Shatters 2.0 - Previews (Fan Project)

Discord%20Icon
Hey, remember when I actually posted stuff for Shatters 2.0?
Well, I’m back again! And this time, I have some stuff for you to see. It’s all just previews for now, but that’s because I have a lot of writing ahead of me before I’m ready to release the final product.
If you want to join the Discord I’ve made for the project, the link is here.

Avatar is not only back, but he’s stronger than ever! He can control four different types of magic at will, and will use them however he must in order to bring you down. Mess with him too much and he’ll even rampage.

Oh, and this time he’s brought some Paladin Obelisks with him!

Bridge%20Sentinel

Bridge Sentinel

He’s more ready to protect you from what’s in the Shatters even more than before, inheriting the power of magic in order to do so! Be careful, though, because he isn’t at the end of the bridge this time… he’s the center of attention!

He’s got a few tricks up his sleeve as well, with a whole new array of attacks and other madness.

Twilight%20Archmage

Twilight Archmage

The Archmage got a bit of a wardrobe update since the last time they were around. They also got a good amount of new magic, making them even deadlier than they once were.

Beware, as they’re no longer a one trick pony. You might get caught off guard! Although, that golden carpet could really end up hurting them a lot…

Royal%20Guardian

Royal Guardians

Since the last time you saw the Forgotten King, he’s gotten more picky about his guardians. This time, he only has two… but they’re a whole lot stronger since you last saw them. They could even be considered a fight on their own!

Maybe you can steal something from them while you’re at it…

Forgotten%20King

The Forgotten King

The Forgotten King has been holding back for quite some time, but no more! He’s now using the full extent of his powers to bring you down and reclaim his spot in the realm. It won’t be easy, but perhaps there’s a way you can defeat him. He’s even able to call upon the forces of light and dark at his disposal!

All that time in solitude sure has allowed him to gather up a lot of strength and hone his skills. The new magic that was introduced to him certainly does help that, but he’s got so much going for him that there’s so much that could go awry. He may not even be considered mortal anymore.

The key may be to unlock a part of his past and strike him when he’s weakest… just maybe…

Mages

Mages

The Archmage isn’t the only one to get a wardrobe update! There’s quite a bit of magic at play now, so be careful, they may pose more of a threat than you once knew.

Something seems off about them, though…

Element%20Portals

Elemental Portals

Let’s just say that those mages sure had a lot of time to increase their magic potential. They’re gonna really hurt this time!

Element%20Explosives

Elemental Explosives

Kabam! Kaboom! Familiar assets of the Shatters have become a lot more dangerous!
And there’s also a new one now?!

Stone%20Enemies

Stonies

There’s a new set of stone dudes wandering around the castle, and they’re more than prepared to do their sworn duty. Don’t get tripped up!

Pillars

Pillars

What happened to these things? They don’t look as shattered as they used to… maybe they were recently fixed?

Generators

Magi-Generators

Wait, were there always three of these?

Birds

Elemental Birds

Squawk! They’re more bright and bashful than ever, with even more intense magic and beautiful colors!

Statues

Statues

Those old, rusty statues throughout the castle got replaced with newer, still rusty statues! The King’s followers even made some of him and his allies, how cute.

Helpless%20Spirits

Helpless Spirits

OH GOD WHY ARE THEY JUST HEADS

Element%20Orbs

Elemental Orbs

There’s six of them now?! Oh, dear… this could get messy.

Magic%20Circle

Magic Circle

This looks like old magic… perhaps it’s part of someone’s past?

Chest

Shattered Chest

Man, time sure does take its toll on those golden chests.

Small%20Shots

Big%20Shots

Projectiles

Good grief, there’s a lot of these. Some of them don’t look familiar at all, either!

New%20Drops

New Drops

Woah, okay, I don’t think five extra drops were needed Mr. Dungeon Maker. Most of them look like familiar objects, though…
(Note: #4 and #5 are for a private server.)

Old%20Drops

Old Drops

They’re still here, don’t yell at me. They look a lot cleaner, though, and that crown… it sure has changed.

ST%20Set

Archmage’s Apprentice Set

A new coat of paint sure goes a long way.

Key%20and%20Portal

Key/Portal

What’s there to really say?

