PT: Vital Combat & Exaltations

Bud, none of the exaltation rewards are meant to be achieved in a few weeks or a few months. Especially if they are all permanent, the point of them is to grind your ass off, after all this is a game based on grinding and time investment. You can argue its too high of a risk for only +5 stats, but its +5 stats permanently on all characters afterwards, plus other things like IC cooldown and your own weapon damage and loot drop chance. All this stuff is stuff that benefits your character and cant be lost once you’ve achieved it. This isn’t only for one character too, this goes for all your characters. There are also nice requirements where the reward will go to all classes that share a common attribute such as all melees and heavies will receive the certain buff. This is something that is rewarded to those who spend their time playing this game and will be rewarded no matter how you see it. Exaltations are end game content that everyone has a CHOICE to work to and will not hurt them if they dont work for it.

I remember in previous testing for IC and OOC that the minimum damage threshold was 50 damage to trigger the IC effect. I think that they should bring back to this because having it at a higher threshold brings opportunities for players to diversify their loadouts if they choose to go for a more defense build as currently, everyone only goes for high health and high damage. It really gives players more of a choice in the game and to think out their play style differently.

It was never 50 damage, it has always been 15.

This is a fair point, I do agree that by the time you achieve the max rewards and buffs, you will have most likely gotten all the drops, however I do think they should try to keep the dungeon completes relatively high as once again, this should not be something that you can achieve across all characters to its max within a couple of months. This is something that is end game content and should benefit those who choose to invest that much time and be rewarded for it in many cool ways. It also does not hurt any of the playerbase if they choose not to work towards it,that is why I agree with the short amount of stats boost.

I undertand what you say. I just wanted to provide an alternative which would punish both 1/0/0 pets and 100/100/X pets equally. That’s why I gave the +X seconds (punishes 100/100/X pets) and the +% cooldown (punishes non fed pets). Anyway, with pets scaling exponentially it’s probably enough to nerf fed pets.

It’s on purpose to disproportionately affect higher tier pets though. Those are the ones that needed to be kept in check the most.

Are you sure? I am pretty sure when the IC and OOC was first introduced in testing it was 50 damage to trigger it.

One idea i suggest for the IC/OOC threshold damage would be for it to match the player’s defence value. (this way people will have to get hit by a bullet of double their defence to trigger IC. It might need slight adjusting in terms of a minimum and maximum value though)

You’re going to lose a huge player base, ngl probably going to kill the game. Don’t fix what ain’t broke. Kabam didn’t touch these things for a reason. They are critical to the game. Keep the game as is!!!

It’s not 32k. Looking at the image with this caption - Hover the cursor over any of the dungeons to see how many stat bonuses you have - and each first stat needs 10 completions, the Vit though which is working towards its second stat needs 20. 10 + 20 + 30 + 40 + 50 = 150. per stat. Multiplied by 8 for all stats, and 16 for all chars, gives 19600, or 19.6k.

Still too many though. And could easily be much higher if you mess any up by dying which docks you completions, making you do even more.

Now it looks to be a battle against those who create the game, and those who run it…
(Posted here for logging and for any players who haven’t read this message/don’t have access to them)

(Sorry Skandling, I didn’t mean to reply to your post, I just wanted to reply to the topic - If a moderator can edit that visually that’d be nice)

Oh fuck Kabam, don’t even try to imply what they did was good, come on. Is it because they kept the game alive? (By milking it and shitting on the mechanics and content, yes)

I actually didn’t realize the extent of the hp scaling change, thanks for posting this.

“This update is friendly for lower-level players” LOL

The HP scaling is bad to new players how? Because they can’t immediately do Lost Halls anymore?

(Low effort response for your low effort reply btw)

Ok, beginners can’t immediately do the 2nd hardest thing in the game, everything is ruined.

I give up, your logic is too strong.

(It’s easy to just post a meme and seem right)

1. New players shouldn’t be plowing endgame content immediately

2. Imagine judging someone by Lost Halls completions when Lost Halls is trivialized like right now

3. Out of Combat helps new players, how many times are we gonna have to hammer that in? Come on

1. When did I say anything about new players “plowing endgame content”?

2. If it has been “trivialized”, why so few completions? Your “point” is nonsensical

3. It doesn’t help new players at all. It encourages homogeneity among class types vis a vis warrior and knights.

Fair enough, got that mixed up with other ppl saying new players should just be able to do them immediately

Not liking it much, a couple dozen is more than enough to prove you can do it too

It benefits all classes, especially since unmaxed vit values are closer to each other

bro, you can’t become exalted without being 8/8. Therefore, a class like the Arch, that maxes at 40 vit, is at a SEVERE disadvantage compared to classes that max at 75 vit.

maybe I am misinterpreting your point about the unmaxed vit values.