Remake of Mystic and Warlock class idea

Hello there.

I was thinking long about posting this idea, but finally decided.

As we all know, mystic is the least played class in the game, due tho low stats and almost useless staisis. Curse is good, but u need to aim well to curse and not staisis enemies, so in most runs mystics arent allowed, such as LH.

So now i ask, why not split Mystic into 2 class?
Original mystic would get total rework, changing ability to something more useful and totally different from staisis. Im not saying to remove staisis from game, but staisis should be left for UT/ST orb, which would be very situational. General idea is to make new buff, maybe clairvoyance or something similar, increasing mana regen similar to pally seal and priest book, bur obviously at lower rate. Higher tiers would make time longer and range larger. It would be great for countering dungeons with pet staisis, but also would need tactic, to not waste ur whole mana, cuz cost should be high.

New class would be Warlock.
Warlock would be using robe and wands, and his spell would be VooDoo doll. VooDoo dolls effect would be identical to current orbs, but without staisis. Just curse and berserk on Shaman. His stats should be similar to Sorcerer, but with higher wisdom.

For now this is just raw idea. If u guys will like it, i can prepare some sprites and numbers, but for now i want to know what u guys think about this.

PS. sorry for bad english, im trying my best.

I really like the mystic class and even though it is hard to use, stasis can be the most OP status effect in the game if used correctly (sadly trolls use it incorrectly and have given both the status effect and class a bad name, which is the reason for it being unpopular)
A correctly used mystic can be nearly unstoppable and able to solo rush any dungeon, clean shatters and tombs (the mystic is the Great Janitor) and can lay out high dps with curse, not to mention most bosses are stasis resistant and can be cursed while their minions remain stasised.
Thus I would sort of despise this rework because it would split my favorite class in half.

I know there are people who like current mystic, but i still think that accidentaly staisising one mob in situations with many ppls like lh can make mayhem and it should be changed

Accidentally paralyzing Limon can kill you, so what?

Edit: @Xaklor’s response must be huge if he has been typing this long

Low stats or not, mystic is the only class that can apply two different statuses that both boost dps. As a result, mystic is far more powerful than most people think, even more powerful than wizard in some cases. Mana regen on the other hand is a baffling combination of both uninteresting and overpowered. It turns everyone except you into an op ability spamming juggernaut of destruction, knights perma stun at low pet levels, priests and paladins become immortal, wizard and sorcerer spew magical destruction all over the screen nonstop, etc.

Actually I’m just typing it on a phone sry

Mana healer

First off you didn’t post any sprites or stats. Also mystic is stupidly strong. You have the ability to just say “Nope” stasis then go run. I’ve never maxed a wizard from the ground up. But I did a mystic. It’s really easy to just say “Well I’ve been stupid time to stasis then get out.”

TLDR: Mystic is really strong

Warlocks don’t tend to use VooDoo dolls to be honest, you should name it the Witch Doctor or Shaman or sometjing along the lines of those origins.

Stop hating on the mysthicc. It’s the best class.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.