Ringleader class

warrior11warrior01warrior12

The Ring Leader is generalist class capable of almost anything. By wearing different masks she takes on the skills and abilities of her circus troupe, making it a very versatile class.

The ringleader uses:
Katanas - Masks - Robes - Rings

Max Stats:
HP 600 - MP 275 - ATK 50 - DEF 20 - SPD 70 - DEX 50 - VIT 70 - WIS 70
Base Stats:
HP 150 - MP 100 - ATK 10 - DEF 0 - SPD 25 - DEX 10 - VIT 20 - WIS 20

Right off the bat you’ll notice the stats are abysmally low. However each mask fills in these gaps making the ringleader feel like a completely different class depending on your choice of gear. This makes it a very strong early game class, yet much weaker later game compared to other classes.

warrior21 - T0
Unpainted Mask: "A generic face for a lacking performance"
On equip: +5 def, +10 hp.
While held drains 30mp a sec for +5 def, +1 atk, +1 dex, and +1 spd on self
50mp heals group mp by 10 within 5 tiles. No cooldown.

warrior22 - T1
Mask of the Knife Juggler: "A good knife juggler never hits their target"
On equip: +5 def, +20hp, +10 atk, +15 dex, -25 vit, +5 spd.
55mp throws three knives in a 25 degree arc that do 120-230 damage and travel 10 tiles
Additionally heals party for 15mp within 6 tiles. Cooldown 2 seconds.

warrior30 - T2
Mask of the Mute: " … "
On equip: +140 hp, +15 atk, +10 dex, -5 spd, -150mp.
50mp stuns and dazes all enemies within 3 tiles for 3 seconds.
Additionally inflicts quiet on self.

warrior31 - T3
Mask of the Funambulist: "You’re very aware of your center of gravity, you feel unstoppable"
On equip: +20 hp, +4 def, +10 spd, -5 dex, + 20 atk,
while held 35 mp a second for speedy on self.
60mp teleport to cursor.

warrior71 - spider den white
Mask of the Escape Artist: "A risky act that has lead to the deaths of many performers"
On equip: +50 hp, +10 def, +3 dex, +6 atk
85 mp, on use grants speedy and invisibility on self for 4 seconds. Additionally grants darkness on self for 7 seconds. Additionally heals party for 20mp within 6 tiles. Cooldown of 15 seconds.

warrior41 - T4
Mask of the Fire Breather: "The trick is to not actually breathe in the fire"
On equip: +60 hp, +10 def, +20 dex, +5 atk, -10 spd
150 mp a second: shoots 6 projectiles in a 2 degree arc that deal 50-200 purple damage. Projectiles go through obstacles and can hit multiple targets. Projectiles travel 3.5 tiles. No cooldown. On release heals party for 20 mp within 8 tiles.

warrior60 - sprite world white
Mask of the Contortionist: "Some of the poses these performers take are nothing sort of grotesque"
On equip: +15 hp, +2 dex, +2 atk, -2 spd.
80mp a second for slowed and armored on self.
On release heal group for 30 hp and 10 mp within 10 tiles.

warrior42 - puppet theater cyan
Mask of the Harlequin: "Quite nimble and full of tricks, the harlequin is everyone’s favorite act"
On equip: +50 hp, +10 def, +17 dex, +10 atk, +5 spd, +10 vit
70mp randomly uses the effect of any other ability in the game. Additionally heals party for 20mp within 2 tiles.

(alterntively: 95mp throw out a stationary decoy to the cursor. The decoy explodes after 3 seconds dealing 250-350 damage to all enemies within 1.5 tiles, inflicts 1 second of daze as well)

warrior51 - T5
Mask of the Comedian: "Hee he, haa ha, hoo ho, so funny"
On equip: +100 hp, +10 def, +4 dex, +10 atk, +20 vit
75mp heals party for 101 hp within 6 tiles. Grants party damaging within 3 tiles.
While held drains 45mp a second, party within 7 tiles has healing. On release inflicts paralyze to self for .5 seconds.

warrior52 - T6
Mask of the Sword Swallower: "This act requires intense concentration to not skewer yourself horribly"
On equip: +20 hp, +20 def, -15 spd, +5 dex, +25 atk, -20 vit.
While held drains 90mp a second, on self grants invulnerability, paralyze, stun, sick. On release inflicts on self for 2s sick, daze, confuse, slow, and unstable. Additionally on release heals party within 7 tiles for 70 hp.

There would also be mundane masks that have no purpose beyond stats (which I couldn’t think of any fitting designs for.

for example:

t6 Mask of the Strongman: +100 hp, +15 def, +30 atk, -5 spd, -100 wis, -100mp

t5 Mask of the Acrobat: +250 hp, +25 dex, +3 atk, +20 spd, -100 mp.

cyan ut Mask of the Side Show: -200hp, +30 def, +10 dex, +10 def, -5 spd, +50 vit, -100 wis, -100mp

t3 Mask of the Fortune Teller: +66 wis, +13 spd, +7 def

Wait! You’ve confused me! Does this have 2 t6 abilities? Why do all the tired masks do completely different things so I can’t tell which one is best apart from having the tier number next to it? Do all masks have a “on hold” affect? Do all masks have an “on release” effect?

But silence removes all MP, so then you have no MP left.

Never bother to read

Too messy

Please make it somewhat more convenience to read

this essentially just gives it a cooldown. Just give it a cooldown? I think this is a little harsh… even if thematically enjoyable.

