Samurai (update 4 sprite poll/rocket sprites)

Yes, sorry, I misunderstood. I see what you mean now. Yes, you could absolutely daze everything, run in, and destroy monsters. With any armor. [quote=“XSpinATKx, post:35, topic:6407”]
Wrong. It lacks the dps of a ninja.
[/quote]

While that is true, I still believe that, while maybe not a direct upgrade on ninja, this class still does a shit ton of damage with a Doku or any other katana for that matter. With heavy armor it is a lot of damage with little risk, plus there is daze.

Yep, reread it, I get it now. It is absolutely broken with the ability, but if you played mundane, it wouldn’t be that OP. Makes sense. Sorry if I misread or didn’t understand a post. Happens more often than I would like.

I’m not sure if I want a sword or a katana on this class.

I can see why you guys have concerns @XSpinATKx @AnEcho. I believe it is not OP for a couple reasons. There is a reload time for the special ability making it impossible to spam. Second, sorry if my original post confused you, but the special ability only has daze starting at t3 and the daze does not exactly allow you to just walk in without fire. The daze reduces enemy rate of fire by 50%, so they are still firing just slower. If you still think its OP I could change it so that the daze effect is only on what the rocket hits, while the little explosions around it only do additional damage, but do not daze. Then there is now way you could just daze everything in sight, plus some if the bosses would be immune.

That was what I was going for so you have the trade off of doing less damage for that more defense. If you look at the charts the ninja already does around the same DPS as a knight, while the warrior and pally far exceed the ninja in DPS without their buffs. This is what Pfiffel came up with.

The samurai being the ninja without armor, because there is no addition dex or attack added with heavy armor. This is the DPS of the warrior and pally without their buffs also. If I brought the stats down much more this class would simply not be worth playing. Another reason why I believe the daze is a must is that the samurai doesn’t have as much speed to dodge and he needs to get within dagger range(with a doku) to get his dps.

If you take a look at each class in ROTMG, every class (with the exception of ninja) has at least 1 stat cap of 75. This doesn’t necessarily mean that the ninja doesn’t have low stats. The ninja has 3 stats with a cap of 70 and a 60 stat cap for speed. Taking a look the samurai’s current stats I think it should have a dex cap of at least 60 (actually, let’s just stop at 60). You could also maybe lower the vit down to 60 and bump the wis to 55 or 50.

That would defininetily make it more well rounded. Ok ill take all of this into consideration when I change the numbers up a bit. I was also thinking that his special ability would add a little attack starting at t3.

You lost me at the part where you put daze on a heavy armor class’ tiered ability

People who dont like to use this forum, why?

Okay, well do you think it would be better if their was only a daze on an UT rocket that is really rare?

sprite looks really unoriginal, looks like a knight combined with a darker warrior.

Ok, thanks good to know when I try and make another version.

Since I have no spriting skills at all, I found this sprite picture online.

not bad
work on shading?

lololol read what I said above dude

lol I know, I am just saying the final product for this idea should have better shading

Dont want to copy, but I like the idea.

Yeah maybe ill take a few things from this add my own twist and try to get some better shading.

You say it is unlocked by level 20 war and ninja? But to unlock ninja you need to level 20 warrior and rogue :P, I would say knight would fit better than warrior anyways being you are changing its ability to daze(pretty op to be on a tiered ability, we all already know that knight is already op to be able to stun the enemy on melee, especially since tiered katanas have 4.75 range and doku at 5.2) instead of stun.

this would be AWESOME

That should be impossible.

Add a cdown.

Ok yes I am trying to thinknof ways to improve right now. Thanks for thw input!

Thank you!!! I think so too, sorry I havnt responded in forever, I’m trying to work on a polished version of this rn.