Server lag issues

Almost all servers are too hard to play on because the servers are way too laggy even with a great connection

we know

I play often on a variety of different wifi networks and I rarely get any problems. Maybe that’s just me. Although there was that one time when USNW Medusa was lagging and Beholder wasn’t. @whoeverisqualified are realms handled as separate tasks/servers?

I clearly remember a time when in USW Djinn was lagging to shit (~60 people) and Medusa wasn’t (full realm). This means that realms are handled individually (they are the servers in a sense), and servers are just a cluster of realms.

@Epicnecros I belive this to be for the following reason:

Deca has x servers, each with y+z portals.
x is the # of servers, and y is the number of realms. the z stands for a constant, which is all the other non-realm portals off of the nexus (tinkerer, cloth bazar, etc.)

Deca’s Server system has x main server racks, with y+z smaller subsystems within those main racks. However, Deca’s x server racks have limited resources, so when a server is overly crowded, a server with less load will donate a percent of its resources (for example if there are 300 ppl in USW2, and the sever can only handle 200, then lets say the USW3 server rack may “donate” part of its computational power to USW2.)

When b number of players enter in y portals or are just in the nexus or in areas from the nexus (cloth bazzar, tinkerer etc.) and the server as a whole cannot handle b players, the server gets overloaded and cannot handle the players. So, if you were getting a 100/100 experience, you may get a worse experience (let’s say 60/100). However, if the server is too overloaded, the server will throttle everyone’s experience to the point where lagspikes begin to occur for everyone on that server.

Why did Kabam not have this issue?

Becuase Kabam’s servers were larger, and therefore had more resources. Back then, during the Kabam era, if I had poor performance, it was due to my FPS and not because of my net jitter. Now, however, FPS is not my main issue, but net jitter. There is a reason that I could play on Wi-Fi earlier and now need to play on ethernet. My hardware hasn’t changed, it’s just that my Wi-fi isn’t powerful enough to “compensate” for the shitty Decan servers.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.