ROTMG Raiding is a very boring experience

Thats quite a lie, sure back before o3 got easier to access id say sure, but now? I see pub runs every 7-8 realms, which isnt a lot, but far from unfeasable. The few times Ive crashed a discord run, intentional or not, it took much longer than the pub runs did, even if there was less risk. With the exception of void, due to pub runs being near impossible to set up, every exaltation dungeon is very much doable without discords. itll take more time, but theres more game to enjoy there.

Again, outside of void, this doesnā€™t really ring true. Call a dungeon before an event dies in a realm, and chances are at least 1 other person, if not 3 or 4, will tag along to run it. Besides, discords are really not the best way to really face a boss. Sure, grtting there and doing it is easy enough, but you get handheld the whole battle, someone calling orders around, buffs and heals everywhere. Doing pub runs actually trains you to react and learn a boss, rather than only dodge what you urgently need to and tank the rest.

As a side note, I donā€™t use any discords. In the brief time I did, they had next to no enjoyment, even when I hit a good drop. Doing pub runs is soo much more exciting and enjoyable, even if they are less often successful.

This can take hours (and isnā€™t consistent, especially outside of summer/break months)

No one enters fungal and crystal caverns (very very hard to do), very little people enter public nests (is doable, i agree), shatters gets dirty quite quick (not easily doable but doable),

Me calling fungal cavern in a completely full realm would disagree. Me calling nest in a completely full realm would disagree. Me calling lost halls in a completely full realm would disagree. Me calling Shatters in a completely full realm would sometimes disagree. I did not particularly like soloing fungal. Doing 75x of every exaltation dungeon is completely unfeasible to do outside of discords, especially for someone who has a life

I respect that you are one of the only consistent people in this thread, and you should play the game how you enjoy it. I will say tho, doing nests with a few people are exciting, without the good dps, stuns, slows, e.t.c, so I would agree with you there

Other than Pallyā€™s hp buff, fungal tomes are rare in discords, so a discord run could train you quite well. With Ic/ooc and nerfs, its not viable to do this anymore

This may just be a server thing. As a USMW2 native, there are very few times any dungeon goes empty. Hell, in the brief 30-40 minutes I played today, I nearly duoed a fungal on my priest alongside an unmaxed rogue with a t10 swagger (ate a line of boomerangs from child while low on mp, probs couldve stayed but didnt want to dice it).

Honestly part of my view is still a bit tainted by pre Vital Combat, but even then the only heavy nerf I really saw was puri (no longer a group-centric item). Beyond that a handful of priests, especially with fungy tome can carry quite a bit.

Overall, I still stamd by my points of discords draining the fun and challenge from the game, but Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m still a bit biased from pre-Vital Combat.

Osanc is my favorite raid server. the RLs are kind and actually will help out newer players.

I wasnā€™t referring to rushing when I said the dungeon was brain dead. Although, shatters switch rushing is pretty brain dead on mystic or trickster with mist.

Rushing is what I do to have fun in discord raids. Doing Vet fungals and having only a few rushers go in the crystal cavern really speeds up the run. But most of the time having a group of vets just turns the dungeon into a braindead grind- like look at O3 with a competent group. He canā€™t even shoot half the time. We have things down to a formula now and it is so boring to run through it time and time again. There is variety with pub runs

Goodluck trying to get an item you want or exalt through pub runs though. They are much more fun, but it takes ages to find the dungeon you want

Woah now, firstly Iā€™m just explaining that Discords is the only way to have these things done efficiently but that doesnā€™t mean because itā€™s more efficient, itā€™s the preferred route by everyone, ya know?

Itā€™s more of a preferred choice because who wants to run around every Realm waiting for a Lost Sentry to spawn to do a slow Pub Halls?

Every game has a flow to it and because I usually do a PPEā€™s, thereā€™s a natural flow in progression over time and it doesnā€™t take very long to max your character and gather better gear, am I wrong?

Once youā€™re past getting mid to high tier gear and UTā€™s accessible withinā€™ Realms alone, you eventually have to progress into these harder dungeons that are usually a lot less frequent to come across, right?

So now, obviously a person doesnā€™t wanna spend hours per day looking for Pub Halls when that progress and flow is suddenly slower than ever.

Also if youā€™re an average player, the accessibility to doing Marble Colossus is little to none especially if itā€™s a Pub Halls.
Anybody that joins it is obviously going to do Cult cause thatā€™s far easier.
On top of this, how many Pub Halls does a void? -.-

And tbh, soloing Marble Colossus is much more of a risk than a reward other than bragging rights that youā€™re good enough to do that.

What Iā€™m trying to explain here is that in general, you have no choice to be either in a Discord or a Guild that does these Organized runs and they can be hard to access.

Examples.
Slow internet
If you have bad internet and horrible connection, trying to join the server the Raid Leader calls out as you try to get into the Bizarre on time is usually a set up for inaccessibility.
Immediate Fullness of Discord Run
If you arenā€™t fast enough to click when the chat room opens up, it sometimes gets full almost instantaneously and that sucks. Youā€™re basically out of luck and have to wait a hot minute until another one opens.
Guild Requirements
Usually average players canā€™t get to join these Guilds that expect a lot out of you, high requirements, a certain amount of 8/8 classes and experience in certain Endgame dungeons.
DISCLAIMER: Iā€™m not saying all Guilds are like this, I just havenā€™t been fortunate to join any high ranking Guilds that do LH runs or O3 runs in that sense so correct me if Iā€™m wrong. :slight_smile:

O3 Discords are a WHOLE other ball-game.
Still havenā€™t gotten my foot through the door and the Discords to join those are typically annoying from my experiences.
The wait time is even more abysmal than LHā€™s.
Itā€™s more of the inaccessibility to join the Realms because Players are usually joining it faster than I can even get into the server. Itā€™s pretty aggravatingā€¦ :confused:

On top of this, just think of how stressful it can be on New Players just trying to progress. Once the flow of the game is halted, the enjoyment of the game becomes little to none. Once you realize no one is doing Public LHā€™s (If they do, itā€™s ALWAYS a Cult) and O3ā€™s are just a whole other matter and topic. It becomes a very rough experience for new comers.

