Shadowbot, a 4th skin by Xaklor

This was my entry for the deca art contest, but I didn’t feel like making it public, so I kept it mostly to myself. Now that it’s over (and it didn’t win) I’ll don’t mind showing it to you guys.

The Shadowbot is a skin for the rogue class, and is based on the minibot family from my Stone Caves of Nores.

The hardest part of making this was retaining the robot’s proportions for back and front animations, because it’s so much smaller than a person. Since it didn’t win the art contest, I will probably re-use it for something later. (almost definitely the stone caves)

Here’s the skin with a large heavy chainmail cloth and a black accessory dye:

Reminds me of trove

Although I like the skin, I feel like it would be better as a pet skin. It doesn’t feel much like a player, but I could see it following me around and healing me up.

the dyes look great on it! the default colours look kinda weird.

I considered that route for my stone caves remake with this skin, but that would mean sacrificing this animation:

which is actually one of my all time favorite animations I’ve done. if electric was redone to play the pet’s attack animation though, I would agree that this would be an awesome pet.

Wait, pets don’t use attack animations?

All this time, I've been living a lie...

But in all seriousness, I have to agree with Scorch that the base colors look a bit strange, but with dyes/cloths, it looks really cool.

Very nice, you remind me, I think I’m going to do the same with my stuff from the contest. Seeing as now I don’t need to keep it original

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.