Rare forced petless dungeon occurrences

Have say a 1 in 50 chance for a dungeon to have a special glow to it. Or something very obviously identifying it being aside from the norm. When entering, it is the exact same except it has a warning mechanism telling you that your pet has no use here.

Since it makes the dungeon vastly more difficult for the majority of players and characters. It could grant a special reward at the end. Possibly a chest after the boss has died with the same exact drops, or maybe add a flair to the UTs dropped saying that it was earner in a petless dungeon.

Deca could even sell these as Petless Keys or Challenge Keys somewhere for same/more gold.

All these other than the core “Rare chance for forced petless dungeon to spawn instead of normal” are brainstorming so please address the actual idea.

Thoughts?

PT: Heroic Abyss and Heroic UDL

I would say double or even triple drop rates

I personally would love to see the same rate of UTs except with a flair in the description showing that it was earned petless.

It also brings up another slight issue. Maybe it should only be a thing for common occurrence dungeons, people wouldn’t like having the rare offchance that a tomb from a sphinx would be ruined. And you since the rare occurance dungeons would be nearly impossible to find. You could keep them to being special keys only.

How would they be ruined?
I’m not sure if you know but there once was a time where people were forced to do petless tombs, simply because pets were nothing more than vanity.

I like the idea and don’t think there would be need for any exceptions except for key-opened dungeons.

Of course key opened dungeons would be different, it’d be a slightly different dungeon in itself.

However as far as I’m thinking. It would be extremely rare for the tombs and shatters and lost halls to the point where finding petless ones in realm would be too rare and too difficult for your average group doing a sphinx or avatar.

As for the keys I was thinking having a completely different set of keys that guaranteed the petless dungeon.

It would give new life to organized tombing and doing shatters and open up a fair bit of end game. Especially depending on the incentives to actually do said rare occurance.

I don’t ageee with having keys to the dungeons with the glow though.
Then there would be next to no meaning for an item to have marked as being dropped from a rarer version of the dungeon.

There would be keys because if it was rare then say finding a lost halls would be near impossible

I used to play the game without pets and never given any reward. We have just became to reliant on them

unless you are doing a lost halls without a pet or some new dungeon made just to be a challenge then maybe

What’s wrong with incentivising playing petless then. You don’t play petless anymore

because its sad. Even if they are dungeons made after pets like shatters. BTEL was able to solo the shatters petless. But we are going to get some reward for not bringing our pets in labs?

if someone wants to challenge themselves without a pet go ahead. Also not having a pet is not any huge challenge again we all did it before pets were around. The game was not insanely difficult back then why give a reward for not using one

also deca would never make a incentive to not use pets. As msellers said. Pets saved the game with the income they produced

Thinking it over, Maybe i could see having it as a daily quest. completing certain quest without a pet but I just dont see not having a pet as much as a challenge

I’m afraid that playing without pets is objectively quite a lot more difficult.

Just look at the current inflation of fame/potted characters. That is certainly not explainable by just more efficient trains and dungeons.

The fact that someone is able to solo something without pet, like you said, it the perfect example. It is such a rare occurence that people make videos of it. Videos that are actually talked about quite a bit.

I don’t think that there is necessarily a need for an extra chest but having a vanity item of the same UT would be pretty cool.

I disagree with the idea of having something put in the description. This would only be visible to the player and any trader who happens to hover over the item by accident. I think if you want a “flair” instead of increased drop rates or a chest, you should give it a flair that is actually visible. Maybe UTs that drop from this dungeon could be reskins which cannot be obtained from the regular dungeon.

You stuck in the past mate

people record them soloing shatters with a pet too. Its just hard to solo it.

Sure solo shatters get a vanity item seems find but where does it end? It was not specified what dungeons this would affect

Wanting rewards for doing dungeons without a pets seems to be the idea that is stuck in the past.

This idea is also not very fleshed out as it does not explain what dungeons would be used. Would you great a reward for doing an abbys without a pet? That does not really make sense since if you are half decent you should be able to do that.

Even higher dungeons like tombs or shatters. Ive done many tombs before pets were around and I have also done shatters without a pet. If you are with a good group and know the dungeon neither are difficult.

the only place i could see this rule applying is in lost halls

You get a reward for clearing the dungeon anyway. Why do you seem so spiteful that you disagree with adding a simple reward for making the dungeon easily 100x easier for anyone with a rare and up pet

Now listen. Go solo an abyss on any non healing class without your pet equipped. Every little tick of damage counts, you are forced to dodge more than “just dont die to a shotgun.”

This isn’t about pets either, it’s exploring an avenue for players to have the game reinvented for themselves and their gameplay turned on the head.

Now listen, I would say any godlands dungeon other than snake pit, you’ll have your pet healing you for 10x your total health. Magnitudes larger than what your vitality would have. Even more for MP.

A simple mad lab would provide you with much more challenge and danger going petless.

And not to mention you’ve said nothing on my actual idea. The rest is brainstorming that the forum users are doing.

Look up the word spiteful, show me where i exhibited such traits

I used to run them on knights and rogues all the time. Its not hard at all. Anyone who cant do a abbys without a pet on a maxed character is very bad at the game.

Yes I have. Ive made it perfectly clear I dont want any reward for not using a pet in dungeons.

I would still breeze through a lab on my 8/8 warrior with no trouble. Especially if it was a group of people? 9 people go into a dungeon all maxed. That lab wont stand a chance. Not having a pet wont stop them from crushing the boss

Hard for me to understand how a old player would make this idea. before pets could you not solo an abbys or lab with ease?

Reading the name of the thread, it made me think you had ran into some kind of bug where your pet was not present in the dungeon.

Every dungeon he mentioned I soloed on my Necro NPE
Heck, I soloed a manor at 1/8 (maxed speed) without only getting half of my HP lost one time, so even though I think there should be a slight bonus for event dungeons, for gland dungeons and lower a bonus should not exist

The idea was just to have a rare occurance where it would be a seperate dungeon where pets would not work in the dungeon. I even explicitly stated that in the OP that all else is brainstorming.

You are derailing my thread please go :joy::wave:

He just brought up his opinion, why should he leave just because it opposed yours? Be open minded in a argument like this

However why I do believe (as stated above) that event dungeons should have double or triple drop rates, others that are easy to no pet solo shouldn’t