be overkill.

He’s literally supposed to be the hardest thing in the game and in a dungeon way, way shorter than Halls, so how is him being at the same level or higher than MBC “overkill”, do you want Sanctuary to be easier than Halls?

The fact that there are maybe 10 players max during the O3 fight right now, and were not even struggling much against it, means that it’ll likely get steamrolled when it hits production (even if O3 was made to combat steamrolling).

KiddF said that the HP (they are implementing a new system for HP scaling just for this) scaling will result in groups doing the encounters in the same amount of time no matter the size, so its unlikely these will be steamrolled.

Here’s my first suggestion for testing: Remove the lost halls keys so people will test the new content instead of trying to practice lh rushing.

How can a small group & big group do this in the same amount of time? A small group isn’t guaranteed to have most group buffs, meanwhile big groups almost always do.

Haven’t been able to get to the minibosses without disconnecting in several attempts, but my first impression is that the trash mobs leading up to them are really easy. Both in a group and when soloing, the only challenge is people rushing ahead when the doors open and locking people out when they start the miniboss. That shouldn’t be possible on live. Otherwise, the trash is all easy with basic kiting. In large groups, I imagine they’ll only kill people when they teleport on top of players directly and you can’t see it due to visual clutter. Not a great mechanic.

Depending on how you run a LH. A fullskip raid is definitely faster than the whole O1-O3 process.

People hardly run public halls because of the deadly and long traversal which can only consistently done with a raid group. How organized do you think the remaining 10~ people running O3 will be?

Anyone got a read on how to do the desperation move phase? I thought that it was maybe a possibility to circle with the pet stasis shots (similar to how you circle with Xolotl’s DM) but Oryx 3 actually moves faster than those pet stasis shots so he’ll just catch up to you one way or the other. If you stay still, you end up having to deal with his shotgun which moves very fast and is very difficult to dodge (and most of the shots do like 175 armor piercing which is enough to kill you even if you just slightly slip up).

I really cannot figure this one out and I’m not exactly sure what to do. Most of the other phases seem to be on par with other end game content but that phase is just insane.

Anyway, if anyone wants to theory craft with me, let me know what you think of his desperation move.