Really Depressing Rant (Long)

OH yeah, I have a couple pieces of advice, again maybe it might help or not,
but, try to get some proof of his bearings, such as putting your phone behind some books on a book shelf or other places that can capture such events

Try posting on https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/
also consider learning a skill or earning a certificate (computer related is probably the most accessible)

ik, I was just concerned with the use of ‘not allowed

screw him, if it gets you away from him then you should do it (if you can)

Why do you care what he says? He’s the one that has made you feel bad, don’t do anything just to make him happy!

np <3

I’ll try to look into some more resources for you to turn to, I know there are a ton of atheist organizations that try to help people get out of toxic situations, especially when those situations are (partially atleast) caused by religion.

<3 <3

I’ll probably be able to be more active on discord soon, hopefully we can talk some and have fun with the rest of the guild.

I’m glad I found the forums too, I use realm (and other games) as an escape from real life, and I dont know if I’d still be in the community if I hadn’t found the friends I’ve made from here.

If we can spend 5 million years sperging about dungeon design or item balance then surely we can spare some time on a topic such as this one.

Sure, the primary focus of the forum is still on RotMG, but threads like this one are what I think builds a community on the forum, instead of just being a bunch of random people complaining about lag and shit.

No matter what your father tells you, your body and mind are not a curse. At worst you were born with a condition that a professional could help you with, at best it’s just a side-effect of the poor conditions you were brought up in and it’ll fade as you gain more independence.

You got a job you want to do. You got friends you want to hang out with. You got things you believe in.

Main reason you haven’t offed yourself yet is precisely because, deep down, you know you still have a lot to live for.

(on a side note, lifeguard might not be a very good idea for a reason other than having to hang around in public wearing a swimsuit: air and water don’t apply the same pressure, and the ear is one of the parts of the body that’s most affected by pressure changes; so if you already have sensitive ears, a job that could require you to frequently dive in water might not be the best).

So while I am christian and would agree many things you’re doing is morally wrong, I am not going to follow you around and scream like that, what your father is saying, specifically the way and attitude he says it with is in my mind, if you tell the exact truth, oppressive and devoid of love, and I feel so very sorry that you have to deal with it as he claims to be christian and comes on so violently it sort of makes me doubt that is even true

I am sorry that you have to deal with that and hope you can leave the place soon

For advice I feel as though I am not in the ideal position to give that as I am within the very religion that you are having trouble with

I’m Christian too.

What Solo’s dad is doing is not Christian.

Most Liked Replys

The reason I don’t is because I’m still a dependent. I need to get my drivers license, and more stable work before moving out. If I left a year ago I would’ve been screwed.

I don’t care about what he says, but I care about keeping the relationship from getting worse so I can survive until I have enough power to leave.

Always appreciated, I want to give my friend a break too. He’s become my budget therapist of sorts lol

If you say so. But even if I didn’t post this rant/wasn’t around for it, it would still have a lot of heart. The Realmafia games that Toastrz hosts are also what makes me feel like the community is a good one

It’s something I’ve had since birth, I’ve tried living with it before multiple times but in the end I realized I won’t be happy until I get it treated. So that’s what I’ll do, even if my relatives don’t like it.

That one night I was up and out at 3 AM I was blind to all those facts. It’s a weird feeling to describe, a creeping sociopathic pride that gives you tunnel vision and darkens the rest of the world out. Zephyr was the light in that moment and then I realized all those points. But suppose I lost all of them, the only way to move is forward.

One of the minimum wage jobs I have is McDonald’s, and let me tell you. The amount of noise in the building is ridiculous. Kids screaming, dual radios playing, machines beeping, ovens beeping, and even MORE machines beeping. It’s pretty hellish and I can’t see myself working there for a promotion.
Somehow I manage though, if barely.

That’s completely fine, you’re entitled to your own opinions. I don’t think of myself fully in the right either, just not completely evil like the hierophant thinks. (I’ve been called Satan a few times before.)

I think we’re both devoid of love, but he fired the shots first so I’m going to roll with that. He used to apologise for being a douche sometimes, but nowadays you’d have better chances winning the slots at a gas station. (Which he did once ironically enough)
I feel like there are two factions of Christians. The actual nice people who are cool to be around, and then the absolute dogballs scum of the Earth who create cults and hate crimes.

He has been hypocritical in the past, but if I dare mention it he won’t be happy about it obviously.
What I think it is, is selfish desire and fantasy masked as religion. He puts a lot of effort into the services on Sunday, from wearing the garb to choking everyone with incense. Maybe he’s delusional.

Also, I’m still open to any advice you give me. Just because I left faith behind doesn’t mean I’m against it as a whole. Maybe advice from real non-extremist Christians is different.

