Shatters 2.0 - Previews (Fan Project)

ngl the only feeling I have towards shatters is slight nostalgia, and I’ll admit it’s certainly not horrendously bad. However there are many flaws such as the set spawns, rather unbalanced enemies, terrible boss fights that are prone to breaking aside from maybe twilight mage but even that is not particularly great, and the drops tend to be bad, and that’s only if you actually get something which is rare. It’s due for a rework, and I wouldn’t mind the sprites being touched up either.

Those sprites look image

i can’t be the only one that thinks they look like they are dabbing

WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME? NOW I CANNOT UNSEE IT AAAAARGH!! asvhamsdhkvs

As someone who’s seen the “YOU TEST THE PATIENCE OF A GOD” phase take place when the FK is in the center of the room, I can confirm this. Also, you can complete Archmage stupidly fast with enough DPS. I’m talking less than a minute.

also i updated some sprites

The yellow ava sprite has no eyes, is this intentional?

That one is for when he’s inactive, so yes, it’s intentional.

I thought that the inactive was the gray one :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s likely because you’re used to the gray Avatar. I made the default Avatar that yellow-ish color since it’s meant to be a skull, and human skulls have a yellow-ish color to them.

Gray Avatar is dark magic, like the black Archmage and black variations of attacks (not the one with dark blue and black crown) for Forgotten King.

Added a Discord link in the main post for the server I’ve made. You can join if you’d like.

It’s also a way to possibly inquire about joining the project!

I always wondered why those guardians never dropped anything. that armor looks sick

Bridge guardian looking kinda chonky
Bridge%20Sentinel

Decently sized update. Full details listed on the main post.

Why do the shots have outlines?

So you can see them properly without me having to go through all the trouble of making it look like a RealmEye portrait.

Plus it makes it easier to store everything in one file and change it in the fly

ready to suffer?

I’d actually start doing these if they dropped all this new stuff (even if they turn out to be bad or good). I never cared much for shatters if I wanted a dps ring I’d just get mbc ring even though crown looks better imo. Looks even better now too. Just always felt like a drag with the droprate and chests etc

Don’t worry, they’re not bad in the slightest. And the original items are given buffs to go with it.

Those are gonna be for a different time, though.

epic

Kinda reminds me of terraria gold portal…
EDIT: actually the name is coin portal, :stuck_out_tongue: also, here is a picture of what its like