Realm Eyeclopedia

This is a visualization of what I would imagine for an in-game menu that allows you to look at boss and enemy descriptions and stat pot drops. I know that the actual Realm Eye wiki exists, but I thought that this could be just a bit more convenient for those who don’t want to tab out of the game to recall a stat pot drop. Plus, it’d be nice to have more detailed pixel art of bosses, enemies, and dungeon locations in a relegated space that would otherwise clash with the simpler pixel art of most sprites. I’m no graphic designer, so feel free to leave feedback on the organization and art of this, although I mostly wanted to literally illustrate my idea.

Realm%20Eyeclopedia

I don’t see it happening. The problem is it would be a massive amount of work for something that at best would be a poor copy of RealmEye.

I mean they already have it for items, which have descriptions when you mouse over them in e.g. your inventory. And it’s a mess. As items have gotten more complex with bonuses, set bonuses, conditional bonuses (such as if another item is equipped), toggles (where you can switch between modes) the descriptions have grown so they don’t fit, even if you hold down ctrl.

You have to go to RealmEye to see the full description. And RealmEye has things the gqme never has. Mathematical formulae to more precisely specify varying values. Descriptions which can run to a few paragraphs with history, comparisons and advice on use. Links to related items including all of the same set + type.

Also RealmEye errors can be fixed quickly. In-game errors can persist for months if not years.

This isn’t a concept that I made expecting it to get in the game. This is just wishful thinking that I wanted to realize while also practicing art and understanding RotMG’s UI better. I never included item drops in here. The sole focus is on dungeon enemies and bosses for lore tidbits and notes on which enemies drop what stat pots. Also, I forgot to mention it earlier, but this idea was heavily inspired by Enter the Gungeon’s Ammonomicon. Not a necessary or high-priority feature that I strongly want added, just a cool way to quickly learn lore and stat pot drops without necessarily having to go to the Realm Eye (NPC or website) for it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.