Rotmg crashing computer

• Windows 10
  • Flash Player Projector
  • Flash projector 30

Whenever I try to play rotmg, after a few minutes of playing my pc just locks up and I need to restart to do anything. I’ve tried reinstalling flash projector and the client several times, and I’ve tried closing everything else in the background except for flash projector. These crashes only happen when I play rotmg. Is there anything I can do?

Not a lot of info you’ve given us; for all we know you could have a 30 year old hard drive that doesn’t work properly

I’m using a Samsung EVO SSD 465 GB, a NVIDA GTX 960, and an AMD 8350 processor.

Get a new computer ?

Are you positive its only realm?

Well, that’s not a laptop, which is typically the most common problem (overheating).

Have you tried flash player v18?

Also, try to upgrade your video drivers in case that may be the culprit. Flash does try to use your gfx system for hardware acceleration.

By 8350; I believe that you are using an AMD FX-8350.

@Doc If he’s using the stick cooler then yes, the 8350 may have thermal issues especially if he’s living in a hot environment

@OPmaniac does this happen when playing other games?

That CPU is severely outdated, completely removes all boosts that your GPU/SSD is giving.

I have a Phenom II 1090, and it works just fine with an SSD and R9 gfx card. His setup and mine are both way more than RotMG needs.

Really? Wasn’t aware that such an old processor would still be viable. Alas, the antiquity of flash…

I even played on a old laptop that was a Core2Duo at like 1.6ghz, built in GPU, and 3 GB ram. Didn’t max out FPS but definitely playable.

Heck, some people use their school chromebooks.

Using the older flash player seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.