Realm has become unplayable for me, am I screwed or can I fix this with settings?

Hi, I play on rotmg.com (chrome, safari never loads) on my mac, and my game is all over the place. There’s nothing wrong in nexus, but when I enter the realm or any dungeon, there are black tiles everywhere, obstacles dissapear, and monsters lag (not rubberbanding, but cease movement and then teleport to the spot they moved to in real time). This usually happens after I move/teleport off the beach, and nothing seems to help. I play on the lowest quality, I disable all enemy hit particles/ally hit particles and projectiles, chat bubbles and quest portraits, everything I can think of that may add stress on my comp. I exclusively play on my best server, but it doesn’t make a difference. My wifi is great for every online game but realm.

Do any of you know something I can do that will allow me to play? I just came back from a 2 year absence, having no previous issues with my mac, and I find this extremely frustrating. Please help.

Try using adobe flash player. Runs great for me. The link to all the directions should be here:

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/using-the-adobe-flash-projector

There are also YouTube videos if you find this hard to follow. Best of luck and if this doesn’t work then I don’t know how to help you. :wink:

I can only second what LAAMAS wrote: I gave up on Browsers long ago, and now use Flash Projector on Mac.

Chrome uses Pepper Flash which seems to handle memory oddly, so it loads stuff very close to you: lots of black squares. Firefox has various compatibility problems. Safari used to be OK but got worse over a couple of OS upgrades so it became unusable with horrible lag.

I followed the directions that Laamas linked me to and all that happened was an adobe window popped up after about a minute of loading and it said error. Now theres a black screen in the projector, but the rotmg music is playing. I’m a little confused lol

In all my years of using flash player I’ve never had this issue. Try restarting flash player. If that doesn’t work restart your computer. If it isn’t still having that issue re-copy the link into flash player and try it with the “new one”. Hope this helps.

Flash “opens” but there is nothing open until I open the realmeye file as well, which then causes the flash player to open rotmg with black screen saying "error, unable to load language"
I haven’t had a place to copy the link yet

When flash is open it should be white in a rectangle shape. At the top left it should say file. Click that and click add and copy the link that realmeye gives you into that place. Then click that and flash player should automatically resize to the size that you play realm on. Try that.

Ah, my brother had this problem before. It has something to do with your cookies. There’s a thread that explains Ccleaner somewhere…

Edit:

Good luck!

I’m not getting a white or black screen lol. I get an invisible screen until I open the realmeye file, and then I get a rotmg error screen.

The D’oh missing language error, right? The thread that I posted here was what I did. I don’t know if it’ll fix your issue, but It certainly might. Better than nothing, right?

Is your net jitter higher than normal (means above 50 or so)?
If yes then its either the server or your internet connection.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.