Scepter of Astral Mist

####Scepter of Astral Mist

A scepter filled with the mists of far away stars.

(Please help me with names/descriptions)

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 95
  • Targets: 6
  • Damage: 690-(enemies hit*90)
  • Stat Bonus: +2SPD +2DEX
  • Fame Bonus: ERROR%
  • Feed Power: It ran away…

####Drops From:

• something that shoots at you

####More info
I was playing sorcerer and was thinking about what would make it more interesting to play, and this is the idea I came up with.

The more enemies that are hit with this scepter the more spread the damage is, it spans from 150 damage for 6 enemies ,to 600 damage for 1 enemy, due to the nature of a scepter it is more difficult to hit an enemy with 600 damage shot, because unseen enemies may also be targeted, taking the damage down significantly.

####Damage per Enemies Hit:

Enemies hit Damage on each enemy Total damage
1 600 600
2 510 1020
3 420 1260
4 330 1320
5 240 1200
6 150 900
Thanks to @Werbenja for the table.

Just a quick idea I came up with, feel free to recommend changes on anything here.

Edit 1: slightly lowered damage
Edit 2: changed damage scaling.

Scepter of Division (Sorcerer Scepter)

That 1000 damage ruined the idea for me…
Lower it to like, 400 - 700 or something (depending on what the highest Sorc rod is) or increase the MP needed.

I know that the one enemy is targeted this kinda balances it out, but to easy bypass it the Sorc could just get close to an enemy to hit the one they are directing at.

This is beyond overpowered.

While I see why you would do this, this is just too overpowered.

This is like a Doom Bow on steroids.

#Solutions * Change MP - Recommended: 200 * Add Cooldown * Change Damage Value from 1000 to 100-300. * Change Target Value from 6 to 1.

Well it would only be rare occasions where you would hit the 1000 damage mark, it is more likely that you would hit 4-5 enemies because of the nature of a scepter, doing 200-250 damage (1000 / 4). Being closer to an enemy doesn’t make ia scepter target only one enemy.

The damage done to enemies is 1000 divided by by however many enemies would be hit by the scepter, so for 5 enemies, each would receive 200 damage (the same as skybolts)

If the MP cost is 200 and the damage is 100-400 what’s the point of using it. I’d rather use a Scepter that is capable of doing high amounts of damage in one fell swoop.

Changed title from Sceptrt of Astral Mist>Scepter of Astral Mist

scepter sucks like hell
no offence

I don’t mind, that’s your opinion. But would you mind explaining what about it makes it suck.

if all targets hit, then it would do 166 dmg to 6 enemies oppose to a t6 doing 200 to 8 enemies
i get the purpose of the scepter though. it is only good if you hit 1 or 2 targets but with the scepter’s mechanics, it is very hard to only hit 1 or 2

Seems like a balanced really interesting item to me! good job.

Originally I was thinking of making the damage 1200 / Targets Hit, the reason I decided against i was to stop it being a direct upgrade from t6.

My suggestions:

Have the scepter target 7 enemies or reduce damage to 900. There are too many occasions where this would be a direct upgrade from T6 despite what you just said earlier about lowering from 1200/enemies.

Cut the +2 wisdom +2 vitality. I know this may sound like bad logic here, but I feel this scepter should be as little like the T6 as possible. Suggesting replace with +20 hp +20 mp instead of the current stat boosts.

My suggested drop point: Sprite World (Limon ofc)

Finally, I feel the scepter string (or whatever the link between the scepter and the target is called) should be a bright teal.

I LOVE the concept though.

I like it! It’s more useful for single targets but not multiple targets! might be a little too much damage maybe 850would be better because a sorcerer with a high MP heal can do 4000+ damage in bursts to a single target boss[quote=“ConsoleMC, post:3, topic:4175, full:true”]
This is beyond overpowered.

While I see why you would do this, this is just too overpowered.

This is like a Doom Bow on steroids.

Solutions

Change MP - Recommended: 200
Add Cooldown
Change Damage Value from 1000 to 100-300.
Change Target Value from 6 to 1.
[/quote]

i dont think you understand how this scepter works lol

But really how many single target bosses are there in the game?

Cdepths boss and shatters bosses.

Thanks for the help with some of the numbers, I might go with the 900 damage, for a nice and round 150 minimum damage.

I might change the stats, but I understand what you’re saying, but of course that’s not as high up in priority as balancing.

I’m not sure about limon as a drop location, limon already has lots of drops.

Teal sounds great! :slight_smile:

Let’s do the math here.

Just taking equips into consideration, max Mp on Sorc is 620 (max mana 385+Gsorc 55+Ub Mp 180), so with 85 Mp per use you’d be able to use this Scepter 7 times in a row. That’s 7 times 1k damage, without pets or consumables of any kind.

How many situations are there in the game where this would be OP? That is to say, how often can you face a boss alone, with either no trash mobs or trash mobs that are easy to keep away from the boss?

-Thessal

-Pyrr, Limoz and Ivory Wyvern

-Janus, O1 and O2

-Forgotten Sentinel and Forgotten King

-Gulpord

-Horrific Creation

-Lord of the Lost Lands

-Esben the Unwilling

-Puppet Master (Encore)

Yeah I think you get the point.

And if there’s more than 1 Sorc with this thing, that’d be even worse.

Not sure it works for Son of Arachna/Twilight Archmage, since even invulnerable enemies can be targeted by Scepters and those two are surrounded by invulnerable mobs.

Good point Also even O1, O2 are surrounded by targets.

not to mention that this is just the sorcerer’s ability, combined with the wand you would be doing as much damage as a warrior to some bosses. So yea curlip very nice concept just some balancing maybe lower the damage even more around the 600’s or something

They still have some phases (“If I see you I’ll kill you”, running phase with the grid of Quiet shots (since you can pull O1 far enough from what’s shooting those), last phase of O2) when they don’t have anything close to them and can be bursted down quickly.