So, what do you still play this game for?

I’ve played a lot of RotMG over the past six years, but it’s just starting to feel flat as the fame train makes up to 80% of any given realm population most of the time, and killing gods/fame training has no appeal, sense of accomplishment or inherent fun. You’re ot looking for a dungeon to spawn by killing ents, you’re not trying to get a group to kill that one event, you’re running through the area with the least amount of commitment just to die with more fame than you had, and this kinda makes me sad. So, what do you still play this game for?

Why you still play RotMG?

its relaxing

It’s gay.
also… lost halls

I haven’t actually sat down and played in a few months just because of time but it’s fun and simple to me so that’s why I like it. Reminds me of playing snes and game boy as a child at a comrades house

If you get bored I would make a new account or join a new active guild. Get rid of what you have on account and start over I’ve done that before

I go on Realmeye for the community. I don’t play anymore.

I play in the hopes that one day I will get a shatters or maybe even an event white.

I play because I don’t fame train and instead genuinely enjoy the gameplay.

There’s literally nothing to do for most advanced players except run shatts/lh and hope for loot.
Fame training improves your status somewhat and gives you sort of a sense of accomplishment so many players do that.

How does this have anything to do with you wanting to play the game? just don’t go in the train.

I play for my guild, that’s about it.

I play for the occasional bit of loot and honestly 95% for the people.

I pretty much just use this game for when I get bored of grinding on the other games I play.

Your graveyard looks like genuine enjoyment. Give it a little while until you’re actually able to reliably max a character and you get tired of your pet healing 1% of a divine, then tell me you hate the fame train.

[something something everyone is maxed and has all tops/UTs 80% of the time not actually answering the question something something]

what? how does that have anything to do with the train?

I do so many ppe attempts that pretty much end in failure, but throwing away all my whites isn’t gonna be on my list for quite some time X)

The train takes the realms from feeling like working towards a nest to drop, or LS to spawn (alright LH doesn’t count because public ones break down very quickly, espicially with the determination it takes). Everything can be maxed far more efficiently seemingly from running tombs, shats, OTs and everything else that drops these pots much more easily and without requiring much effort. Nests and LHs, even if they were something that realm got excited about, would probably take like 5 minutes and 8 in a full realm, respectively.

Edit: I also neglected to mention that what with the people who exclusively fame train or use a script to do so, the effective population of a realm (I.E. those who stop fametraining glands to kill an event other than gship, cube god, skull shrine, gsphinx, etc.) drops off dramatically from the 50-85+ people to like… a dozen.

I can guarantee you the train has nothing to do with people not doing the nest and not killing the nest event. The train really does nothing but increase the average of player fame # (and house the most toxic chat you’ll see)

TO FIND PIXELATED WHITE BAGS.

Kms

It’s the game that broke my soul.

I’ve played for over six years as well, and now I still play for the same things I played for six years ago. I’m still trying to get a god damn event white first of all, and I still haven’t gotten a third of the regular dungeon whites and vanities. I play for my friends and my guild; some of them I’ve been friends with since I started playing. Most of the community is generic internet trash, but those select few decent players are what really keeps me going.

I don’t even know anymore. Everyday it’s a new disappointment even if i accomplish something.