Realm Requirements

So what I was thinking was instead of having a few realms that everyone could join, have a few realms where you can only join a specific one or two.

Basically how this would work is something like this:
Realm 1: Only 0/8’s
Realm 2: Only 1/8 - 3/8’s
Realm 3: Only 4/8 - 6/8’s
Realm 4: Only 7/8 - 8/8’s

Edit: New Version
This idea was from a comment below by @BaraBlazer, thanks! :smiley:

Players would be split into realms according to how many potions they have drunk.

Wis, Spd, and Dex would be 2 points each for each potion drunk.
Vit, Att, and Def would be 4 points each for each potion drunk.
Mana and Life would be 10 points each for each potion drunk.

If you have:
0 - 50 points = You go into Realm 1
51 - 200 points = You go into Realm 2
201 - 350 points = You go into Realm 3
351 - 550 points = You go into Realm 4
551 - 700 points = You go into Realm 5
Above 700 points = You go into Realm 6

We have 6 realms here which might be a bit too much, so if the server had under 3 x 85 = 255 people there would be 3 servers (each realm would be 2 realms condensed, for example Realm 1 in a server with under 255 people would be Realm 1 + Realm 2 (0 - 200 points)). If the server had under 85 people there would only be 1 server.

To prevent those with higher and lower rolls from getting an unfair selection, if you max any stat, the points allocated to that stat will automatically change to the default. For example the default max value points for a stat would be [(max base value of your stat) - (average value of that stat)] x 2 (for example if it was a Knight, the dex stat would give you (50 - 29) x 2 = 42 points.

This way, the points you could get is for a Warrior is Life (210) + Mana (120) + Def (100) + Att (124) + Vit (144) + Wis (42) + Spd (48) + Dex (42) = 830

I haven’t done all the maths for the other classes but I imagine that all 8/8’s would be in the last realm.

Using this way, you can’t just make a char 1 pot maxed from each stat without being moved into a higher number Realm.

There could be more than one of each realm if the realm is full so that everybody could get in. How you would tell which realm was which would be something like this: For example you have a “Realm 3” for 201 - 350 point players, and it was called “Medusa”. The name of the realm would then be called “Medusa [3]”.

I believe that this would help a lot of players to get more and compete for more loot, basically make the game more fair for those who are tired of running to a cube god and having it steamrolled by 8/8’s with pixies and dbows.

Hope you like this idea, feel free to comment and give suggestions!

People would stay 0/8 yet be 1 potion away from maxing every stat and they’d join Realm 1.

Yeah I considered that but I thought that not many people would do this as they want the label of 8/8 so the amount of people who do this would be small, and also even if there were people who did that it would still be a big improvement from the current situation… right?

It could possibly be an improvement. Would I be forced into Realm 3 if I was 6/8? Also, I don’t think it would make sense to have 4 realms in a dormant server. Some realms would have less than 5 people at night and I assume a lot of new players want to be in more populated realms.

Yeah, maybe if there are under 85 players on the server it could condense the realms and relax these requirements?

In my opinion it should be on fame based. Something like:
0-500 fame Realm 1
501-1000 fame Realm 2
etc.

Yeah that could work too but imo my version’s better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I propose using number of pots left to max in points:
Group 1: Wis, Spd, Vit. Worth 1 point for each left to max.
Group 2: Dex, Atk, Def. Worth 2 points for each left to max.
Group 3: Life, Mana. Worth 3 points left to max.

up to 120 points left to max: restricted to Realm 3
up to 240 points left to max: restricted to Realm 3 and Realm 2
the rest can go to any realm.

Of course, this limits to only 3 realms than your idea. How 'bout this?

and that’s, how you make private train realm

lowkey 1 to max on everything on a jugg crown warrior

I’m making a variation of this and making it into my original post. I’ve changed how the thing works, but thanks for the inspiration! :wink:

So I just updated the thing, giving a new idea for the Realm reqs. Feel free to comment on suggestions for how many points for each of each potion drunk gives, as well as point requirements for realms.

Nice idea… I guess? Doubt Deca has the resources to even consider implementing it at the moment though.

its not a bad idea in the form that it lets similar level players getting to play together

###but

• you would not be able to get level assists as high ranking
  • you will have literally no way of chosing realms, I would have to jump servers to get optimal sizes, I like the 20-50 realms
  • too many realms, we usually only get 1-3 realms right now
  • this could turn into a segregation possibly, ik its kinda a long stretch, but the “noobs” will be like, "oh I want to be in the realm with pros like GZHD and etc.
  • Pros don’t get to help noobs, things like GZHD’s hobo feeding would be a pain b/c he would have get a noob character to enter those realms, but those I doubt even have backpacks.

One of the original design foundations was that people shouldn’t be separated from their friends. There’s no reason to make the game any less cooperative, and I think the system you presented here is needlessly complicated.

While I like this system, it’s a system that is used among many video games (segregation of players based off of some requirement: level, power rank, points, fame, etc.).

However, the problem with implementing this into RotMG is that this game isn’t large. There is simply not enough people playing this game to allow so many server and such a level of segregation.

Honestly I like the idea, this would offer more pros than cons in my opinion, and most of the fame bonuses it would interfere with need to be revamped anyway. But it’s simply a matter of how many people play this game. If there were several thousands more playing some type of segregation would be nice.

Now that I think about it… it does seem a bit too overcomplicated and does seem to generate some negative effects

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.