Shield of the Haunted Souls [UT Shield]

I’m pretty proud of the lore I put like 30 minutes into :wink:

it is dont worry.

rarely see ideas bumped though, usually just forum games and guild

maybe more time should’ve been put into the actual idea lol

Try making something that doesn’t copy the exact shape of an ogmur, for example try going off the Scrotum Shield’s sprite just add minor edits in the shape of it.

Why Quiet? It seems highly redundant considering your mp will likely be depleted by the time you stop using the shield due to pet stasis. Just add a cool down like Oreo, this way you can’t switch to another shield immediately after.

Good idea! I’ll change this!

I’m terrible at spriting :wink:

spent like 30 mins on idea

I think this shield is an awesome idea, and definitely deserves some attention. It could work better if you implemented some kind of magic sickness. Unlike quiet/silence, it doesn’t drain your MP to 0 immediately, but it prevents you to restore MP (like sickness does for your health) + it needs a cool name. Think of some lore why you can’t regenerate mana.
I think the bug that @IAmShurima talked about would still exist this way, and deserves some thoughts.

Raid out.
#firstpost

Yeah, the think is that this “magic sickness” is made to prevent perma buffing. I don’t know if it should really be into the lore.

It could also be in the description or something. "By draining all your magic, you become invincible for a short amount of time."
I DO NOT KNOW how the magic in RotMG works, so…
(Magic sickness would just work better imo)

Actually, you aren’t forced to use all your mp, you can release at any time to stop the mp consumption. So “draining all your magic” couldn’t apply. But something like this might sound good :

In exchange of the user’s magic power, this shield can provide short invulnerability.
(not the description, but a part of the item’s lore)

I think this is a good idea :wink:

Yeah, maybe like um um, yeah that will take some thought :confused: and rip @IAmShurima 's 8/8 pally

Bump? No, definitely not

Infinitely*

What?

he spelled infinitely wrong

I see
goes back on topic

I designed a shield sprite, but can’t figure out how to upload it xD. It’s based off of the original first one near the top.

I don’t see what this has to do with the original post or why you posted it here in the first place, but you can upload pictures by dragging it into the box you type in.