*Armies of autoclickers *

CLICKS INTENSIFY

I click really fast and I donā€™t sop till I get in. Try it

So this is why raiders are so sweaty, they donā€™t use soap till they get in.

whatā€™s discord on computer Iā€™m forced to use phone discord for raids. No clicks for me, just taps -_-

Please actually ask players who just look around for o3ā€™s or just set up public runs before just lumping o3ā€™s into this problem. It takes time, but you can generally find 1-2 realms where someone pops an o3 for free, without the use of a discord. Sure, its considered scummy if you go in when youā€™re specifically asked to stay out, but excluding those runs, its entirely possible to completely rely on pub o3 runs to get your first complete. Heck, my first o3 complete was from a public run, so you really donā€™t need discord runs to get your first complete. Just DONā€™T BE AN ASSHOLE and hit counters and such when you didnā€™t pop the o3.

Honestly, if you donā€™t want to go into otherā€™s o3ā€™s for some reason, just set up public runs. Iā€™ve been doing this a couple times just by asking ā€œrune checkā€ in realm. Obviously, you want to have at least 1 rune in your inventory so that you donā€™t seem like a freeloader, but its completely possible to do this by just asking around.

Please stop acting as if pub o3ā€™s are completely impossible to find, all Iā€™m asking.

I never said it was impossible to find public ones, if I insinuated that, Iā€™m sorry.
Iā€™m simply stating that O3ā€™s a different topic when it comes down to Raids because of the time it takes to wait and the frequency in which youā€™re actually able to JOIN these runs without being left in the dust.

To be fair, Iā€™m just a bit fearful to do a Pub O3 because (off topic) I havenā€™t played the game ever since Exalt was released.
My best thought at first was to do Discord Raids of O3ā€™s.
Over time, Iā€™m slowly coming to the realization that itā€™s a better choice to just do Pub runs since those at least have higher chances of Players joining, which LHā€™s does not.

Public LHā€™s usually tend to be Cults and never Marble Colossus or Voids since itā€™s the easier option.
So yeah, O3ā€™s, you have a choice of which mini-boss you wanna face against but the end goal is still the same with O3 being the boss you inevitably have to face instead of how LH does it which is which boss you choose.

Wait. Ok. So you said
ā€œIā€™m just explaining that Discords is the only way to have these things done efficientlyā€

Then you said:
"but that doesnā€™t mean because itā€™s more efficient, itā€™s the preferred route by everyone, ya know?

okā€¦ then why do people do discords?

ā€œItā€™s more of a preferred choice because who wants to run around every Realm waiting for a Lost Sentry to spawn to do a slow Pub Halls?ā€

ā€¦ having organized key pops and organized dpsā€¦ is why it is efficient. that is the point of a discordā€¦ its to be efficient. if doing pub runs were faster, people would do themā€¦

do you not know what the word efficient means?

efficient: (especially of a system or machine) achieving maximum productivity with minimum wasted effort or expense.
its an adjective, a word from the english language

Alright
so you are mad that you have bad internet
that explains a lot of what you said

The trick to this it to time your clicks

All the biggest o3 discords have queue systems with bots, lowered player caps, and smaller but still public discords like Space Travel Defenders usually dont have a full vc. Not really a whole other ball-game. In fact, because people just like you had complaints, queue systems were made so everyone could access o3 easily.

thatā€™s not a problem anywhere other than pub halls

just tell the rl that, most of the time theyā€™ll be pretty accomodating

still gotta agree with you the progress dramatically spikes if you use discords as a new player, most of the time the people that do pub exaltations learned to do them in the first place from discords

Ngl after thinking out of the box with this concept I somewhat think I have a general idea to the problem with this.

Hear me out, this might be wrong but I think it gives some room thought. Rotmg dungeons, arenā€™t long and/or complex enough for raiding. Most raids until Shatters Rework (I know that will transform raiding), really are just. Stand together, shoot, raid leader calls out something, you follow and 90% of the time they are simple instructions. Thereā€™s not some really precise are hard mechanics you have to do in a dungeon, especially for the amount of players who donā€™t like raiding/prefer soloing or pubs.

With more in-depth mechanics such as the New Shatters Reworkā€™s Giant Knight Guardian in the first area, it splits open more grouped parties where as more ā€œScattered Rushesā€ the giant would have little to no impact. If we look at Realm rn its justā€¦
Nest - Shoot and stay with group
Lost Halls - Shoot and stay with group until a crusade comes out of nowhere or spooky boi
Fungal - Stay with the group
O2 - Rush and then beat up Oryx
O3 - Stay in a group, drag and kill every enemy.

Debatably old shatters was the only dungeon that wasnā€™t ā€œBrute force your way completely through the dungeonā€ when it came to raids. A good chunk of it is rushable unlike most end-game dungeons.

Conclusion:
If Iā€™m being honestā€¦ I have no idea where Iā€™m going with this, Iā€™m just thinking out of the box.

STD gang :smiley: neebly and xcom are the best and xaw always talks about armpit hair

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.