Single Player Realm

Unfortunately this would never be possible for such a small game and a small dev team, but if realm ever became a bigger maybe standalone game, rather than a flash/browser game. I would love to see a single player offline campaign mode, like a story mode, where you start a light-blue star and work your way, gaining loot, feeding your pet buying vaults for fame and char slots and everything. It could be a standalone game in itself.

Something like this does exist in [Private Servers…which are not supposed to be discussed here. OB], but that is still largely reliant on teamwork, therefore all the classes would need a re-work for playing solo rather than with a group, maybe even have npc’s that follow you and help you out as you quest your way through the game. The game is already like this in some ways, you can choose to play whichever you want right now, join groups and tackle shatters and event bosses, or just play solo grinding abysses until your brains fall out.

But what I propose would be offline and standalone, have specific star-related quests with a whole storyline rather than being so open and random number generator based.

Again though this would never be possible because it would require remaking the game completely and updating it at the same rate of the online game. Realm’s player-base and Deca’s dev team is way too small to deal with such a huge task.

EDIT: Honestly if anyone has the time and money to invest into such an idea I am sure you could change the game enough to not infringe copyright, could be quite a valuable game if made well… Just suggesting.

[Private server discussion tweaked. OB]

Damn, nice idea. Sadly this idea might take a while to become a reality if at all. :((
Tbh, Deca Games is overrated

I used to wish for an offline mode where I could practice Shatters with a 100/100 pet lol

That would be cool but it’s different again, that would be like a sandbox realm, and extremely hard to implement all the different options.

Would be amazing if a tool was made in-game to make your own dungeon easily.

Like you open up the dungeon maker and see a grid, similar to how you would make sprites using the art makerk people use for sprites.

Having a nice selection of previous walls/tiles/enemies, being able to edit the enemies. Then when you’re done making your dungeon, you can upload it and have other people test it out. (don’t know how much of a hassle multiplayer in these dungeons would be possible)(also you can’t die in them, and obviously your loot doesn’t save).

Although putting restrictions on the amount of dungeons you can upload will be quite a hassle. (people spamming the server with dungeons, not fun, also they’d take up a decent amount of space i’d imagine)

But you’d have to deal with the problem of well, adding anything that’s “non-multiplayer”, the part where this might make people “actually” play the game less.

Would be nice to see people make really good dungeons and get “best dungeon of the month” awards and stuff like that. One can only dream.

With this, people can have the amazing benefit of practicing/playing by yourself while still keeping your activity “multiplayer”-ish.

Yeah, as you said this will probably never happen, as it’s literally changing the entire game and removing the MMO part of any part of it that makes them money, and they’d have to re-balance everything.

Because you can also just download the files released in places of the game, you can just run your own pserver and that’s your singleplayer, so yeah, other pservers or running your own pretty much means this won’t happen from the sheer amount of work required to balance.

As for the edit, they’d be infringing on copyright as you’re talking about literally taking the game and then making it singleplayer, anyone can create a similar type of game to this, they can’t steal the games code because no amount of changing will make it legal. They’d need to make an entire new game, which would not be ROTMG as it’s just not made for that.

Realm standalone

That would just not be the same game.

First off you’d need to rebalance a lot of things for it to work, since Hp values on most bosses are just ridiculous if you’re playing 100% solo and having to run all the way to godlands each time by yourself would quickly become a hassle.

Secondly, that’d require you to put everything client-side. Absolutely everything.

And lastly, due to the two points mentioned above there could never be a way to use what you gained in single player in the multiplayer part of the game.

Dungeon Editor

This would straight up destroy RotMG. Players who make dungeons have no idea of the technical limitations of the game, they’d crash the entire server every time they make a new one. Or even worse, some players could make the server crash on purpose, either just to be annoying or to dupe.

[Private Servers. OB]

… are something we’re not supposed to discuss here. All I’ll say is that they perfectly encapsulate everything wrong with giving too much creative freedom to the community, starting with the fact that most players are a lot shittier at designing dungeons and boss battles than they think they are.