I guess this is to stun everything, then daze the few enemies that cant be stunned? That works but most of the time (godlands) everything will just be stunned. This is cool tho because it gives the user an excuse to go deep, surrounding themselves with gods just to stun them all and farm. But then with the quiet (read: cooldown) you can never perma stun anything with this class.

there are definitely better times to teleport and better times to run very fast. But it is a little odd to have both things on an item because you would probably just be teleporting repeatedly instead of running fast almost every time. A teleport can get you way farther in 60 mp than two seconds of running for 70 mp. So to conserve MP over distance its just better teleporting. So its really just a t0 prism that gives 10 speed and 20 attack… hmmm

This would be good but you put the healing on it. Why would you put the healing on it? Its not themed its just a random effect thrown on and it totally unbalances the item. Honestly if you just remove the healing its a very good item i think. Seem very fair, even over the top because when invisible no enemies can see you either unless you can see them so the invisibility is almost unnecessary, but it doesn’t even matter. Without the healing that’s a very good drop from a low tier dungeon. Could be somewhat of a bulwark. very rare and good but situational.

dude stop with the random healing im telling you its unnecessary. when you say “purple damage” I assume you mean armor piercing… okay. seems a little op but im not gonna sweat it. +20 dex???

this is actually pretty cool. Not extreme stats for once. 80 mp a second is like a lot so you would only get 2-4 seconds tops. the heal makes a little more sense but the mp heal is very cool so what if you did only mp heal and like 100. +100 mp heal on release because then it wouldn’t always be useful (something that a sprite white should be) but could be extremely useful on occasion.

Oooooh this is much better than the other one, and much more realistic for the game too. The daze really makes this dope and honestly it could be a white bag I think because you don’t need to potentially risk yourself with the teleport its easy to use. dude 17 dex?

this is pretty fine, but feels like a seal to me. The other ability is interesting because more heals for longer. If you replaced the weird paralyze with slowing them the entire time while held then it could be more balanced?

sorry dude this is a complete mess. 20 def 25 attack - 20 vit? just like why? 90 mp per second means that you could have a solid 4 maybe 5 seconds of invuln with the right set. That’s op as fuck. Also just not a mechanic that should be in the game i think. I can see so much trolling and bullshit and bugs and idk. this really needs a rework.

so you mean they would have 0 wis…??? how would they be able to regen mp??? not everyone has pets in this game dude you gotta remember. Actually idk is 0 wis just a minimum idk maybe im wrong but i hope not blargh.

anyway its actually very well thought out and i like the design but these are my biggest gripes

670 hp 252 mp 50 atk 25 def 75 spd 50 dex 75 vit 75 wis
plox

The massive stat boosts for the abilities are to supplement what the class is missing, and to give it a different play style depending on what tier mask you’re wearing. Each max stat is much lower than the average robe class, and she sports the lowest def of any character maxing out at 20 which is pretty jank for a robe user. So if something gives +15 atk, you’re only going to have about 65 with max stats which is still very low for a maxed character.

The random healing is a bit over the top, in my head it was like ‘That was a cool performance, I enjoy that. I’m inspired and full of vigor now!’. Kind of like a DnD bard. Kind of a stretch though so I’ll give you that.

For the escape artist the darkness is to prevent using it to rush. It’s good for an emergency get away, but if you get stuck on top of an enemy in a late game dungeon like cdepths or shatters you’re as good as dead when the enemies surprise load on top of you. Though if you’re invisible you can see the enemies without them attacking you provided you’re close enough to them.

The massive wis/mp debuffs for the mundane abilities are to keep you from abusing them by constantly swapping between ability and mundane type masks, with the exception of the mask of the fortune teller which is specifically for quick MP regen at the cost of your offensive and defensive abilities.

For the mask of the sword swallower, I feel it is secretly one of the weaker masks. When used you cannot move, heal, or attack, making you nothing but a temporary wall. Coming out of the invincibility will also greatly cripple you with more sick along with a bunch of movement hindering debuffs. Finally because of the sick, you can’t even heal yourself with it. A puri priest is nigh useless as well since the debuffs get added every second of use. TP invincibility also makes any trolling you can do with this do nothing more but risk your character getting killed.

Any other weirdness is just fun aesthetics. The self paralyze (which is only after key is released, not when held) from comedian is like you’re keeling over from laughing at your own jokes. The quite on the mask of the mute while useless I think is pretty silly.

Mask of the funambulist is a good example of this aesthetic oddness. It’s like you’re trapeze’ing around it. Thus the speed boost that ends in a teleport. Though traditionally a funambulist is a high wire walker, it’s more catchy than ‘mask of the trapeze guy’. Also, I’m pretty sure ninja star takes a tick of run mana before throwing the star, even if you don’t run, thus the teleport is actually 95mp assuming the masks would also have that issue in game.

A class that doesn’t have a distinct playing style is a bad class. A jack of all trades is never good in rotmg.

hmmmm sounds like a vitality boost not a healing one. a boost of like 30 vit would kinda be cool.

hate to break it to you but darkness really doesn’t stop people from rushing.

ok ok cool… but what happens to a character with 0 wis… they just cant regen? so do you expect people to take off the mask to regen mp? especially when the mask gives them so many crucial stat points.

i completely agree. It sorta sucks. But on the other hand 5 seconds of invuln is very op, but on the other hand nobody would ever use it because of the random mess of negative effects. I would say wash this whole idea tbh. you can do something with invuln but it should never be able to be extended past 2 mayyyyyyyybe 3 seconds. idk

everything else is still the same.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.