Shield of the Haunted Souls [UT Shield]

Edit: Slightly rebalanced

while that may be the basic use of a shield in real life, in the game shields already give a strong passive def bonus which is giving protection meanwhile having a shield bash ability. [quote=ā€œCMME, post:42, topic:4647, full:trueā€]
Edit: Slightly rebalanced
[/quote]

I still donā€™t see much reason to use this item, I will get armored for about 2 seconds but why would I want that when I can go and stun for a long time with a tiered shield

Edit: Reverted to invincible, let the hate begin :cry: slight buff to MP cost to attempt to accommodate that.

Nice sheild idea, but i like the 1st design FunDjembe made. If anything, he could add some faded yellow-ish green at the bottom right. Other than that, great sheild design!

Tag him so he knows!

Re-re balanced, huge this time

I hope bumping is allowed :cry:

Iā€™m pretty proud of the lore I put like 30 minutes into :wink:

it is dont worry.

rarely see ideas bumped though, usually just forum games and guild

maybe more time shouldā€™ve been put into the actual idea lol

Try making something that doesnā€™t copy the exact shape of an ogmur, for example try going off the Scrotum Shieldā€™s sprite just add minor edits in the shape of it.

Why Quiet? It seems highly redundant considering your mp will likely be depleted by the time you stop using the shield due to pet stasis. Just add a cool down like Oreo, this way you canā€™t switch to another shield immediately after.

Good idea! Iā€™ll change this!

Iā€™m terrible at spriting :wink:

spent like 30 mins on idea

I think this shield is an awesome idea, and definitely deserves some attention. It could work better if you implemented some kind of magic sickness. Unlike quiet/silence, it doesnā€™t drain your MP to 0 immediately, but it prevents you to restore MP (like sickness does for your health) + it needs a cool name. Think of some lore why you canā€™t regenerate mana.
I think the bug that @IAmShurima talked about would still exist this way, and deserves some thoughts.

Raid out.
#firstpost

Yeah, the think is that this ā€œmagic sicknessā€ is made to prevent perma buffing. I donā€™t know if it should really be into the lore.

It could also be in the description or something. "By draining all your magic, you become invincible for a short amount of time."
I DO NOT KNOW how the magic in RotMG works, soā€¦
(Magic sickness would just work better imo)

Actually, you arenā€™t forced to use all your mp, you can release at any time to stop the mp consumption. So ā€œdraining all your magicā€ couldnā€™t apply. But something like this might sound good :

In exchange of the userā€™s magic power, this shield can provide short invulnerability.
(not the description, but a part of the itemā€™s lore)

I think this is a good idea :wink:

Yeah, maybe like um um, yeah that will take some thought :confused: and rip @IAmShurima 's 8/8 pally