[Private server discussion tweaked. OB]

I never meant to use items gained in single player in the normal game anyway, also obviously the whole game would need to be recreated and re-balanced, plus, currently I solo everything anyway, so an offline actual solo game would be very fun for me, and would eliminate lag. Also it would include more npc interaction and less running to god-lands, would be a whole different game with the same theme as Realm…

I think he was referring to an offline dungeon editor which would have no connection with the actual game servers or anything to do with the game for that matter, it would just be a sandbox mode for practicing dungeons. Which we all know is too hard to implement but nothing in this post is ever going to happen anyway, so why compare them to the actual prod game?

[Private server discussion removed. OB]

Is that really a problem with RotMG though, or does it mean you didn’t pick the right game for your tastes and would be better off playing something else?

And that’s exactly the problem. No company would ever spend their resources on two different games this similar when just one of them already has trouble staying afloat, and merely copy-pasting 90% of RotMG into a new game would be lazy and potentially a copyright issue.

What you’d need to do would be to take the concept of a bullet hell RPG and make a completely new game with it. This isn’t really an Ideas thread so much as an Off-topic one.

Except for the part where he said you could upload your dungeons and have other people test them out.

Why would Deca make something like that when it’s a lot better to have players teach each other the ropes? (and, of course, we need incentives for players to keep dying and/or buying dungeon keys). Again, you fail to see the necessity of keeping a social aspect to the game.

Have you even read what gets posted in Ideas? You have things that are completely broken and unbalanced, things that are technically impossible in this game, things that don’t really fit, or sometimes all 3 at once!

Deca is still probably going to implement some quality-of-life changes presented in here and maybe some dungeon ideas (after A LOT of tweaking and testing), it’s not their fault if the majority of Ideas are either completely useless or would require too much work to become useful.

[Private server discussion removed. OB]

In fact I said solo was a fun way for me to play, not that I didn’t choose the right game for my tastes, but I would like to see a single player release of realm, not that it will ever happen.

You misinterpret my term forum, I changed the comment, I meant nothing in this thread is going to be implemented because it simply takes too much work. I feel you are trying to find everything wrong with the idea and the only things you come up with is it would take too much effort and is not worth the time.

Yes but for what reason does this have to be directly through prod? It could be it’s own pserver that has literally nothing to do with prod just to test out on, I am sure people do that already to test out their own community made dungeons.

Again you miss the point, it’s not meant to replace prod, it’s meant to practice in prod, why waste maxed chars practicing confuse controls or rushing shatters in prod when you can do it on a free disposable character.

You seem to be hitting me very hard just for suggesting this even though I stated many times that it’s impractical and will probably never be implemented, there is nothing wrong with the idea…

What would you rather have: people who post their detailed opinion of your idea in a respectful manner, or people who just leave you with “your idea is garbage just kill yourself”?

It’s just weird that you’d choose to play a massively multiplayer game 100% solo. Kinda defeats the entire purpose, and makes me think you’d be happier playing a game that’s actually designed for solo play.

Then all you’d have would be a bad Minecraft-clone.

The entire point of RotMG is to die and rebuild, and meet a lot of people along the way.

Indeed, there is very little chance of it being grafted onto RotMG. What I’m telling you is that it could be a good idea for a completely new game.
To be honest, I’d be very interested in a single-player bullet hell RPG with an actual story, I just think it’d be better if it were its own thing with a new art style and a new universe rather than RotMG 2:Electric Boogaloo.

Ah, because it’s so hard to use a spare charslot, practice on a mule, or create a new account (call it a NPE/PPE if you so desire). There’s no need to create a whole new game to do this.

But it’s not creating a whole new game, I think I was suggesting that [a private server] be used, I have no clue anymore, I am arguing someone else’s idea lol…

[Yet more private server discussion tweaked. OB]

Stop talking about private servers you guys are wearing down ol OB :frowning:

Yay my first mod edited comment and it wasn’t bad

[YES, YOU ARE. OB]

If you want a singleplayer bullet-hell rogue-like, go here(Steam store). Otherwise, that’s not what ROTMG is.

Hero siege is the game you are all looking for

Has hack n slash description, not bullet hell, but yeah, there’s surprisingly quite a few rogue-like bullet hell games. Like that steam page had around 6 with the pixelated/rogue-like/bullet hell tag.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.