Pushback Effect

In some cases, when a shield projectile comes to your way and you tank it, it clearly goes right through you or just passes through. It doesn’t really seem, logical.

The types of enemies/classes (only knight) which shoot shield-like projectiles like Bes, or a Pentaract Tower could have a “pushback” effect on the bullets, causing the player/enemy to be pushed back a distance. (Note: This doesn’t count for the projectiles which doesn’t pierce players and it is pushed back around the same distance as the projectile goes.) While in the pushback effect, you can still move anyway but be primarily be pushed from where the bullet comes from.

This new pushback effect can have a good impact, like it may save your life if just before a sincerely huge damaging, maybe insta-killing shotgun comes right into you (which you are really close), the shield projectile pushes you out of the way just in time.

Of course, there WILL be some pushback immunity, like the Forgotten Sentinel, Skull Shrine, and Janus while shooting the boomerangs on the red patterns. The pushback effect can be extremely useful with knight, like shoving off some extremely close high-damaging enemies. Basically, anything that can move would be able to be pushed. Anything that DOESN’T move (this counts in certain phases of moveable bosses) will be immune to the pushback effect. (Note: Even when an enemy/paladin with an Oreo is invulnerable and gets hit by one of these shots, they will STILL be pushed back., but not taking damage.)

Even though Deca would probably completely ignore this idea and even if they did, they’d have to make a new variable whether enemies can be pushed back or not and put huge lines of code. But still, to my view it is pretty cool. Well, that’s it. See ya’ll later!

If this happens, all the private tombs done would be fucked (rotations)

A stagger/pushback effect has a lot of implications. It’d be a great mechanic to add!

just don’t use a knight

ecksdee

also a pushback makes logical sense because you are literally running your shield into someone

but this will make knight even more better at midrange dungeons so idk

So you’re saying that there shouldn’t be any more perma stun meta in private tombs? Okay buddy.

Edit: how about making some “big” bosses unable to be “pushbacked?” Like marble colossus in his mobile phase.

Also it would be annoying as fuck if a certain knight kept pushing the damn enemy out of all of the warrior’s and paladin’s ranges. Even if it pushes it only one tile, it’s still gonna be damn annoying.

Also, if all shields can pushback, then that means you can shove aside an omnipotent god at level 1 with a slab of wood…oke

I suppose it can be a buff to knight’s late game prowess… But how about trollers pushing enemies to allies? Not even on purpose…imagine some of the LH crusaders being in the middle of the group are suddenly pushed back by a panicking knight. Oof

But let’s face it, knight has been so dominant in the midgame that I don’t think that it needs this major of a buff

I wouldn’t exactly count it as a buff, I just got that idea because, well, common sense.

I mean, sometimes I get a chunk of cardboard and push my friends and they get pushed back. In RotMG, it just passes through.

Errrrr… Maybe t3+ shields pushback, along with some other UT shields, like ogmur.

how would that change anything…

The pushback effect would be mostly annoying and DANGEROUS as fuck, as @barablazer said.

It’ll probably be in LH or Nest that it’s the most annoying, and you wouldn’t be having a t3 shield.

Anyways, this idea would really be bad for the game. Knight is bad now, and it’ll remain that way. My 8/8 knight rn is a throwaway/mule, and you know what they say. People with nothing to lose perform better.

Rotmg is not a logical game…

@Trolldllr it’s not a buff, it’s an annoying as hell feature.

like in shatters bridge when its closing so it doesnt close on you

This is pretty difficult to implement, don’t expect this to happen. Would be really fun if it was though!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.