Skill Tree, but it's JohnMH's for a PServer and it has sprites and stuff and I also need help balancing

Let’s make this simple. I was doing this for a PServer that I do stuff for, and because it took so much time, I figured I would just to ahead and share it, and maybe get some tips on balancing it around Prod.

I edited what classes go where at most, since the rest applies already. Feel free to critique anything, from the sprites to how OP something is.

It’s a nice concept, but way overpowered. Swords permanently pierce armor? Goodbye, ogmur. RoF 20% increased? Machine gun time. It’s hard to make something like this both worth it AND balanced. Commendable effort

It was geared towards a PServer and I didn’t know what could be done to make it more applicable to Prod, so I left it as is and added

But hey, thanks! You have no idea the struggle it was to make all those damn sprites.

Oh, right, it’s also something you have to really earn, so there’s that I guess?

i mean normally i’d say :hammer: but i took an unhealthy dose of PServers when i initially got bored of realm

i mean im talking about ########, #######, and even #################!

Before, DECA used to say that they were fine with them as long as they don’t use their content. I’m not sure when that changed, but apparently it did, which sucks.

If I get banned all because of the fact I’m showing my creativity in something I’ll actually be able to see it in, then hey, it was a good run.

@JohnMH It’s not that you’d be getting banned for showing your creativity. you could submit your sprite works and what not through forums or to them directly.

what you’d get banned for is using their content platform that they have copyrights on.
other people playing on a private server instead of theirs when the general platform / concept is something they created and you copypasting is fraudulent. hence the ban.

don’t get yourself banned for something like that, It’s just wanting to end it all for no real reason.
just don’t make it a public platform for others to play on because that’s where they draw the line.

submit a request for this to them for testing purposes or ask them what you can do.

Well, WildShadow made the base game and Kabam made a bit of the content, so DECA is mainly responsible for their own content, which isn’t a phenomenal amount.

I would also think just sending it to them and having them possibly see what they can do would allow too much leeway. It would be better to have it more balanced before sending the idea, just so that it doesn’t scream “too powerful”. even though halls items exist

I wonder which pserver…

On the side note skills become way too powerful at tier 5, such as dual blade, shieldbreaker, enchanted blades. Slight boosts would make the most sense compared to the heavy boosts that explained here.

I personally think that they’re a bit more justified, considering you have to have the entire Survival Island completed to even get it in the first place. I can see where you’re coming from, though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.