Agreed :wine_glass:

My view on family is that it is what you make it.

My father may biologically be the one who I am related to but I have no love for him.

Where as I have comrades who I care about and who care about me and help me when times are hard. That is my family

So to me my father is not my family. He’s just a man I knew. People expect people to love their family unconditionally but love is not unconditional, it’s earned like respect

When someone treats you like garbage all your life you can’t love them

Some people just will not change so you have to move on and purge them from your life when giving the chance

I love my dad.

Thanks for sharing.

Solo I’m curious did you graduate early or is high school just like that where you’re from? I’m 19 and going into 2nd year college for reference.

Also, as you’re dependent on your parents right now, try not to damage the relationship further. You can start by stop referring to your dad as “The Hierophant”, I had no idea what that word meant and found it kinda weird that you’re referring to him like that. It’ll just antagonize him; you’re trying to find an exit so the best you can do right now is not make the situation worse until you find that exit.

From previous experience you act impulsively–such as Beach Zone incident and leaving the discord (for what I consider trivial reasons)–so something that I like to do is keep silent. If you’re dad calls you out on something, just stay silent and nod because anything you say may in turn fuel his spiel. Ironic, but turn the other cheek. Might be harder for you to dissociate yourself, but think “this is a man I do not care for, nor his opinions so to hell with whatever he says” and perhaps the words that come out of his mouth will be just that: words.

Lol I think I have a higher tolerance for carcinogens than most, I just don’t like NSFW when big brother is watching OWo

Canadians

I think a lot of people would leave that discord

Not exactly a meeting of the minds

Firstly, I want to apologize for the suck ass situation you’re in. Shit hurts and life is tough.

Secondly, I want to say that your dad is treating you wrong from my impression of your story. That is not how Christians act.

I’ve been in a similarly shitty situation. I actually lived in a teenage homeless shelter for about two weeks because I had nobody to turn to and wasn’t welcome in my parent’s house.

I’d love to talk about this off the forums if you’re able. PM me on discord and I can give you my personal cell number so we can text, or we can stick to discord.

I’m going to remember that until I die

I’m happy for you.

Yes, I graduated a year early.

I’ve been aware of that from the start, I’ve explained it before too.
As a kid most punishment was physical but I actually believed I was wrong, then I grew up and around 2-3 years ago I realized he was the one who’s wrong, but then a year later I realized it’s better to lay low than confront him about it. But in order to not explode, I’ll rant to my friend and online.
Hierophant is fairly tame, I could’ve called him worse. :unamused:
But for the most part, our mindset is the same. Trust me.

The Beach Zone incident was a result of keeping quiet instead of letting people know how I felt, and for the most part it’s unrelated. I’ve taken actions on ridding myself of impulsive decisions and so far it’s working. But it’s another long story of it’s own I don’t want to dig up.

Sometimes I’m forced to talk and he reacts poorly if my answer seems too dismissive. In a nutshell I just try to avoid him if I don’t need to get something done.

Hierophant might be a strange word, but wth is a carcinogen? lol

It does, but I’ve dealt with it for years. I’ll deal as long as it takes.
It’s also reassuring to know that not all Christians behave this way.
I used to live in a church for two years around my pre-teen years, it was pretty dark times. I can somewhat relate.

I’d be obliged, if I’m not working I’m almost always on discord. I’m in a better mood than from two days ago though, so it’d be nice to focus on that Instead of more doom and gloom

Anything (substance, etc…) that increases your risk of getting cancer significantly.

lmao

A real Christian supports others and cares for their well being.
Sounds like your dad doesn’t do that.
You’re a great person SoloSen.
Don’t give up.
Find the light.
I hope this helps.
:slight_smile:

just saw this topic, sorry i couldn’t reply earlier.

well idk what to say. “keep going” or “get help” doesn’t really help that much anymore when there are 40 replies before me saying pretty much that. all i can really say is that we’ll be here for you when you need support, and i hope that we can help when that time comes again.

Since your dad raises your stress levels by a factor of over 9000, I would classify him as a carcinogen.

My hair has been falling out a lot recently, luckily baseball caps exist.

I know it’s the end of summer now, but one job that could be good for you if you still need one next summer is working at a scout camp. A few things sound like they would fit with you.
Even though it doesnt pay much (maybe a couple hundred a week, so not too bad but more hours), it is an opportunity for you to spend time away from your father for at least a week at a time, or maybe just the whole summer. The housing is included for staff.
You also get food included if you are working there, could help you with your diet.
You would pretty much save most of the money that you earn, because food is taken care of and housing is taken care of.
So if you need a job next summer still, look into that.

Also, that sounds like a bad situation, I’m sorry dude. You are awesome for doing your best to deal with it, and shoutout to your friend. They are awesome too.