Scroll Badge

Scroll/Badge

What’s this? Could this be related to the past? Nah, it couldn’t be… right?
Maybe collecting every piece of the story will award you with something special?..

Since we’re here and all, assuming you’ve looked through everything, feel free to drop suggestions on what the Archmage, Royal Guardians, and Forgotten King should do! I’ve already got everything done for the Avatar and Bridge Sentinel, so don’t worry about those guys.
Update #1: Changed the appearances of the ST Spell’s shot and all of the Old Drops. Tablet’s green color was changed and stone darkened; Bracer’s colors updated to match the Sentinel and slightly tweaked shading; Gemstone shading changed; Crown colors updated to match up more with the Forgotten King’s crown; ST Spell’s shot updated to be a unique shape.

Update #2: MANY changes to shots, different shading to Ice projectiles/enemies, color choice changed for Mage clothing, different palette for Arcane projectiles/enemies to match Gemstone, and tweaks to shading all around.

Update #3: Changed the Light-based form on Twilight Archmage to a Thunder-based form, and added the Electric Sphere.

Human sprite, hmmmm :thinking:
And also, the bridge sentinel has a sprite with free hands? Now it seems it is going to actually move
EDIT: crown looks hella sexy too image

Nope. That’s just when he’s not activated. Felt like making it just because it felt more fitting to have him summon a sword rather than be ready with it 24/7.

Also, yes, human King. I won’t spoil what that’s for, though. ;p

Alright, overall, sprites look amazing. Not sure about the resprited gear cause I actually like how they look right now. On the other hand, the updated projectiles look nice.

leohE NO –

What? ST spell looks more condensed and the staff just looks like tail. Gemstone seems overshaded. Crown is okay but I just like the current darker crown

the original staff is just… bad, and i wanted to fix that. tail looks decently different
Tezcacoatl's%20Tail2

as for the spell, all other spells share the same size unless they’re the limited edition ones(no thanks). the addition of the scroll part is stylistic, but it’s mostly shrunk down so that it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb

same amount of shades, just redistributed. i actually checked, mine has one less shade. also, how the hell do you think this looks good in the slightest

you mean the one that doesn’t look anything like the crown of the forgotten king? like, at all?

I actually do like gemstone. I know crown doesn’t look right, and isn’t right, but I just like how it looks

I’m afraid I’m going to have to take you to the local Spriter’s Hospital.

No experience in spriting but I agree with Leohe; the original sprites for the items are fine as is, other than maybe the st ring.

New boss sprites look neat, however, I’m concerned that they would end up looking weirdly shaded compared to the rest of the game sprites that use a simpler palette. I really disliked the LoD resprites for this reason.

The only reason that they would really look “weirdly shaded” is because it’s a conflict of WildShadow’s style/Kabam’s style which mimics WildShadow’s style against DECA’s. Transitioning everything over to a more modern style would help everything fit in nicer.

Also, I can tell you from a spriter’s standpoint that there’s more than just a number of problems with just about all of the Shatters items, with Bracer barely being an exclusion. They’re just objectively not very good.

Honestly, I prefer the older and simpler shading but that’s just my opinion. The shading of the tiles in LoD, for example, just seems really excessive and hurts my eyes.

I honestly liked the old gemstone (had more of a feeling of depth and glow) and I liked the unique shape of the old ST staff :man_shrugging:

Everything looks amazing…
…except first king sprite :stuck_out_tongue:

How dare you. That man is just a king trying to govern his people and you call him ugly.

You noodle, I never said that he is ugly. He’s just derpy.

Loving the look of pretty much everything so far! I agree that it would stand out like a sore thumb surrounded by the current game sprites we have, but I don’t think that if a bad thing. I would love to see this game transition to more thought-through and detailed sprites and animations. I am especially looking forward to seeing the dungeon layout you have come up with. Hopefully Deca is putting as much care into their rework as you are.

With all due respect for the amount of effort you’ve put into this, but…LH 1.0 vibes

Those are relatively easy to explain.

Royal Guardian: Inactive. They’re meant to not look important until activated.
Forgotten King: Intangible, AKA can’t be hit. It’ll be used in a few places.

ngl i do think u put alot of time and effort into these sprites but i would hate to see my fav dng getting turned into a sprite hell because the “DECA” aka Community look a like sprites just dont match the game for me they all look way to much like P server sprites.